Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 17-09-2019, 10:06 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Someone has forgotten all about Claude Davis.
He missed a few games too.
Old 17-09-2019, 10:08 PM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post
Not to mention he was made captain of PSG when he was 17.
Always find this fact remarkable for two reasons.

Firstly, what an achievement at 17.

Secondly, not to take anything away from Mama, it shows how far behind other top teams PSG were in very recent memory. They were non-existent as a European force until the Qataris arrived. A castle built on sand.
Old 17-09-2019, 10:08 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcpfc View Post
When Sakho is fully fit he is our best ever CB. However his injuries and horror moment in every game is why he is not at a top 6 club.
Pretty much. On his day when fit hes great. Trouble is all the best defences are built on partnerships and as a back 4 as a collective unit. Look at any sucessful team and generally speaking the back 4 stays the same.

Statistically i bet we arent actually better with him in the side than not because the chopping and changing does no good (Cahill and Sakho looked like stangers on Saturday). By the time Sakho and Tomkins got themselves together and looked great together one of them got injured....

Last edited by Billyd; 17-09-2019 at 10:10 PM.
Old 17-09-2019, 10:11 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
Always find this fact remarkable for two reasons.

Firstly, what an achievement at 17.

Secondly, not to take anything away from Mama, it shows how far behind other top teams PSG were in very recent memory. They were non-existent as a European force until the Qataris arrived. A castle built on sand.

Man City and Chelsea too - major financial doping.

EDIT: Jeez I just looked up the club with the richest owners - it's Wolves at $80bn!

Last edited by GorBlimey; 17-09-2019 at 10:18 PM.
Old 17-09-2019, 10:49 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Has anyone mentioned he is crap in the air? Not a good trait for a center back.
Old 17-09-2019, 11:21 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Best Centre Back we have had since Young and Thorn and a different type to those 2 but with his passing accuracy makes him the best in my view.

His passing ability out from the back sets him apart. He has certainly set up numerous attacks with pinpoint passing out from the back.

Reads the game well to spot danger but he is also prone to the odd howler now and again especially at the start of a match.

He has been good value for money even though he has missed around 10 matches each season through injury.

You worry though with his unique style he is more prone to injury. Think the Spurs game came too early for him but we were forced to rush him back in the side due to the other injuries to our centre backs. Hopefully he will be fully fit soon.

Tomkins and Sakho formed a great partnership last year and with the addition of Cahill we should be in good shape in this area.

Last edited by SussexRed&Blue; 17-09-2019 at 11:50 PM.
Old 18-09-2019, 03:40 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
He is our best ever centre back.
One of them but not the best , that said itís all about opinion of course .
Old 18-09-2019, 03:41 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
I think he is brilliant. Not good enough for a Man City but comfortably good enough to play for a champions league team. In my opinion the thing that stops champions league teams wanting him is his injury record. Despite him being a fantastic footballer I wish we hadn't bought him given the £25m fee and over £100k per week wages. It is far too much for a club of our size when he misses over a third of a season every year.
Good post
Old 18-09-2019, 06:16 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
PVA will be pleased when Sakho is back to his best, covers up how poor PVA is.
Old 18-09-2019, 06:31 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
I don’t mind he is not a top 4 player. I don’t even mind why (injuries / concentration / whatever).

I do mind we paid a top 4 price and (when the contract was signed) top 4 wages.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 18-09-2019, 06:43 AM

aashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalow View Post
Agreed. He looks short on pace too.
We really must try and sign a young, promising and fast CB in January.
Such as? The weed paid over 20m for 1 that we scored 5 goals against.
Old 18-09-2019, 06:43 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
I think fans worry too much about wages and transfer fees. It is out of our control. We should just merit the player on their performances. I think we are a better team with him in the side. He is one of the best centre backs Ive seen at Palace since ‘95 (season ticket from ‘99)

Craig Moore, Gonzalo Sorondo and James Tomkins are the only ones that get close. (Scott Dann in his prime also)
Old 18-09-2019, 06:45 AM

aashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
What is good about him ( distribution / athleticism ) is as good as any defender I've seen at Palace. What's bad about him ( like you say, at least one glaring error per match ) plus his massive wages, makes him a 50 / 50 proposition for me, too. I'd rather have two James Tomkins than one JT ( shudder -same initials as John Terry ) and Sakho in the center of defence, especially when you consider Sakho's huge wages that could have been utilized in more vital areas.

I hoped ( and wrote ) over the summer that my dream would be to shed Sahko and Benteke instead of AWB, with Sahko still being a quality player but costing way too much for the number of games and overall performances. Of course, we do look so much better establishing attacks with him in the team -that is undeniable -but overall, I'd be fine to have him off the books in January or the summer and with £25M+ coming in. I think Sakho's a financial luxury and an occasional liability for a team with far more pressing issues in midfield and attack and whose Zaha fee may not go nearly as far as some might think. As for now, I'm glad Sakho's back in contention but that's nothing compared to how much we need performances from our other two massive wage earners at the club and I'm not even sure a Tomkins / Cahill partnership wouldn't be my preferred choice, injuries permitting.
We'd never get 25m for him.. 10m max
Old 18-09-2019, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Andy Thorn and Eric Young have to be up there. In my time it would be Thorn and Sakho as top 2 CB's.
Coleman was decent too,
Old 18-09-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Has anyone mentioned he is crap in the air? Not a good trait for a center back.
Was just going to bring this up, hardly ever wins a header.
Old 18-09-2019, 07:15 AM
Block U

Happy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Walks into the best ever palace 11. I say walks, assuming he's not injured.
Old 18-09-2019, 08:02 AM

stevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
Add Andy Thorn and Eric Young.
And Billy Gilbert
Old 18-09-2019, 08:03 AM

old traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
It isn't just the spurs match but that highlighted something that I have noticed. Generally at least once a match he makes an error so obvious so outstandingly bad that you can only gasp. The rest of the time he is pretty good. however although he gets away with the error a lot of the time - the gift to the opposition forward is blasted over or someone else slides in with a last minute tackle there are significant numbers of occasions where he does not and the other side get an easy goal.

It is why he does not play for a top six team and also why, despite the tendency of people on here to think he is wonderful, he is still with us and there have been precious few rumours that he is going anywhere else.

I'm not saying he is rubbish I am just saying I don't think he is the savior a lot of people seem to think.
ALL defenders make at least one mess up a game , on the plus side, Sakho is our best defender, and probably mid/field player at starting attacks
Old 18-09-2019, 08:09 AM

old traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath eagle View Post
Not even close
Who then?
Old 18-09-2019, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
Add Andy Thorn and Eric Young.
I have seen them all. none were in Sakho's class, good as they were, also bare in mind that the standard of players is far fat greater now than in the days of Stephenson and Young etc.