Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:45 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I thought he was annoyed at Salako - ie as an ex pro - rather than the media per se.

I suppose he has to defend Benteke but not sure Salako did anything wrong.
It was a skilful deflection. That Benteke is an impotent striker and Salako a classless loudmouth are both indesputable facts, Hodgson just managed to move the topic of converstation towards the latter.

Werner Herzog
Old 04-10-2019, 06:57 PM

Gollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A room full of journalists and no-one asked Roy who would be captain tomorrow......
Old 04-10-2019, 06:57 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yep, fair comment. Hodgson being too precious there.
Think there is more to the palace and salako relationship than meets the eye. Salako might have been fairly close to the mark now but has been a bit of a twat in recent years.

I can’t actually remember what was said but salako was my favourite player as a kid so I remember quite clearly being disappointed with some of the stuff he was saying.

Mainly not long after he left/was asked to leave palace as a coach he said a few things that were a bit shitty, actually stupid if I remember. Couldn’t resist a chance to pile in on Parish if he could either.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:58 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yeah, you’re probably right. The quality of questioning is very poor.

Salako is paid to have an opinion and what he said was reasonable. But I can imagine why it would irk Hodgson given he has to publicly back Benteke. Not a lot he can say in response really.
Re Salako, I would agree that the points he was raising were mostly fair enough and TBF he said he felt sorry for him, but the language wasn’t as considered as his points. Or maybe it was calculated and deliberately provocative, because that way he gets headlines.

As I said above, none of that shaped Roy’s response because he wasn’t even aware of it. So his response was to the journo’s reference of criticism of CB by JS.

CB is in a difficult spot and as we all know, the longer it goes on, the worse it gets. I am surprised that CB has discounted help with his ‘head’. That wouldn’t be a sign of weakness, it would be a strength but I wonder if he fails to see it that way.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:35 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
A room full of journalists and no-one asked Roy who would be captain tomorrow......
Sports journalists don’t dig that deep.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:39 PM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Salako really is a complete and utter knob.
Not, to my knowledge, been done driving 89mph in a 40m street though.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:40 PM

palace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
It’s a very simple choice. Townsend for Luka and push Schlupp inside which went ever so well at Spurs or bring McCarthy in for Luka and leave the rest of the team unchanged.

i might be surprised, but I think I know what the boss is going to do.

Having been the last two seasons to West Ham away then my major observation was that when we took the game to them we did create opportunities. Went 1 - 0 up last season and then let them boss the game the second half.

I would do the opposite. Start with Meyer in the middle and Kouyate and McArthur either side with Townsend or Schlupp one wing and Wilf the other.

Then if we can go one up, match their substitutions second half this time (which Roy didn't do until way too late) and bring on McCarthy then and Schlupp or Townsend whomever doesn't start.

And for the record, Salako is Palace Legend and I guess still cares for the club despite being turfed out. It is time for Benteke to make those runs or leave without a new contract or club interested in him.

Old 04-10-2019, 07:40 PM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post

Still believe Benteke will come good.
Got some cracking magic beans for sale if you've got a spare cow.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:05 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
Not, to my knowledge, been done driving 89mph in a 40m street though.

Wow...that's a short street. Must have some motor to get up to 89!
Old 04-10-2019, 08:05 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastend eagle View Post
Bit shocked to see Salako being dissed. Always a favourite of mine. What's the hate about (apart from the current comments)?
Probably coz he cares too as he’s a proper palace fan and yes if you’re a fan you can still disagree with things.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:12 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Re Salako, I would agree that the points he was raising were mostly fair enough and TBF he said he felt sorry for him, but the language wasn’t as considered as his points. Or maybe it was calculated and deliberately provocative, because that way he gets headlines.

As I said above, none of that shaped Roy’s response because he wasn’t even aware of it. So his response was to the journo’s reference of criticism of CB by JS.

CB is in a difficult spot and as we all know, the longer it goes on, the worse it gets. I am surprised that CB has discounted help with his ‘head’. That wouldn’t be a sign of weakness, it would be a strength but I wonder if he fails to see it that way.
Benteke should take advantage of any help he can get - including psychologically. He looks broken. Salako’s comments weren’t helpful but you can see why commentators would pull Benteke up on his catastrophic drop in form. Two and a half years of dross sadly.

Hodgson probably just wishes he had a quality striker or two so he wouldn’t have to even pick benteke on the bench. I seriously doubt any manager would pick benteke at the moment if they had a normal selection of strikers.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:40 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Then as far as I see it Benteke only has until the end of this season to sort himself out before he is either sold or given away!
If he gets to the end of the season he certainly won't be sold, as he'll be out of contract
Old 04-10-2019, 09:14 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hart View Post
If he gets to the end of the season he certainly won't be sold, as he'll be out of contract
Except there are rumours he is being offered a further contract. There are three possibilities:-

1. He is being given a much reduced terms contract possibly with some kind of pay as you play deal and probably kind break terms if anyone comes in for him, in the hope that someone will be mug enough to come in for him at good money and the club will recoup something.

2. Palace are playing the mugs game of chasing their losses in the hope of making their money back .

3. The rumour is completely untrue and he has not been offered a new contract

I hope it is 1 if he is actually being offered a new deal.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 04-10-2019, 09:17 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
He's never courted journalists for attention or used the media to play games.

They are but a necessary evil for him, he does the contractual minimum and says as little as possible. Given the stick he has taken in the media, it's not hard to understand his attitude.

Has plenty of time and respect for genuine fans however.

I am a Roy fan, have been for a while. Without meaning to be twee or sanctimonious its always preferable to have an honourable man in charge, not a Pulis. I also like that he's local.
And a fellow eagle to boot
Old 04-10-2019, 10:01 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
As a boy I loved Salad and he’s probably true in what he’s said but I can’t help but think the things he’s saying are to further his career in the media rather than for the good of the club. Everyone and their wife knows that CB hasn’t performed to the level he should but why does he (a former club player/legend) need to come out in the media and announce it. For what good will it do for the club that made him. He’s doing it to line his pockets with air time IMHO.
Old 05-10-2019, 02:01 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Wow...that's a short street. Must have some motor to get up to 89!
Quite easy to do 89 in a 40,in any decent car these days
Old 05-10-2019, 02:04 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
But Salako is a knob.
Maybe, but you can't disagree with pretty much everything in that article
Old 05-10-2019, 06:31 AM

Salako is not a knob, he is a good bloke, and a genuine Palace fan.

Benteke is a truly woeful footballer, who was recently caught doing 89mph in a 40m area, after having been caught speeding previously. He is delusional enough to think he would still play for Liverpool. He is a selfish prick who snatched a penalty from his teammate and blew points for the team.

If anyone wants to bet whether Benteke will be a regular at Selhurst, and genuine Palace fan, like Salako, in the coming years, then my PMs are open. Paypal accepted.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:36 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Still believe Benteke will come good.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:38 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
But Salako is a knob.
Why ?

Telling the truth about a truly woeful and shot to bits footballer isn’t being a knob