Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Which one of our precious darlings will don the glove first?
Schlupp 10 8.55%
PVA 71 60.68%
Ayeh 23 19.66%
Gary Cahil 0 0%
Another millionaire concerned with chilly fingers once a week 13 11.11%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-09-2019, 12:12 PM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Realised my oversight. Could a mod add Kouyate to the options?
Old 27-09-2019, 12:28 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old Selhurst Celtic has already caved.
Old 27-09-2019, 01:03 PM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
Last season the ignorant old bore who sits behind me started yapping about Wan-Bissaka being a "pussy" for wearing gloves.

When I pointed out that Sakho, Luka and Kouyate were also wearing gloves, I invited him to join me in the Players Lounge where he could directly relay this observation to those fine-standing gentlemen. "Hey Mama, Luka, you're a pair of pussies for wearing gloves in November." Naturally he declined.

And obviously he was wearing his own hat, scarf and gloves, with a nose redder than a Catholic priest's.
Old 27-09-2019, 02:05 PM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
Last season the ignorant old bore who sits behind me started yapping about Wan-Bissaka being a "pussy" for wearing gloves.

When I pointed out that Sakho, Luka and Kouyate were also wearing gloves, I invited him to join me in the Players Lounge where he could directly relay this observation to those fine-standing gentlemen. "Hey Mama, Luka, you're a pair of pussies for wearing gloves in November." Naturally he declined.

And obviously he was wearing his own hat, scarf and gloves, with a nose redder than a Catholic priest's.
He's not playing football and running up to 12ks in two hours. And getting up to 100k a week for it too
Old 27-09-2019, 02:15 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
If you tolerate gloves, then a scarf will be next.
Old 27-09-2019, 02:20 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
No mention of Ward, or Luka, or McArthur, or McCarthy, or Meyer. Just the one white player in the poll.

Interesting.
Id of removed Pva too as with the African players you can totally sympathise them feeling the cold. A work mate is from Ghana( now a Palace fan too ) and he literally hates the weather say November onwards . I wind him up telling him January 1st is start of summer time .
Old 27-09-2019, 02:22 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
I'm astounded at this revelation that the more money you earn, the less cold your hands get.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 27-09-2019, 02:24 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
I'm astounded at this revelation that the more money you earn, the less cold your hands get.
Is this why you live in a warm climate?
Old 27-09-2019, 02:39 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Yes, if I'd have known the correlation between warm hands and a decent bank balance, I'd have saved my pennies and stayed in chilly old England.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 27-09-2019, 03:30 PM

cockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is here
Quote:
He's not playing football and running up to 12ks in two hours. And getting up to 100k a week for it too
Right right, bank balances make the environment warmer. You better let Greta know, she clearly has no idea.
Old 27-09-2019, 05:26 PM

Maybe, just maybe, they could accept having chilly fingers now and then, in exchange for the vast sums of money they receive. They are engaging in a high intensity aerobic sport (some more than others frankly. If they are that worried about chilly mitts, that betrays a weekness of character and self absorbion, and are weaker, and ultimately, lesser men for it.

Just the facts people.
Old 27-09-2019, 05:28 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Tough call. I’m gonna go for Guaita.
Old 27-09-2019, 05:56 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Maybe, just maybe, they could accept having chilly fingers now and then, in exchange for the vast sums of money they receive. They are engaging in a high intensity aerobic sport (some more than others frankly. If they are that worried about chilly mitts, that betrays a weekness of character and self absorbion, and are weaker, and ultimately, lesser men for it.

Just the facts people.

To be fair Stan I think this gives away more about yourself then you intended.
Old 27-09-2019, 06:04 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Perhaps a certain poster has a fetish for gloved men.

Must be embarrassing standing to attention for 90 minutes.
Old 27-09-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
To be fair Stan I think this gives away more about yourself then you intended.
If i were manager, i'd fine a player for wearing gloves, and if they didnt like it they could put in a transfer request. I'd soon separate the wheat from the chaff, and a tougher, better squad would emerge, blinking into the cool winter air.
Old 27-09-2019, 06:13 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Tough call. Im gonna go for Guaita.
Fair point. Lazy too, never seen him break sweat, and hardly ever runs more than 20 yards.

In fact has he ever even had a shot on goal?? His record is worse than Benteke's.

Still one good thing about him is apparently you pronounce his name Whiter
Old 27-09-2019, 06:18 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
On a serious note, a player I vaguely knew 2nd hand as a colleague of mine ended up managing him by default, suffered from cold feet.

He would absolutely boss games in League One from March to November and be useless all winter. It was a massive problem for him, he could've played Premier League football otherwise
Old 27-09-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Fair point. Lazy too, never seen him break sweat, and hardly ever runs more than 20 yards.

In fact has he ever even had a shot on goal?? His record is worse than Benteke's.

Still one good thing about him is apparently you pronounce his name Whiter
I'm conflicted there, as i dont think keepers should be in shirt-sleeves, yet this sits uneasily with the Glove Problem.
Old 27-09-2019, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
On a serious note, a player I vaguely knew 2nd hand as a colleague of mine ended up managing him by default, suffered from cold feet.

He would absolutely boss games in League One from March to November and be useless all winter. It was a massive problem for him, he could've played Premier League football otherwise
Should've sought employment somewhere like Spain or Turkey then the dope.
Old 27-09-2019, 06:25 PM

alexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
PVA without a doubt.