Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 04-10-2019, 08:55 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipungu View Post
I reckon he's a Russian sleeper agent.
Wrong thread and party ,you will be needing the Jeremy Corbyn red flag flying thread...
Old 04-10-2019, 10:50 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I'm pretty sure Cummings would agree with you on that.
Quite.

Cricket wanker.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:51 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
Wrong thread and party ,you will be needing the Jeremy Corbyn red flag flying thread...
How to show how out of touch with reality you are in one sentence...

(Not mine)

Cricket wanker.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:07 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipungu View Post
I reckon he's a Russian sleeper agent.
Always have too. Didn't he study there for a while too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 04-10-2019, 03:09 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
I first heard of Cummings when I watched Brexit: The Uncivil War where he was played by Benedict Cumberbatch. From what I've seen & heard about him since is that he's very clever and completely ruthless. I can't work out what his angle is though.
Whatever angle the Kremlin is to London!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 04-10-2019, 09:47 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Cummings might think he is clever but the johnson strategy has been so easily spotted so far including the sham new offer to the eu
Old 05-10-2019, 07:12 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
Cummings might think he is clever but the johnson strategy has been so easily spotted so far including the sham new offer to the eu
Yes despite all the adoration by the Tory right (are there any in the middle these days?) Johnson has not won anything at the moment under Cumming's advice. Lost every one of his votes in parliament, lost the Supreme court case, and now had his "offer" rejected by the EU. He said he would not send the letter under the Benn Act, and has now had to say he that will in writing in a Scottish court yesterday.

No 10 is still saying that we shall leave on the 31st of this month with or without a deal. He had Hungarian officials in a cabinet meeting yesterday, but earlier this year Hungary said they would keep solid with the other 26 member states, having their own priority fish to fry with Brussels. In June this year, Hungary stayed solid on the last extension, and nothing has changed since. Another disappointment is looming for Johnson. I wonder how many more failures and misjudgements from Cummings is Johnson going to take. His so called "genius" gloss has long gone now.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:50 AM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Cummings is too notorious in a weak government already. Someone like Alastair Campbell can hold on for years in a strong government but Cummings is tarnished now. No doubt he'll enjoy his own downfall.
Old 08-10-2019, 03:02 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
We must be getting closer to the day when this bastard gets taken out to the garden at No 10 and shot.
Old 08-10-2019, 03:07 PM

Stan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What is it about Cummings that causes such hatred? I dont see it myself. Seems like a bright bloke to me.
Old 08-10-2019, 03:08 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
This is how he got close to government - saving Gove’s skin twice

As a special adviser at education] Cummings governed through conflict. Chris Lockwood, then of the N0 10 Policy Unit, remembers him as being “awkward, abrupt, arrogant, aggressive, chronically late. He’d change a meeting [time], he wouldn’t turn up.” And yet his position in the department was unassailable, for a simple reason: Gove considered himself to be in Cummings’s lasting debt. “I could never disavow Dominic,” Gove once told a friend, “I owe him everything” ..

In May 2009, the MPs’ expenses scandal broke, and nearly claimed Michael Gove. He had claimed on expenses £7,000 for redecorating a house, having spent thousands on high-end interior design. In Gove’s mind, he hung on because of Cummings, “who put together a strategy for him not having to resign”, says someone who knows them. Gove paid back the money, apologised, and survived.

A year later Cummings rescued him again. With the coalition government two months old and austerity imminent, Gove’s education department repeatedly published an incorrect list of schools whose building projects would be scrapped. “It was a big issue, and it looked like Michael would have to resign – we were all floundering around hopelessly,” says a member of the department. Cummings, in exile at the time, was parachuted in. He “banged heads together”, produced the right list, and started to play the media more successfully.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 08-10-2019, 03:10 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
What is it about Cummings that causes such hatred? I dont see it myself. Seems like a bright bloke to me.
Thrives on chaos, doesn't give a shit about people or consequences, as long as he 'wins'. And I can't help thinking that he is the beneficiary of other's stupidity rather than his own superior competence.

