Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-10-2019, 01:28 PM

mjw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Almost every pundit is picking west ham to win tomorrow. Come on Palace let’s stick it to them !!
Old 04-10-2019, 01:31 PM

JackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Do think his movement has been a lot better this season.
Yes I agree - he's perfected those runs to hide behind three defenders at the far post and avoid missing a chance
Old 04-10-2019, 01:56 PM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Salako really is a complete and utter knob.
What for? Saying what’s true?
Old 04-10-2019, 02:30 PM

eastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bit shocked to see Salako being dissed. Always a favourite of mine. What's the hate about (apart from the current comments)?
Old 04-10-2019, 02:31 PM

Pierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Salako may well be right however it's a poor quote from a fellow professional. There is no point in anyone at the club 'hanging' one of Palace's most expensive purchases. As Roy shrewdly & wisely keeps on supporting Benteke whatever is said about him.
At somepoint either CB will start scoring or Parish will finally lose patience and write him off completely.
Personally I cannot wait until the January window as we will surely have to bring another striker in either as a purchase or on loan.
Then as far as I see it Benteke only has until the end of this season to sort himself out before he is either sold or given away!
Old 04-10-2019, 02:35 PM

costello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
It’s a very simple choice. Townsend for Luka and push Schlupp inside which went ever so well at Spurs or bring McCarthy in for Luka and leave the rest of the team unchanged.

i might be surprised, but I think I know what the boss is going to do.
I hope not. We played Schlupp in a more central role against Spurs and it was a disaster. We need fast, combative players in wide positions because we play so narrow. Really hope it's Kouyate and McCarthy holding with Schlupp and Macca playing wide.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:50 PM

Krise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastend eagle View Post
Bit shocked to see Salako being dissed. Always a favourite of mine. What's the hate about (apart from the current comments)?
Here's the full Salako article in TalkSport: To view the link you have to Register or Login

I think Salako did the right thing. I believe it's very hard for the money men at Palace to accept the reality; that a lot of money has been wasted regarding the Benteke to Palace deal. They are therefore still tempted to extend his contract while not facing up to the final 'Benteke account', still hoping that things will somehow change in the long term, thereby not taking full responsibility for the 'problem'.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:03 PM

Braders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastend eagle View Post
Same here.

On the face of it, the criticism of Benteke is justified.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:15 PM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braders View Post
Same here.

On the face of it, the criticism of Benteke is justified.
Should've slotted the Wolves chance. It feels like the final row before dumpage.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:46 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Totally agree with Johnny. Every criticism he has raised there has been said time and time again on these boards. The problem isn’t so much that he’s lost form or confidence, it’s the fact he appears not to be busting a gut to work his way out of it. Can’t speak for the training ground but people talk and I’m sure Salako still has contacts at the club, so for him to say, “I’ve been saying for the last couple of years he needs to get to the training ground, put his head down, and work his socks off’, makes you wonder if he isn’t actually doing that.

All the other match game stuff he mentions like making runs to the front post and being more physical are exactly the stuff many of us have been questioning why it’s not happening.

Benteke’s not a kid and he’s on 100k for Christ Sakes! He needs to be doing so much more and I’m not even talking about goals.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 04-10-2019, 03:48 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'm sure his mother is delightful, and his brother.
But Salako is a knob.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:53 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
There ya go.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:35 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle View Post
Salako is only repeating what we are all saying, that Benteke's return has been shocking and we need to replace him, because he doesn't deserve another contract.
Yep, fair comment. Hodgson being too precious there.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:50 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Yep, fair comment. Hodgson being too precious there.
Hodgson really has no time for the press or media, according to the journos I spoke to when I went to a palace press conference a year ago. Can’t say I blame him really.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:00 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Hodgson really has no time for the press or media, according to the journos I spoke to when I went to a palace press conference a year ago. Can’t say I blame him really.
He's never courted journalists for attention or used the media to play games.

They are but a necessary evil for him, he does the contractual minimum and says as little as possible. Given the stick he has taken in the media, it's not hard to understand his attitude.

Has plenty of time and respect for genuine fans however.

I am a Roy fan, have been for a while. Without meaning to be twee or sanctimonious its always preferable to have an honourable man in charge, not a Pulis. I also like that he's local.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:04 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
This in spades ^
Old 04-10-2019, 05:29 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
I thought he was annoyed at Salako - ie as an ex pro - rather than the media per se.

I suppose he has to defend Benteke but not sure Salako did anything wrong.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:26 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I thought he was annoyed at Salako - ie as an ex pro - rather than the media per se.

I suppose he has to defend Benteke but not sure Salako did anything wrong.
He wasn’t actually aware of what Salako had said or that he had said anything but expressed disappointment at any pro/ex-pro that criticises a fellow pro without full access to the details. TBH he must be sick of the same old topics. I do think his apparent grumpiness in some of these sessions is ‘learned behaviour’ from PR Training. A control mechanism.

Last edited by Martin H; 04-10-2019 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:42 PM
Certified Grumpy

T.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Salako really is a complete and utter knob.
Personal prejudices should not interfere with an accurate and perspicuous view
Old 04-10-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
He wasn’t actually aware of what Salako had said or that he had said anything but expressed disappointment at any pro/ex-pro that criticises a fellow pro without full access to the details. TBH he must be sick of the same old topics. I do think his apparent grumpiness in some of these sessions is ‘learned behviour’ from PR Training. A control mechanism.
Yeah, you’re probably right. The quality of questioning is very poor.

Salako is paid to have an opinion and what he said was reasonable. But I can imagine why it would irk Hodgson given he has to publicly back Benteke. Not a lot he can say in response really.