Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MOTM v West Ham
Guaita 186 33.27%
Ward 5 0.89%
Cahill 131 23.43%
Kelly 21 3.76%
Van Aanholt 40 7.16%
Kouyaté 19 3.40%
Schlupp 5 0.89%
McCarthy* 19 3.40%
McArthur 78 13.95%
Ayew ** 35 6.26%
Zaha 13 2.33%
Townsend * 1 0.18%
Benteke ** 6 1.07%
Voters: 559. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2019, 11:54 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I've been very impressed by Jimmy this season. I will admit to thinking he was waning a bit last season - maybe retiring from international football has helped or maybe I was just wrong. I liked him in that role today and think there is a genuine argument that Luka shouldn't go straight back in.

It's only 8 games in of course, so can't think about POTY at this stage. But Guiata, Kelly, Cahill, Jimmy and Ayew have been the pick of the season so far for me.
It's Guaita

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:55 PM

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Was MacArthur playing slightly more deep today? Seemed to be effective.
It's McArthur

Old 05-10-2019, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Away View Post
I thought MacArthur was excellent vs Norwich but was even better tonight.
It's McArthur

Old 05-10-2019, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace43 View Post
Guiata - Excellent, could argue he could’ve done better with their goal. But that really would be nitpicking, he made some great saves.

Ward - Contained Anderson excellently. Picked his moment for a professional foul well as well. Took a yellow for the team.

Kelly - Keeping Tomkins out of the team, who’d have said that last year!? Got a great partnership with Cahill, if only there was a formation that wins football matches where we could play 5 centre backs!

Cahill - Been a brilliant signing, again, keeping Tomkins and Sakho out of the team. Captain so soon into his Palace career too.

van Aanholt - One of his best performances in a Palace shirt, which means he’ll be awful next game! He should stay on set pieces in the next game without a doubt.

McCarthur - Played the holding role and done it brilliantly. Passing and even a bit of dribbling out of tight situations, loved it.

McCarthy - Looked knackered by the end, but did some great stuff and a lot of the unseen dirty work.

Kouyate - played more attacking than I expected, was a good ‘out ball’. And put the pressure on.

Zaha - Gotta love him! I hope he stays at Palace forever!

Schlupp - More direct than Townsend which is why I’d say he’s in the side. Could argue that he was the man to close down the cross for the goal.

Ayew - Proved his worth in the first team again, great hold up play and a goal to cap it off. Benteke doesn’t have a look into the side at all.

Not really a bad word to say about anyone in that game. Massive team work from everyone.

Hodgson’s in game management is far better this season as well. I’ve said it before but I think that’s mainly down to the fact we’ve got a better squad than last season. I only worry if Ward gets an injury at some point, we have no replacement in the seniors or the u23s, apart from Kelly, but we’ve all seen him at full back.
It's Guaita and it's McArthur

Old 06-10-2019, 12:00 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
It was a very good solid performance ( a typical RH Palace performance ) . No bad performances and some very good ones . My only concern is we do not create many clear chances and Ayew was isolated for long periods . 14 points from 8 games is dreamland for us especially with such difficult matches to come .

Guaita 7 Not over tested but 2 critical stops , looks so confident now
Ward 7 Model pro and another steady performance kept Anderson fairly quiet
PVA 7 Yes some passes are loose but we should appreciate his abilities more
Cahill 8 Just hope he stays fit - wish he was 5 years younger
Kelly 7 Nothing fancy but he is so improved at centr back - Sakho will struggle to get back in
Zaha 8 Thought he worked so hard today and was our main offensive threat
McArthur 7 Did the Luka roll well and is always there when needed
McCarthy 6 For his first start thought he did well
Kouyate 6 Lacks finesse but did his job today
Schlupp 6 Nothing spectacular but on whole a disciplined game
Ayew 7 Isolated for long periods got his reward for crucial goal

Benteke n/a
Townsend 7 Assist for goal

We are relying on defence at moment but there will come a time when we need something different - hope we can get another forward and wide man with pace in January - probably loans though .
If we can get those loans in we’d be even more dangerous on the counter .
Old 06-10-2019, 12:03 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post

Calm down stinkey

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 06-10-2019, 12:34 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's Guaita
Yeah, you are right. But I'm not really bothered.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:41 AM

kyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We never lost FAITH
Old 06-10-2019, 02:32 AM

Palace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
You sad sad man.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:44 AM
Vikings Fan

Jaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jordan Var-yew!!!
Old 06-10-2019, 03:15 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Only watching on tablet so no ratings possible, but overall I thought it was a really good away performance, rather typical one from Palace as it happens.

