Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 05-10-2019, 09:55 PM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Glastonbury 2020

Glastonbury Festival's 50th anniversary event will be held at Pilton Farm from Wednesday, June 24 to Monday, June 28.

Some coach and entry tickets have already sold (out) - general admission tickets go on sale tomorrow morning, Sunday 6th October at 09:00.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 05-10-2019, 10:26 PM
wasteman

Ov. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Planning my holiday back home around this. 30+ of us tried for coach tickets and not a sniff of the booking page. Praying to all the Gods we have more luck tonight. Not arsed about who plays, there’s always something weird and wonderful going on at Glastonbury. We must be due a headliner soon though.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:00 AM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
There were a few more coach package tickets this year on on the early sale than last year, however they are still a very small number compared to the majority of the tickets which go on sale on the Sunday.

In other words, you've missed out on a very small percentage of tickets which are almost impossible to get anyway - so tomorrow (or tonight for you or whatever ) you should be fine for at least SOME success
Old 06-10-2019, 08:29 AM
Loosefish Scapegrace

Got 4 tickets just now, email confirmation through - sorted!
Old 06-10-2019, 08:41 AM
wasteman

Ov. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I couldn't even get on to Seetickets, luckily someone else in the group got through, and everyone I wanted to get tickets got them. Very happy.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:38 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
I didn't get a sniff of the booking page but luckily got tickets through someone else in my group. Lots of people I know weren't so lucky though.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:11 PM
Loosefish Scapegrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ov. View Post
I couldn't even get on to Seetickets, luckily someone else in the group got through, and everyone I wanted to get tickets got them. Very happy.
Good news!
Old 06-10-2019, 06:12 PM
Loosefish Scapegrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
I didn't get a sniff of the booking page but luckily got tickets through someone else in my group. Lots of people I know weren't so lucky though.
Well played. Sounds like we might have to have a Palace meet up
Old 07-10-2019, 06:00 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Well done Howard. If you've got it sussed can you help me on resale day pls? I got nowhere, same as last year.
Old 08-10-2019, 01:44 AM
Loosefish Scapegrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
Well done Howard. If you've got it sussed can you help me on resale day pls? I got nowhere, same as last year.
Ah shame Yeah I'd be glad to try and help.

The way I got through was on a bastard fast windows laptop, using Chrome, with a decent BT broadband connection. I was refreshing the screen from about 08:50 and got the 'fill in your details' screen about 09:10. I filled in all the details (registration ids, postcodes and payment details etc.) and submitted them but it timed out, so I did a refresh and it said, "Do you want to resubmit the form contents" or whatever - so I of course clicked, 'Yes' and got about 2 more timeouts before I got the magic, "booking confirmed" screen.

I was also trying on an Android PAD with a VPN that popped out in Iceland - no good, and I tried on my Android Phone using 4G and couldn't even connect to the site, so I connected to WiFi and VPN'd to Brazil and then France and got nothing from either of them.

We also had 4 more people trying at the same time, one of whom got the 'fill in the details' screen at one point on an iMAC Safari but after his timed out and I don't think he got the 'resubmit form' option.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:23 AM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Ah shame Yeah I'd be glad to try and help.

The way I got through was on a bastard fast windows laptop, using Chrome, with a decent BT broadband connection. I was refreshing the screen from about 08:50 and got the 'fill in your details' screen about 09:10. I filled in all the details (registration ids, postcodes and payment details etc.) and submitted them but it timed out, so I did a refresh and it said, "Do you want to resubmit the form contents" or whatever - so I of course clicked, 'Yes' and got about 2 more timeouts before I got the magic, "booking confirmed" screen.

I was also trying on an Android PAD with a VPN that popped out in Iceland - no good, and I tried on my Android Phone using 4G and couldn't even connect to the site, so I connected to WiFi and VPN'd to Brazil and then France and got nothing from either of them.

We also had 4 more people trying at the same time, one of whom got the 'fill in the details' screen at one point on an iMAC Safari but after his timed out and I don't think he got the 'resubmit form' option.

F***in hell, sounds like getting into Glastonbury necessities a substantial IT project these days.

Itís a long way from sending in a cheque for £8.50 afterseeing a small ad in the NME in 1979, or bunging a rogue group of litter pickers ten quid for help over the fence in the mid-nineties.

Still, youíre in eh. Happy days!
Old 08-10-2019, 06:13 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Totally forgot to pre register! oops.

SaulAlinsky
Old 08-10-2019, 08:05 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Aaargh shit is there literally no chance of getting a ticket now?

Last time I went (mid 90's) I paid some dodgy northerner £30 in the pub for a wristband.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:39 AM

Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I just parked up and stumbled through the woods the first time I went. Fortunately went back to the car to sleep as they came round removing vehicles in the morning.
Old 08-10-2019, 09:16 AM

Webb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for you
My other half works for WaterAid and volunteered at Glastonbury this year. As one of the sponsors, they have various volunteers doing work at the festival (loo cleaners, litter picking etc), doing three shifts of approx six hours each over the course of the festival at various times day and night. In return, you get an entry ticket, but it might not be an option for those who want to see as much as possible, but she loved it.

Could be an option for those who have missed out in the ballot, however they are obviously pretty strict on people that sign up and then just disapper into the crowd without working.

Old 08-10-2019, 11:49 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Thanks Howard, beer coming your way next home game. I have been looking at volunteering for Oxfam. Water Aid could be good too, but I'm not cleaning bogs.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:01 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
I volunteered with Shelter last year and did three eight hour bar shifts. Obviously not as good as being there as a punter but was a good laugh.

You can register on their website to be notified when the applications open.
Old 13-10-2019, 08:06 PM
Loosefish Scapegrace

3 x 8 hours is the generally accepted currency for working for a free ticket. You could be stewarding a car park, watching an external or internal gate, etc. then there is toilet stuff, litter picking, working in the bars, etc.

As I understand it most people expect you to pay for the ticket upfront and you get the money back upon completion of your shifts. I would think that you also get 'crew camping' which in theory may well have more camping space and better bogs etc.