Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 07-10-2019, 01:04 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
So are you suggesting that the environment in which you are educated, and in which you spend much of your formative years, is irrelevant in determining the sort of person you end up being?
No, I'm not.

But in assessing whether or not a Prime Minister is a good Prime Minister I find it all completely irrelevant and speculative. Would Johnson be a better man if he had gone to Kingsdale comp? And why should what he did 40 years ago matter ?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 07-10-2019, 01:18 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
No, I'm not.

But in assessing whether or not a Prime Minister is a good Prime Minister I find it all completely irrelevant and speculative. Would Johnson be a better man if he had gone to Kingsdale comp? And why should what he did 40 years ago matter ?
While I can see why you want to distance where someone was educated from who they are, the mere fact that these men have been educated in the same place given them a disproportionately greater chance of becoming PM by virtue of where they were educated, you cannot separate them. Johnson's manner, arrogance, dismissal of being shown as being wrong and childish insults (using sexist insults as well as thinking calling someone a coward will mean they do as he wants them to do) all go to show a sort of private school playground antics and no real understanding (or worse, care) of what damage he is doing to the whole country
Old 07-10-2019, 01:53 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
No, I'm not.
Good. So you agree it does matter.

I'm pleased we see eye to eye on this.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:55 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
While I can see why you want to distance where someone was educated from who they are, the mere fact that these men have been educated in the same place given them a disproportionately greater chance of becoming PM by virtue of where they were educated, you cannot separate them. Johnson's manner, arrogance, dismissal of being shown as being wrong and childish insults (using sexist insults as well as thinking calling someone a coward will mean they do as he wants them to do) all go to show a sort of private school playground antics and no real understanding (or worse, care) of what damage he is doing to the whole country
He's been bought up with a sense of entitlement and superiority that borders on sociopathic. A large part of that will be his schooling.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:56 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
He's been bought up with a sense of entitlement and superiority that borders on sociopathic. A large part of that will be his schooling.
I agree.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:57 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Are we talking about Boris Johnson? or Maz?
Old 07-10-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Are we saying potato or are we saying potaato?
Old 07-10-2019, 02:06 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
They way it’s going it won’t be long before it turns to anyone who went to a public school, then private school, then grammar, then church, and so on.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:22 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
So are you suggesting that the environment in which you are educated, and in which you spend much of your formative years, is irrelevant in determining the sort of person you end up being? That doesn't sound very likely to me. Of course it's not purely down to that, but obviously it would have a massive influence.
Said environment is all male, from a singular segment of society, ruthlessly pushes a sense of superiority while closing down emotional sensibility and is a 24/7 night and day programme. Of course it has a massive influence.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:26 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
They way itís going it wonít be long before it turns to anyone who went to a public school, then private school, then grammar, then church, and so on.
What would feel about a PM who lived in an all male Islamic Madrassa for five years from the age of 13-18, being indoctrinated into the ways not of the Empire of Great Britain but the Empire of Mohammed?
Old 07-10-2019, 02:27 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
What would feel about a PM who lived in an all male Islamic Madrassa for five years from the age of 13-18, being indoctrinated into the ways not of the Empire of Great Britain but the Empire of Mohammed?
Iím sure Kolinkins would make a fine prime minister.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:30 PM

I boarded at a minor Public School for 3 and 1/2 years, the academic education was largely good and the sport outstanding.

Naturally, being somewhat of a rebel, I was eventually expelled.

I note the effect it had on my emotional development. I also note the effect it had on the mindset and mentality of my fellow pupils, who I observed change as they moved along the production line.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Iím sure Kolinkins would make a fine prime minister.
Certainly more trustworthy than the present incumbent
Old 07-10-2019, 02:40 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Is Eton all boys, still?
Old 07-10-2019, 02:43 PM

Vicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
As much as Boris Johnson is a turd. I don't think you can paint poor Rory Stewart with that particular brush. If you look at his what he did before politics and check out any interview with him you'll see that he couldn't be any more different to Boris. He apologises when he's wrong for starters.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:55 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Johnson's manner, arrogance, dismissal of being shown as being wrong and childish insults (using sexist insults as well as thinking calling someone a coward will mean they do as he wants them to do) all go to show a sort of private school playground antics and no real understanding (or worse, care) of what damage he is doing to the whole country
And that's exactly the kind of myopic thinking I was posting about. Thank you, my friend.

So a bad man who went to a public school is a bad man because of his schooling.

And are good men who went to the same school good because of their schooling? If no, why not? And if yes, how can you hold these antithetical views,?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 07-10-2019, 03:57 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
They way itís going it wonít be long before it turns to anyone who went to a public school, then private school, then grammar, then church, and so on.

There are a few private school posters on this thread, deliciously complaining about Eton.

I am not one, and nor am I complaining.

Nor do I think that what these posters did forty or fifty years ago (and not out of choice) is at all relevant to what they may want to say today.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 07-10-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
And that's exactly the kind of myopic thinking I was posting about. Thank you, my friend.

So a bad man who went to a public school is a bad man because of his schooling.

And are good men who went to the same school good because of their schooling? If no, why not? And if yes, how can you hold these antithetical views,?
I think the difference in thinking is that my view is based on men who went to Eton and then entered politics rather than all men who went to Eton.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:01 PM

nicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Are his brothers sociopaths as well though?
Old 07-10-2019, 04:14 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
I think the difference in thinking is that my view is based on men who went to Eton and then entered politics rather than all men who went to Eton.
So Tam Dalyell, scourge of Tory governments (and indeed Tony Blair's war cabinet) was only showing [I quote you] 'a sort of private school playground antics and no real understanding (or worse, care) of what damage he is doing to the whole country' ?

All politicians who went to Eton are to be condemned for what they did in their teenage years? (I guess it gives the unpoleasant ones a great out ; they can just say 'it's not me, it was Eton'. Lazy stereotyping ; remember how you used to hate that?)

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