Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 24-09-2019, 04:40 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Fox News backing away and criticising their talking head over his mentally ill comments. But leaving it to their own presenters brother to criticise her comments on Thunberg.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 24-09-2019, 05:13 PM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
And what did you do?
A first simple step for him: Skint switch to the ecosia web browser and they will plant trees every time you search. Just a good as google.

68 million and rising so far

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 24-09-2019, 05:15 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Brazilian president in a “**** off” (or possibly “pay us lots of money”) to the world
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 24-09-2019, 06:01 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKATE View Post
A first simple step for him: Skint switch to the ecosia web browser and they will plant trees every time you search. Just a good as google.

I'll have a look tomorrow, see what its all about.

I generally regard tree's as good but will also To view the link you have to Register or Login.
Old 24-09-2019, 06:12 PM

Skin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is here
Sorry but what exactly is Greta saying that is new? Her message appears to be a highly charged version of what people (including politicians and international bodies) have been saying my entire life: climate change is real, its 99% man made and it is likely to reduce quality of life for future generations. I'm on board with beliveing that (I suspect future generations might have a trick or two up their sleeve though, humans are like that, its how we've lasted so long).

Whilst there's no excuse for the sad old men slagging her off I have a little more sympathy for those cynical that its a PR thingy and I'm also concerned now she's famous stateside. The progressive movement in America has a nasty habit of building people up to knock them down and doesn't have a lot of time for dissenting voices and I fear the day she develops an 'unwoke' opinion (overpopulation in Sth Asia is hardly helping for example) the allies and buddies who are screaming "stop bullying the child!" at yer gammon will turn on her and rip her to pieces.

As for individuals the best way you can help the planet (going to assume boycotting China is unrealistic these days) is simply by flying less, that's the biggest amount of unnecessary carbon that gets out there. But this is the good ship BBS where bragging about ones holidays and business trips is seen as a personality trait so we might have a spot of bother here.

Edited to add: taxing carbon and investing in nuclear energy are also good ideas.

Last edited by Skin Up; 24-09-2019 at 06:25 PM.
Old 24-09-2019, 06:26 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Brazilian president in a “**** off” (or possibly “pay us lots of money”) to the world
What’s wrong with paying them money? They have a product we want ( and it isn’t animal feed )
Old 24-09-2019, 06:27 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
What’s wrong with paying them money? They have a product we want ( and it isn’t animal feed )
Nothing, and is probably where we’ll end up.

But it sets an intriguing precedent
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 24-09-2019, 06:31 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Is it pube topiary?
Old 24-09-2019, 06:53 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Up View Post
Sorry but what exactly is Greta saying that is new? Her message appears to be a highly charged version of what people (including politicians and international bodies) have been saying my entire life: climate change is real, its 99% man made and it is likely to reduce quality of life for future generations. I'm on board with beliveing that (I suspect future generations might have a trick or two up their sleeve though, humans are like that, its how we've lasted so long).

Whilst there's no excuse for the sad old men slagging her off I have a little more sympathy for those cynical that its a PR thingy and I'm also concerned now she's famous stateside. The progressive movement in America has a nasty habit of building people up to knock them down and doesn't have a lot of time for dissenting voices and I fear the day she develops an 'unwoke' opinion (overpopulation in Sth Asia is hardly helping for example) the allies and buddies who are screaming "stop bullying the child!" at yer gammon will turn on her and rip her to pieces.

As for individuals the best way you can help the planet (going to assume boycotting China is unrealistic these days) is simply by flying less, that's the biggest amount of unnecessary carbon that gets out there. But this is the good ship BBS where bragging about ones holidays and business trips is seen as a personality trait so we might have a spot of bother here.

Edited to add: taxing carbon and investing in nuclear energy are also good ideas.
Agree alot.
Old 25-09-2019, 08:59 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
It wouldn't exactly be buying as such it would be blackmail. They've already been offered, I can't be bothered to check but I think £20million by the G7 and they told the G7 to feck off. How much would be needed, who else would hold a match to their forests, this year and next year.

Maybe you could turn the blackmail around and have a trade embargo on certain farmed goods. Already a few companies have stopped buying Brazilian leather. Although I doubt that would work either given the worldwide demand for soya.
Old 25-09-2019, 09:11 AM
Policy advisor to God

Quote:

I've made it the default in Edge, I'll see how it goes but ultimately it has to be as good as google or I'll just drift back.
Old 25-09-2019, 09:52 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:

i dont recall anyone suggesting what Greta was saying was new. Just that she has assisted in galvanizing a younger generation and then becoming a media sensation (your concerns in that area seem valid).

SaulAlinsky
Old 25-09-2019, 09:57 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
i dont recall anyone suggesting what Greta was saying was new. Just that she has assisted in galvanizing a younger generation and then becoming a media sensation (your concerns in that area seem valid).
What is new is the speed of climate change and the increased urgency for action.

What is new about Greta is that in 13 months she went from a single girl making a solo protest to worldwide protests. I'm sure that the reason so many middle aged people dislike her is because she makes them realise how little they've done with their lives!

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 25-09-2019, 10:40 AM
Policy advisor to God

Quote:

………………………………...

One of the issues of climate change is that its become something of a religion and asking question is seen as heresy. You've cheerfully put 99% but you have to remember that only 5% of CO2 produced worldwide is due to human activity.
Old 25-09-2019, 11:39 AM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
One of the issues of climate change is that its become something of a religion and asking question is seen as heresy. You've cheerfully put 99% but you have to remember that only 5% of CO2 produced worldwide is due to human activity.
There are a lot of drivers to climate change and greenhouse gas concentrations are just one. There are a few sources of greenhouse gas and artificial production is one of them. Carbon dioxide is one greenhouse gas but others include methane and water. Sulphur dioxide can also reflect sunlight and lower temperatures.

Not to say that reducing emissions of greenhouse gases and other pollutants is something we shouldn't prioritise or that it won't help, but anyone who thinks this will magically produce a climatic environment we like is delusional. The climate is constantly changing; the Thames stopped freezing some centuries ago (the design of London Bridge has an effect on that); Whymper observed retreat in Alpine glaciers between the 1780s and the 1860s; there was a Little Ice Age coinciding with the Maunder sunspot minimum for a couple of centuries.

In fact the current climate of the Earth, an interglacial period within an ice age that began 2.2 million years ago, is quite untypical. 80% of the time there is no ice at the poles at all.
Old 25-09-2019, 01:07 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
The opposite you mean surely? climate change deniers are more like a religion in that it requires a great deal of faith in face of increasing evidence to the contrary.
Old 25-09-2019, 01:12 PM
I'm not divorced

Quote:

Thanks for this. Have just installe
Old 25-09-2019, 02:21 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well its kind of like a religion, but one which is based on scientific research and evidence.
Old 25-09-2019, 02:24 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well its kind of like a religion, but one which is based on scientific research and evidence.
Don't be silly, skint has picked up one random statistic and therefore thinks he knows more than the vast majority of the world's scientific community.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 25-09-2019, 02:28 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
So nothing at all like a religion then?