Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-10-2019, 10:27 PM

MrImpossible : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrImpossible : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrImpossible : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrImpossible : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrImpossible : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrImpossible : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrImpossible : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrImpossible : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrImpossible : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrImpossible : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrImpossible : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Lapsed Fan

Hello All

I was formerly a season ticket holder at Selhurst, had to give it up the season we were promoted as I relocated for work up North for the long-term.

Having originally tried to keep in touch with the team, I think Premier League football and seeing Selhurst now selling out when I fondly remembered grim sub-10k attendances on cold midweek nights in the Championship made me feel the club didn't really need me clinging on.. I now follow Rochdale and have a season ticket there. All the grim memories and then some catered for.

I was curious about a few things if you don't mind-

- Has the stadium improved since the promotion season?
- Did that documentary on the promotion season ever get released?
- Has Coppell ever returned in any capacity?
- Has the ownership changed?
- For those who followed the club during the seemingly endless years in the Championship, does it still feel like the same club?

I am really pleased for the club and I know I am breaking the cardinal rule of football, but I want my sons to support a local team (in the same way my dad did me, despite not being a Palace Fan) so Palace are a thing of the past for me... but I still do keep an eye out every Saturday for the scores.
Old 15-10-2019, 10:37 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Thanks to all the tv money things really have totally changed since your days. There's now dyson hand-dryers in the bogs and the seats even have numbers on them. Pure luxury.
Old 15-10-2019, 11:45 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
it does not feel like the same club, the vibe (for want of a better word) is not the same as those magical years amongst the support after 2010 - it's more apathetic than ever at Selhurst, the matchday experience has lost it's bite, energy and passion.

When we first got promoted we were the underdogs, fighting for everything, proving a point, loud and proud. We're now a bit meh.
Old 15-10-2019, 11:45 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
...oh yeah and Arthur is still shite
Old 16-10-2019, 12:44 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrImpossible View Post
Hello All

I was formerly a season ticket holder at Selhurst, had to give it up the season we were promoted as I relocated for work up North for the long-term.

Having originally tried to keep in touch with the team, I think Premier League football and seeing Selhurst now selling out when I fondly remembered grim sub-10k attendances on cold midweek nights in the Championship made me feel the club didn't really need me clinging on.. I now follow Rochdale and have a season ticket there. All the grim memories and then some catered for.

I was curious about a few things if you don't mind-

- Has the stadium improved since the promotion season?
- Has Coppell ever returned in any capacity?
- Has the ownership changed?
- For those who followed the club during the seemingly endless years in the Championship, does it still feel like the same club?

I am really pleased for the club and I know I am breaking the cardinal rule of football, but I want my sons to support a local team (in the same way my dad did me, despite not being a Palace Fan) so Palace are a thing of the past for me... but I still do keep an eye out every Saturday for the scores.
Two questions, if you don't mind?

1. So despite the fact we have fans who drive down from Scotland on matchdays and you've decided never to drive far less distance even once in the last seven years, you want us to go out of our way to bring you up to speed on a club you've basically turned your back on and encouraged your children not to support?

2. If the above is true, why would you even care to hear about any information that any of us would even bother to pass onto you?

3. Are you really for real or just trolling?

No offense. I'm seriously confused by your post. Just doesn't add up to me.
Old 16-10-2019, 01:44 AM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You’ve moved up north, not to the moon ?
Old 16-10-2019, 05:39 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
‘Palace are a thing of the past for me’........

You were never Palace then
Old 16-10-2019, 05:41 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
People still like to play "Im a better fan than you"

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 16-10-2019, 05:48 AM

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
People still like to play "Im a better fan than you"
He’s not a fan
Old 16-10-2019, 06:12 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 View Post
You’ve moved up north, not to the moon ?
Everyone has different priorities, especially when it comes to finances. Can totally understand wanting to take your kids to the local club over a long round trip and the inherent costs, particularly if the children are young. However I could never turn my back on the club I supported and even had a ST for. Would at least try and get to the games when they played locally or the odd game back at Selhurst.
Old 16-10-2019, 06:12 AM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Two questions, if you don't mind?

1. So despite the fact we have fans who drive down from Scotland on matchdays and you've decided never to drive far less distance even once in the last seven years, you want us to go out of our way to bring you up to speed on a club you've basically turned your back on and encouraged your children not to support?

2. If the above is true, why would you even care to hear about any information that any of us would even bother to pass onto you?

3. Are you really for real or just trolling?

No offense. I'm seriously confused by your post. Just doesn't add up to me.
Have to agree, the "lapsed" part is confusing.

I left London/the UK back in 2013 (same time as OP left to go up north -just as we were promoted) - yet each year since i still try to get back for 3 or 4 games a season (will be at Selhurst this Saturday)

Of course I can understand missing the week to week football interaction and hence becoming a season ticket holder of a club locally for sons to follow a local team, totally get that (i follow a local lower league team over here) - but I cant imagine giving up supporting/following the team I grew up with locally just because of moving away.

