Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 24-08-2019, 07:36 PM

Mr_Gristle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowMr_Gristle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowMr_Gristle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowMr_Gristle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowMr_Gristle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowMr_Gristle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowMr_Gristle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowMr_Gristle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowMr_Gristle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowMr_Gristle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowMr_Gristle will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommercialStone View Post
Were terrible.

This is the season we go down.

Roy, get out of my club.

Wow, what a win.

Sir Roy of Croydon.

Rinse and repeat.
Sums GPD up pretty well, I think.
Old 24-08-2019, 07:44 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
30 years ago he was. Were you?
Good point. I was, with you and the old man when Bright scored 2 for the win and the wankers where calling for Ferguson's head. I think that trumps him.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Spindle; 24-08-2019 at 07:48 PM.
Old 24-08-2019, 07:48 PM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
After the launch of about 15 different threads in reaction to a single loss and poor performance I thought I post this thread to give all of those who where giving everybody at the club a good slagging the opportunity to apologise here.

Go on then, you know who you are.
As someone who you might describe as one of the bedwetters based on couple of my posts last week, I started to put a fairly lengthy and serious response together.

But then I thought,oh **** it. We've just beaten the wankers, and that doesn't happen very often. I'm just going to enjoy the result tonight and leave worrying about the bigger picture until at least the middle of next week
Old 24-08-2019, 07:53 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
Its a simple game really. Who knew playing 3 central midfielders is a better formation for us eh?!

Not many when that team was announced. In fact only AJ was positive.
Old 24-08-2019, 07:58 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Not many when that team was announced. In fact only AJ was positive.
Really? I thought it was spot on formation and selection for this game. For home games, I'd change Mac or Kouyate for Camarasa/Meyer. I imagine it was people slating Schlupp despite being a regular threat and actually has pace.
Old 24-08-2019, 07:59 PM

little dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolabolabola View Post
Reasonable points in the circumstances. Funny it upsets you so much.
I think your trail of bedwetting threads makes it very clear whos upset
Old 24-08-2019, 08:08 PM

little dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
You’re slating other fans on here after one of our most memorable away wins ever, and you’re calling others negative?!!!
Every palace fan is elated at today’s result. I only feel negatively towards the fickle fans that have slagged off the club non stop for months and contributed to building a toxic atmosphere, and now seem to be backtracking after today’s results. We’re 3 matches into the season!

Going to more matches than some people doesn’t entitle you to do that. To be honest I would far rather hugely negative people weren’t following us home and away - booing Wilf at Brammal Lane etc

Understand the predicament that the club is in. Accept that we are owned by millionaires not billionaires and enjoy being in the premier league for a 7th straight year.
Old 24-08-2019, 08:17 PM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Philsick wants Hodgson out and replaced with Hope Powell
Famously claimed awb and Zaha wanted out because Roys training sessions are boring

Cpfc: decent club with a pond life fan base
Old 24-08-2019, 08:32 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
Its a simple game really. Who knew playing 3 central midfielders is a better formation for us eh?!

Most of us. Well done to whoever mentioned it to Roy.
Its basically the same thing Roy has done against the top 6 sides since he got here. Against the top 6 weve got our tactics nailed. Its at home to sides that sit deep for which we have no answer.
Old 24-08-2019, 08:46 PM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You miserable specimes who dissed this club after 2 games, who made me think. not about giving up my season tickets but about the BBS, I wont say I told you so. I didnt.
> Howeverr the emotional stuff about this being the worst team ever etc was just pathetic.

WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE

REPEAT

REPEAT

Even if we go down this ear we still wont be the worst Palace team ever. One result maketh not a season but I do ask, how do you give up on a team when it can do that?
Old 24-08-2019, 08:53 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by laths View Post
Posters can post what they like on here, its a friccing message board aint it.
So what's your message?
Old 24-08-2019, 09:01 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Not saying all is rosy, or we wont be in a relegation scrap at some point; but the meltdown this last week after just TWO games was probably the single biggest piece of absolute nonsensical fickleness Ive ever witnessed on the BBS.
Quite. We are Palace. We will have shit days but we will have great ones too. Stay calm - wait for the season to play out.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 24-08-2019, 09:19 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
That’s the internet for you! Instant judgements in sport. You wait till we lose at home to Villa!
Because I have an aversion to social media, I was very late joining the BBS, at least in terms of my lifetime, and was so pleasantly surprised by the generally balanced and philosophical tone to adversity here, compared to what is usually seen on the terraces. As a relative JCL to these boards, I've noticed a real change in the last three years, with certain posters dominating and starting threads based on pure negativity and bitterness.

It's great to see the positivity right now but we all know it may last only a week. The objectivity we had back in 2013, when we were willing to give the team months before we judged, is almost gone and the site is unbearable at times, with some of the most entitled crap imaginable. Approaching Newcastle or Arsenal level at times.

I'd love a name and shame thread where the worst emotional diarrhea, of the worst posters, can be scrapbooked, to be laughed at when the season is over. Perhaps a season-ending thread where we vote on the 'Biggest Bedwetter' award? 'Surrender Monkey' award? 'Biggest Axe To Grind' award? 'Doom and Gloom award?' 'Biggest Pantie Squirt Post' award? It might be entertaining and shame some of the worst culprits to curtail using this space as a place to vent their spleens at the slightest excuse.
Old 24-08-2019, 09:25 PM

pardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is here
It's like Brexit. The most negative voices are the loudest and most insistent, but it doesn't mean they're right. Tend not to stand up for their discredited opinions, too, and look to blame others wherever possible.
Old 24-08-2019, 09:33 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pardew's shorts View Post
It's like Brexit.

No. Roy has a plan.
Old 24-08-2019, 09:43 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
We don't ask for much as Palace fans. A bit of hope, a bit of excitement and the players giving their all. Last week we got none of that, this week we got it in spades. I got my mojo back today and it was another of our memorable away days. Roll on next week.
Old 24-08-2019, 09:45 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
I went to Sheffield United.I went today.I'm allowed to be annoyed by last week's performance.I'm allowed to be annoyed that we won't break a team sitting deep down in a month of Sundays and a large majority of games this season are going to be unbelievably boring.

And you're allowed to be annoyed at my annoyance etc etc etc.
Old 24-08-2019, 09:46 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford triumph View Post
We don't ask for much as Palace fans. A bit of hope, a bit of excitement and the players giving their all. Last week we got none of that, this week we got it in spades. I got my mojo back today and it was another of our memorable away days. Roll on next week.
^
Old 24-08-2019, 09:46 PM
77/78 Admiral Away Torso

Del Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is here
Quote:
Internet only fans have less license than those who go to every game. If someone travels to Sheffield and United on consecutive weekends, they get to vent or cheer on here.
Which Palace Forum do you moderate?
Old 24-08-2019, 10:12 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
I went to Sheffield United.I went today.I'm allowed to be annoyed by last week's performance.I'm allowed to be annoyed that we won't break a team sitting deep down in a month of Sundays and a large majority of games this season are going to be unbelievably boring.

And you're allowed to be annoyed at my annoyance etc etc etc.
It's not that level of disapproval which is a problem; it was based on dismal performances. It's those here who never have anything positive to say and turn everything into a disaster and a scandal.