The point blank save from Guaita was fantastic, and Cahill and Kelly once again looked really solid. I also thought PVA had his best game for ages, and his penalty was really well taken.

Ayew played like a proper centre forward, hassling their defence, pretty strong on the ball, and a great striker's (poacher's) goal.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:04 AM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Guaita for me, but Mcarthur was excellent in the luka quarter back role.

Wasn't so impressed with Mcarthy, not sure we need three similar players in midfield and ck has the bonus of extra height, would rather see some extra creativity in there.

Cahill as the left sided centre half is undroppable, as he exudes calmness and its no coincidence that PVA has improved with him there. Kelly is the man in possession next to him, but Tomkins is waiting. Sackho seems further down the list.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:10 AM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We didn't seem to particularly miss Mikuvojevic, even when we won a penalty.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:31 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 View Post
Guaita for me, but Mcarthur was excellent in the luka quarter back role.

Wasn't so impressed with Mcarthy, not sure we need three similar players in midfield and ck has the bonus of extra height, would rather see some extra creativity in there.

Cahill as the left sided centre half is undroppable, as he exudes calmness and its no coincidence that PVA has improved with him there. Kelly is the man in possession next to him, but Tomkins is waiting. Sackho seems further down the list.
Faded second half but thought McCarthy was very good. All battling but quite a few driving runs and passes through the lines when gaps showed. Considering it’s years since he’s had a run of starts I thought he did well. The three kept control of the midfield for huge parts of that game and that’s not easy against this West Ham side.

Luka was better against Norwich but hasn’t been at his best this season. Jimmy and kouyate both ahead of him so far and now McCarthy showing such promise there really is a spot up for grabs. Next five fixtures it has to be 3 from those 4.

After that maybe we see more attacking in Camarasa or Meyer but I’m not convinced we will, especially if we keep winning. We control most of most of our games
Old 06-10-2019, 07:32 AM

CpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
who do you think was MOM? Gayita, maccarffer or von arnhilt? how about cayhill?
Old 06-10-2019, 07:39 AM

CpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Faded second half but thought McCarthy was very good. All battling but quite a few driving runs and passes through the lines when gaps showed. Considering it’s years since he’s had a run of starts I thought he did well. The three kept control of the midfield for huge parts of that game and that’s not easy against this West Ham side.

Luka was better against Norwich but hasn’t been at his best this season. Jimmy and kouyate both ahead of him so far and now McCarthy showing such promise there really is a spot up for grabs. Next five fixtures it has to be 3 from those 4.

After that maybe we see more attacking in Camarasa or Meyer but I’m not convinced we will, especially if we keep winning. We control most of most of our games
i agree, mcarthy was excellent, i think luka will have to up his game to keep his spot. our midfield depth is ridiculous! we've come a long way since jedi,kg and o'keefe as back up!
Old 06-10-2019, 07:45 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CpfcLoz View Post
i agree, mcarthy was excellent, i think luka will have to up his game to keep his spot. our midfield depth is ridiculous! we've come a long way since jedi,kg and o'keefe as back up!
Stick castagne and bats in that squad we’re not far away from something very decent

Or equivalent of course
Old 06-10-2019, 08:06 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CpfcLoz View Post
who do you think was MOM? Gayita, maccarffer or von arnhilt? how about cayhill?

Imagine that line up with someone like Bolaise in the team...
Old 06-10-2019, 08:10 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Imagine that line up with someone like Bolaise in the team...
With a young Kenny Samson
Old 06-10-2019, 08:15 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Wonder what AWB is making of it all...

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel