Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MOTM v West Ham
Guaita 186 33.27%
Ward 5 0.89%
Cahill 131 23.43%
Kelly 21 3.76%
Van Aanholt 40 7.16%
Kouyaté 19 3.40%
Schlupp 5 0.89%
McCarthy* 19 3.40%
McArthur 78 13.95%
Ayew ** 35 6.26%
Zaha 13 2.33%
Townsend * 1 0.18%
Benteke ** 6 1.07%
Voters: 559. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2019, 09:48 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Nice to have a game where no one played poorly. I hate to be the one to say it but I thought our midfield was better without Luka(his form has been poor this season) and at times we totally dominated the center of the park. We ended the game with 49% possession and the same shots as WHU, which is very good considering how good WHU are. As I thought it would, VAR is hurting the big teams more as I doubt the assistant ref would have flagged a MC of Liverpool goal offside like he did for Ayew, it has evened out the playing field a little.

Guiata 8 - a wonderful performance and great to see we have a goalkeeper we can rely on.
Ward 7 - very tough afternoon marking Andersen, but on the whole did well.
PvA - 7 - very surprised to see him take the penalty, but what a good one. Also a very good defensive stop later on.
Kelly 8 - another solid performance, he gets better every game. Got the assist for the winner.
Cahill 8 - so calm and assurred, make a difference to the whole team.
McArthur 9 - MoM. Broke up so many WHU moves, was all over the pitch.
McCarthy 7 - First start in a PL game for a couple of years but was very solid in the middle of the field, took a shot from midfield, something we haven't been doing for a while. Looks like another transfer bargain.
Kouyate 8 - Seemed to be on a mission today, another good performance from him.
Shlupp 7 - maybe not as good as the other 3 in midfield but still put in a shift.
Wilf 8 - starting to look world class again at times, if he could only start scoring again.
Ayew 8 - worked hard again and deserved his goal

Subs Townsend 7 - came on for the second week and made a telling contribution.
Benteke 6 - came on and put himself about.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:52 PM
Stark Raving Normal

Bangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Enjoyed the whole experience, my first away game in a while. Some great craft beer places around Hackney Wick, and a nice atmosphere. No need to stop selling beer at half time in the stadium though. Regrets if I've veered off topic. Had an awful week and today was the tonic. Guiata for me.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:07 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
What a great day it has been.

It was a good performance and I would have been happy with a draw but winning is even better. Guaita made some great saves in the first half I'm naming MOTM. The midfeild were very good. I think we could have done better with the West Ham goal but having not seen it again maybe I'm being harsh. I had my doubts when I saw PVA was going to take the penalty but thankfully I got that wrong. When the winning goal was disallowed I was not surprised and it was a very strange experience waiting before the referee then made the signal that the goal was given.

I think when I look back on the season next May this will be one of the best days if not the best.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:21 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Probably been mentioned before but why does PVA do the cross arms thing when he celebrates?

I believe it is a reference to Black Panther. They do something similar to that pose in the film as a kind of sign of unity.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 05-10-2019, 10:24 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Said with about 10 to go that Ayew works really hard but isn’t in the right places to really affect the game. Glad he proved that wrong.

Spend more time in the penalty area please Jordan.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:49 PM

Palace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Guiata - Excellent, could argue he could’ve done better with their goal. But that really would be nitpicking, he made some great saves.

Ward - Contained Anderson excellently. Picked his moment for a professional foul well as well. Took a yellow for the team.

Kelly - Keeping Tomkins out of the team, who’d have said that last year!? Got a great partnership with Cahill, if only there was a formation that wins football matches where we could play 5 centre backs!

Cahill - Been a brilliant signing, again, keeping Tomkins and Sakho out of the team. Captain so soon into his Palace career too.

van Aanholt - One of his best performances in a Palace shirt, which means he’ll be awful next game! He should stay on set pieces in the next game without a doubt.

McCarthur - Played the holding role and done it brilliantly. Passing and even a bit of dribbling out of tight situations, loved it.

McCarthy - Looked knackered by the end, but did some great stuff and a lot of the unseen dirty work.

Kouyate - played more attacking than I expected, was a good ‘out ball’. And put the pressure on.

Zaha - Gotta love him! I hope he stays at Palace forever!

Schlupp - More direct than Townsend which is why I’d say he’s in the side. Could argue that he was the man to close down the cross for the goal.

Ayew - Proved his worth in the first team again, great hold up play and a goal to cap it off. Benteke doesn’t have a look into the side at all.

Not really a bad word to say about anyone in that game. Massive team work from everyone.

Hodgson’s in game management is far better this season as well. I’ve said it before but I think that’s mainly down to the fact we’ve got a better squad than last season. I only worry if Ward gets an injury at some point, we have no replacement in the seniors or the u23s, apart from Kelly, but we’ve all seen him at full back.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:00 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace43 View Post
Kelly - Keeping Tomkins out of the team, who’d have said that last year!? Got a great partnership with Cahill, if only there was a formation that wins football matches where we could play 5 centre backs!
We would have to re-sign currently between clubs Tony Pulis to work up that approach.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:01 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hart View Post
I don't normally vote in the poll, but I made an exception today to vote for him.