Could be worse though, Op could of become a Moan U supporter
Old 16-10-2019, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjas Headband View Post
Everyone has different priorities, especially when it comes to finances. Can totally understand wanting to take your kids to the local club over a long round trip and the inherent costs, particularly if the children are young. However I could never turn my back on the club I supported and even had a ST for. Would at least try and get to the games when they played locally or the odd game back at Selhurst.
Exactly this

Ive had my time following the team round the country and now have different priorities at weekends. I’ll get to the games I can.

But Saturdays (or Sunday’s) still mean the same to me now as they did then. More so to a degree.

I go and watch my local non league team a fair bit but could never go and ‘support’ another team.

Palace or nowt
Old 16-10-2019, 06:26 AM
Old member.

Shipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We moved up to Uttoxeter in Staffordshire the same year and we still have season tickets, but if I didn’t work on the railway I doubt we’d be able to afford the travel down for each match.

Saying that, I’m quite surprised that you don’t even know that Stevie is now in charge of the stadium catering and the sweet shop located in the Whitehorse end...Stevies Sweets.. is proper awesome.
Old 16-10-2019, 06:32 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Has the stadium improved since the promotion season?
Only superficially, the redevelopment of SP still feels a long way off.

No. From memory, Steve Parish said the production was not up to scratch. Hopefully it will see the light one day.

- Has Coppell ever returned in any capacity? No, although in a recent interview he said that he still goes to SP purely as a supporter. He's not interested in doing the VIP meet and greet type jobs clubs offer to ex players/ managers.THE

- Has the ownership changed? Yes. Majority owners are Americans although Parish is still the Chairman and runs the club on day to day issues. The sale was disappointing as I feel the club had something pretty unique in the Premier League, being owned by a group of supporters. Selling out to the Americans hasn't really bought in the finances originally claimed to develop the ground as the main US OWNERS now want to sell up to make a profit on their investment.

- For those who followed the club during the seemingly endless years in the Championship, does it still feel like the same club? Personally no as I can get to fewer games in the Premier and sit with fewer friends as many no longer go as they can't get tickets or refuse to pay the increased prices. I have to admit that I currently feel a little disenfranchised from the club.

* Surprised that you have had to ask some of these questions as anyone with a passing interest in the club would either know or be able to quickly find out the answer.

Last edited by Ninjas Headband; 16-10-2019 at 06:43 AM.
Old 16-10-2019, 06:36 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Exactly this

Ive had my time following the team round the country and now have different priorities at weekends. I’ll get to the games I can.

But Saturdays (or Sunday’s) still mean the same to me now as they did then. More so to a degree.

I go and watch my local non league team a fair bit but could never go and ‘support’ another team.

Palace or nowt
Yeah I go and watch non-profit league football if I have a spare Saturday and can't get to Selhurst for a game. Hope to get to Bromley on Sunday to see the Ladies play.
Old 16-10-2019, 06:38 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipsisourking View Post
We moved up to Uttoxeter in Staffordshire the same year and we still have season tickets, but if I didn’t work on the railway I doubt we’d be able to afford the travel down for each match.

Saying that, I’m quite surprised that you don’t even know that Stevie is now in charge of the stadium catering and the sweet shop located in the Whitehorse end...Stevies Sweets.. is proper awesome.
Not as good as Speroni's sherbet stall!
Old 16-10-2019, 07:10 AM

MrImpossible : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrImpossible : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrImpossible : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrImpossible : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrImpossible : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrImpossible : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrImpossible : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrImpossible : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrImpossible : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrImpossible : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrImpossible : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks for replies- a couple made me chuckle.

As for those saying ‘You were never a fan’- for goodness sake grow up would you? It doesn’t matter a bit to me if you think I was ever a fan. I don’t claim to be a fan now (though since promotion and would be the first to leave should relegation occur.

I notice Worksop Palace who says I was never a fan joined this forum the month of Palace’s first month back in the Premier League. How is this forum compared to Arsenal’s mate?

Thanks to those who did give me some useful replies.
Old 16-10-2019, 07:23 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
No
No
No
Yes
No
Old 16-10-2019, 07:25 AM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Exactly this

Palace or nowt
Echo this
I'd never be able to just "walk away" from Palace. If Palace had folded in 2010 or (1999)I would have probably just focused my time on football coaching etc. I'm not a fan of the way the game has gone, but almost every event/milestone of my life and primarily my youth has some association with Palace and to just switch off wouldn't be an option.

I may not be able to attend every game, my away days are few and far between but that doesn't mean I care any less about the club. My schedule is pretty intense, I could come off a 50 hour week and the one time I have to myself is when Palace play and however bad the quality is, it has always provided a welcome distraction.
Old 16-10-2019, 07:31 AM

HOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I gave up my season ticket last year because of travel cost etc .my wife is a villa fan so I occasionally go
However I don't think I can support another team in the same way as palace and try to get to a few away games
Football has changed everywhere since the seventies as indeed has everything so you can't look back
I live in Gloucester and if Gloucester city ever return (planned for next year currently playing at Evesham I might be tempted to buy a season ticket but that's purely because of my age prospect of having a drink in my local pub an hour before the game and getting in at 2.55pm on a Saturday ��