Last edited by Stellavista; 08-10-2019 at 03:13 PM.
Old 08-10-2019, 03:15 PM

Stan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Thrives on chaos, doesn't give a shit about people or consequences, as long as he 'wins'.
Provide evidence of this. Cos i keep seeing people smearing the guy, calling him 'dangerous' and every blue word under the sun, but haven't seen anything that would back that up. He's decisive and forthright, and no doubt a very tricky bugger. That's par for the course in his profession, especially if you're going to be any good at it.

People in his job tend not to be particularly pleasant people and being ruthless is sometimes exactly what's required. It's the cut and thrust of politics. They're all big boys and girls. They bought the tickets, they knew what they were getting themselves into. I say, let them crash...
Old 08-10-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
This is how he got close to government - saving Gove’s skin twice

As a special adviser at education] Cummings governed through conflict. Chris Lockwood, then of the N0 10 Policy Unit, remembers him as being “awkward, abrupt, arrogant, aggressive, chronically late. He’d change a meeting [time], he wouldn’t turn up.” And yet his position in the department was unassailable, for a simple reason: Gove considered himself to be in Cummings’s lasting debt. “I could never disavow Dominic,” Gove once told a friend, “I owe him everything” ..

In May 2009, the MPs’ expenses scandal broke, and nearly claimed Michael Gove. He had claimed on expenses £7,000 for redecorating a house, having spent thousands on high-end interior design. In Gove’s mind, he hung on because of Cummings, “who put together a strategy for him not having to resign”, says someone who knows them. Gove paid back the money, apologised, and survived.

A year later Cummings rescued him again. With the coalition government two months old and austerity imminent, Gove’s education department repeatedly published an incorrect list of schools whose building projects would be scrapped. “It was a big issue, and it looked like Michael would have to resign – we were all floundering around hopelessly,” says a member of the department. Cummings, in exile at the time, was parachuted in. He “banged heads together”, produced the right list, and started to play the media more successfully.

So he's good at his job then? The bastard!
Old 08-10-2019, 03:17 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thrives on chaos, doesn't give a shit about people or consequences, as long as he 'wins'. And I can't help thinking that he is the beneficiary of other's stupidity rather than his own superior competence.
Yeah, most of the passionate hatred I see directed towards Cummings doesn't come from the left or even hardcore remainers, it's from Tories who want their party to be seen as a safe pair of hands for big business to represent their interests.

The fact that Cummings is happy to represent only a small fraction of BB (hedge funds and speculators) and risk the very existence of a whole heap of British companies to achieve a specific Brexit goal and cement Boris' grip on power makes him their direct enemy in a similar way to Blair/Mandelson/Campbell were to the Labour left and Corbyn is now to the right.

Werner Herzog
Old 08-10-2019, 03:18 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Provide evidence of this. Cos i keep seeing people smearing the guy, calling him 'dangerous' and every blue word under the sun, but haven't seen anything that would back that up. He's decisive and forthright, and no doubt a very tricky bugger. That's par for the course in his profession, especially if you're going to be any good at it.

People in his job tend not to be particularly pleasant people and being ruthless is sometimes exactly what's required. It's the cut and thrust of politics. They're all big boys and girls. They bought the tickets, they knew what they were getting themselves into. I say, let them crash...
Read widely, do you, Stan?
Old 08-10-2019, 03:21 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
This is worth a watch for anyone interested in how he presents his own methods.

Werner Herzog

Quote:
I do alright. Both Beano and Dandy. Good to keep abreast.
Got any nuts?

Quote:
Victor, Valiant, and Warlord.

Cricket wanker.
Old 08-10-2019, 03:24 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
So he's good at his job then? The bastard!
He is very good at misinformation, spinning and lying without any consideration or concern for your average person so therefore is vital to this current administration.

Hopefully that answers your question as to why he is so hated.

The guy is a nasty horrible devious ****.