He is such an unsung hero because he goes about his business quietly, winning the ball, and then giving it to someone else to do the eye-catching stuff. But you would have had difficulty today keeping up with the number of attacks he broke up, and then always finding a Palace player to lay it off to. And whenever one of our players was being pressured in possession, you could almost guarantee he would show up quickly to offer himself for a pass, and then lay it off. He was excellent today
good to hear and well done Jimmy Mac - don't doubt he doesn't deserve the praise, I just didn't notice him today
Old 05-10-2019, 11:04 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
I believe it is a reference to Black Panther. They do something similar to that pose in the film as a kind of sign of unity.

I think it’s something to do with slaves currently being sold in Africa.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:05 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
MacArthur seemed to have more time and composure on the ball than usual

What a great value signing he has been for the club
Old 05-10-2019, 11:06 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-10-2019, 11:07 PM

JackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
didn't notice Jimmy Mac - sure he did have a good game, just didn't really notice him at any point
Wow. MoM for me. Swept everything up in front of the defence. Superb game
Old 05-10-2019, 11:15 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great Team Performance. MOTM between Guaita and Cahill.

Thought a draw would of been a fair result overall but we have to take the glory here when we faltered against Wolves.

The 1st Half we were excellent in possession and movement off the ball but didn't create a massive amount but neither did West Ham.

2nd Half the Penalty changed it and we got stronger as the game went on. Lovely Penalty from PVA very calm into the bottom corner.

14 points up and 26 to go before we can target other possible finishing places!

5 tough games to come let's see how well we can outperform a great start to this run of games!

Last edited by SussexRed&Blue; 05-10-2019 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:18 PM

doogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great performance. Thought we dominated the midfield. McCarthy was very good
Old 05-10-2019, 11:19 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
I've been very impressed by Jimmy this season. I will admit to thinking he was waning a bit last season - maybe retiring from international football has helped or maybe I was just wrong. I liked him in that role today and think there is a genuine argument that Luka shouldn't go straight back in.

It's only 8 games in of course, so can't think about POTY at this stage. But Guiata, Kelly, Cahill, Jimmy and Ayew have been the pick of the season so far for me.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:29 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogleboy View Post
Great performance. Thought we dominated the midfield. McCarthy was very good
Can't agree with that. We were on top in midfield for periods but they certainly were too. They created more chances than us, particularly in the first half too.

Our midfield certainly held its own which is a very good sign against a good team. But we certainly didn't dominate.

The result could have gone either way today. A moment of brain-freeze from Rice and the tightest of off-side calls... the margins were literally incrediblybfine today (and often are). We should be very pleased with the way the team played though and particularly their mentality.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:36 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Was MacArthur playing slightly more deep today? Seemed to be effective.
Thought that too
Old 05-10-2019, 11:43 PM

davo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Guiata 8 - solid
Ward 7 - made a couple of mistakes but very good otherwise
PvA - 7 - poor first half but really made up for it for the last 20 minutes
Kelly 8 - he looks so confident now, I'm very impressed
Cahill 9 - MOM brilliant summer signing
McArthur 9 - best player in the first half. Such a quality player
McCarthy 7 - if he can stay fit he is another great summer, tired a bit so right he was taken off
Kouyate 7 - worked his socks off. Thought he tried a bit too hard and made some rushed mistakes
Shlupp 7 - looks electric, fades in the second half and seems to run out of ideas but good overall
Wilf 8 - still love watching him on the ball
Ayew 8 - really deserves his number one striker position, worked so hard

Townsend 7 - good contribution for the goal
Benteke 6

Roy - really has the team working for him. Im impressed we have won games late on this season a couple of times now so well done Roy for getting the belief together.
4th place is incredible. Puts us in a good position for the first priority of staying up.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:50 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Could only watch the first half,don't ask. But for me Vincente his reflexes are incredible.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:53 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davo View Post
Guiata 8 - solid
Ward 7 - made a couple of mistakes but very good otherwise
PvA - 7 - poor first half but really made up for it for the last 20 minutes
Kelly 8 - he looks so confident now, I'm very impressed
Cahill 9 - MOM brilliant summer signing
McArthur 9 - best player in the first half. Such a quality player
McCarthy 7 - if he can stay fit he is another great summer, tired a bit so right he was taken off
Kouyate 7 - worked his socks off. Thought he tried a bit too hard and made some rushed mistakes
Shlupp 7 - looks electric, fades in the second half and seems to run out of ideas but good overall
Wilf 8 - still love watching him on the ball
Ayew 8 - really deserves his number one striker position, worked so hard

Townsend 7 - good contribution for the goal
Benteke 6

Roy - really has the team working for him. Im impressed we have won games late on this season a couple of times now so well done Roy for getting the belief together.
4th place is incredible. Puts us in a good position for the first priority of staying up.
It's Guaita

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.