Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 23-09-2019, 06:27 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
The masses always seem to hate the middle classes and ‘intellectuals’ and can be easily whipped up into a fury by a few ruling elites pointing to them where their woes really lie. The pattern is the same whether it be 1930’s Germany, Trump, Brexit etc..etc.. find a scapegoat. Foreigners, environmentalists etc... FFS they can even get into a frenzy about vegans - why does it bother you what someone else eats you *****?
Old 23-09-2019, 06:28 PM

spiny norman is just too good for youspiny norman is just too good for youspiny norman is just too good for youspiny norman is just too good for youspiny norman is just too good for youspiny norman is just too good for youspiny norman is just too good for youspiny norman is just too good for youspiny norman is just too good for youspiny norman is just too good for youspiny norman is just too good for you
Think she has said she has an "autistic spectrum disorder". I also squirm watching and listening her,to me her childhood looks to have been hijacked a bit too much by political opinions and dialogue.
Old 23-09-2019, 06:40 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Seems as good a place to put this as any

To view the link you have to Register or Login

What a brilliant racket, I bet they've got a CEO on 150K and a legion of concerned campaigners on 40% taxable salaries.
Old 23-09-2019, 06:45 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
What a brilliant racket, I bet they've got a CEO on 150K and a legion of concerned campaigners on 40% taxable salaries.
So what if they do? Are you as offended by the CEO of a company slashing down rainforests and earning 250k?

Last edited by Golf Boy; 23-09-2019 at 06:47 PM.
Old 23-09-2019, 06:45 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
1. She’s not autistic. Another thing to add to the list of things you are ignorant about.
2. If you bothered to listen or read, you’d know that her whole point is to push politicians and leaders to cut through the rhetoric and to listen to the science. The stuff that is almost globally agreed by actual scientists. The stuff That is being wilfully ignored in favour of big business and politics.

You’re either intentionally ignorant and have your head in the sand or breathtakingly selfish. Or most likely both.
I'm guessing you've been panicked by a schoolgirl having a hissy fit?
Old 23-09-2019, 06:51 PM
Policy advisor to God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
The masses always seem to hate the middle classes and ‘intellectuals’ and can be easily whipped up into a fury by a few ruling elites pointing to them where their woes really lie. The pattern is the same whether it be 1930’s Germany, Trump, Brexit etc..etc.. find a scapegoat. Foreigners, environmentalists etc... FFS they can even get into a frenzy about vegans - why does it bother you what someone else eats you *****?
FFS, try to stick to something serious, to pitch or to chip, they are the real questions of the day.
Old 23-09-2019, 06:53 PM
Policy advisor to God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
So what if they do? Are you as offended by the CEO of a company slashing down rainforests and earning 250k?

I can't be sure but I think our rain forests have long gone, perhaps the odd tree in a national trust spot but otherwise...………..
Old 23-09-2019, 06:58 PM
I'm not divorced

Quote:
I can't be sure but I think our rain forests have long gone, perhaps the odd tree in a national trust spot but otherwise...………..
You are Matov zero.
Old 23-09-2019, 07:21 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'm guessing you've been panicked by a schoolgirl having a hissy fit?
No, I’ve been panicked by global scientific consensus saying that we are on a trajectory towards irreversible and catastrophic damage to the planet and everyone on it, and that people like you are either too stupid to wake up to that or too selfish to try and do anything about it.
Old 23-09-2019, 07:39 PM
I'm not divorced

Quote:
No, I’ve been panicked by global scientific consensus saying that we are on a trajectory towards irreversible and catastrophic damage to the planet and everyone on it, and that people like you are either too stupid to wake up to that or too selfish to try and do anything about it.
The latter.
Old 23-09-2019, 07:43 PM
Policy advisor to God

Quote:
So what exactly are you going to do, what is Britain going to do.

Eat a veggie burger, turn the heating down a degree, get the bus, no more foreign holidays or maybe vote for an idiot promising everything you want.

Britain is doing more than most 1st world countries. Got the heating on yet?
Old 23-09-2019, 08:03 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Eat a veggie burger, turn the heating down a degree, get the bus, no more foreign holidays or maybe vote for an idiot promising everything you want.

Eating veggie burgers will not help. Today now the big chains have linked up with the veggie/vegan fads (and I say fads as a veggie for 40 plus years) there is as much "convenience" veggie/vegan food around now on supermarket shelves as there is meat based meals. Much of it is soya based and where is all the additional soya coming from? Yes of course what used to be Amazon rain forest !!!

By all means be a veggie or vegan or just reduce your meat intake but take the time to plan and think about the options.

Think seasonal and sustainable sources. Most good veggie\vegan meals can be made from scratch using local products.

As one farmer recently said when Cambridge University removed near dishes from their menus under pressure from students. They are not saving the planet they are not sourcing local, seasonal, sustainable food but high carbon footprint, unsustainable food. In addition putting local jobs and communities at risk.

If people want to save the planet then but local seasonal food. Support local business, Reject supermarket packaging and goods shipped in from across the globe as much as possible.

Cook more forget ready made and take aways. Small steps but you will be healthier and enjoy food more.

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane

Last edited by Percy Dalton; 23-09-2019 at 08:06 PM.
Old 23-09-2019, 08:11 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
The politics of envy!

Calm down dear.
Old 23-09-2019, 08:15 PM
Policy advisor to God

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
The politics of envy!

Calm down dear.
Don't nick my jokes.
Old 23-09-2019, 08:30 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Don't nick my jokes.
They are jokes?
Old 23-09-2019, 08:35 PM
Policy advisor to God

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
They are jokes?
Well, you nicked 'em.
Old 23-09-2019, 10:08 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Still no consideration that she is highly influenced by her far left mother. Being autistic its hard to say if shes super intelligent or extremely influenced to the point of being her mothers mouthpiece.
Not a trait common in Autistic Spectrum disorders. What probably should be of more interest rather than what her mother believes, is what she's saying.

Quote:
I just dont get what part 'brainwashing' dont you understand?
Brainwashing requires that you systematically torture and break an individual over extended periods of time before utilising conditioning techniques to essentially reconstruct them. All research has found that its very ineffective, short lived and tends to be a fantasy created by fiction and defence lawyers rather than an actual phenomena.

Quote:
Why trust a 16 year olds opinion on anything of such major importance? Would u trust her on the economy, policing, crime, education..etc?
Why not trust her - We seem to have put our trust in all manner of 'adults' who have pretty much sold out the present and future generations to secure a profit, regardless of consequence. I'm not a believer or a convert to her cause, but she and these kids have got a point - Climate change is actually happening, its scientifically defined and observable - the only questions really remain about the degree to which human action is a factor, with most opinions being more or less on her side of the argument - It is, and a significant one.

Quote:
I fully get how she can 'inspire' a generation of youth but ADULTS being strung along. Very bizarre indeed. Cult like.
Because its not just her is it. The last 35 years of my life has been an increasing series of concerns about mankinds impact on the environment, a situation which has been a factor now going back centauries. Whether its been lethal fogs, rising sea levels, extinction of species, deforestation, pollution etc.

In reality, all she's doing is saying "Smoking is stupid, its bad for you and for others" - ie something we all know, but yet people still seem to be very keen to 'hear what the tabbacco companies have to say.

Its kind of hard not to look at mankind and not see it as a virus with shoes, spreading across the planet like locusts, consuming and destroying everything.
Old 23-09-2019, 10:40 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:

Eat less meat. Use public transport more and drive less. Make sacrifices that add up. Protest again your leaders to do more and set targets to be less reliant on fossil fuels. Basically everything that the young people that you delight in taking the piss out of do. There’s plenty of things you can do if you want to help.

You don’t seem like a stupid person so what is it, just selfish?
Old 23-09-2019, 11:59 PM
Stroud1

minch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Seems as good a place to put this as any

Yes I know someone who works for them they do a great job. Last year I helped plant about 50-60 trees on an allotment and although they came from The woodland trust, the scheme was financed by Ikea so it's good to see company's like that putting something back, for future generations. I suppose everything is relative. The Woodland trust is a large organisation so probably 150k is worthwhile if the CEO is effective at getting some of these big corporates to contribute to improving our environment.

Last edited by minch1; 24-09-2019 at 12:05 AM.
Old 24-09-2019, 12:05 AM

audreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is here
Greta totally nailed it.What an amazing young woman she is!