Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-10-2019, 07:42 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrImpossible View Post
Thanks for replies- a couple made me chuckle.

As for those saying ‘You were never a fan’- for goodness sake grow up would you? It doesn’t matter a bit to me if you think I was ever a fan. I don’t claim to be a fan now (though since promotion and would be the first to leave should relegation occur.

I notice Worksop Palace who says I was never a fan joined this forum the month of Palace’s first month back in the Premier League. How is this forum compared to Arsenal’s mate?

Thanks to those who did give me some useful replies.
I bet you're a shit Rochdale fan as well.
Old 16-10-2019, 07:50 AM

Twiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't understand the lapsed bit either... it's either in your blood or not. I have been in Moscow for a few years now, I keep in touch with what's going on through the bbs and by watching every game via the internet. I still get anxious, excited, disappointed and angry but could never lapse...it doesn't compute.

I can't believe it's not trolling...)))

Last edited by Twiggy; 16-10-2019 at 08:00 AM.
Old 16-10-2019, 08:15 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
- Has the stadium improved since the promotion season? Not really
- Did that documentary on the promotion season ever get released? No
- Has Coppell ever returned in any capacity? Don't think so
- Has the ownership changed? Mostly
- For those who followed the club during the seemingly endless years in the Championship, does it still feel like the same club? Some ways yes some ways no
Old 16-10-2019, 08:35 AM

rhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's only football
Old 16-10-2019, 08:40 AM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannapaul View Post
It's only football
After what happened at Brentford yesterday it's more than that.
Old 16-10-2019, 08:42 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD View Post
After what happened at Brentford yesterday it's more than that.
You win some, you lose some, and sometimes you lose and draw one
Old 16-10-2019, 08:46 AM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
You win some, you lose some, and sometimes you lose and draw one
That's if we turned up at all.
Old 16-10-2019, 09:08 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thanks for replies- a couple made me chuckle.

As for those saying ‘You were never a fan’- for goodness sake grow up would you? It doesn’t matter a bit to me if you think I was ever a fan. I don’t claim to be a fan now (though since promotion and would be the first to leave should relegation occur.

I notice Worksop Palace who says I was never a fan joined this forum the month of Palace’s first month back in the Premier League. How is this forum compared to Arsenal’s mate?

Thanks to those who did give me some useful replies.
I’m not sure ones longevity on the BBS is an indicator of ones fandom, as you’re clearly evidencing

You daft lad
Old 16-10-2019, 09:10 AM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Two questions, if you don't mind?

1. So despite the fact we have fans who drive down from Scotland on matchdays and you've decided never to drive far less distance even once in the last seven years, you want us to go out of our way to bring you up to speed on a club you've basically turned your back on and encouraged your children not to support?

2. If the above is true, why would you even care to hear about any information that any of us would even bother to pass onto you?

3. Are you really for real or just trolling?

No offense. I'm seriously confused by your post. Just doesn't add up to me.
Evidently not, since you seem not only to like being obnoxious to a newbie but also unable to count up to three.
Old 16-10-2019, 09:22 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
I think if you take away the sniping along the lines of 'well you weren't much of a fan', then the last question in particular is quite an interesting one worthy of discussion.

Obviously the people on here, logging on at 10 in the morning during what is an international break FFS (!) are the hardcore, most avid fans. If Hodgson farted during a press conference, we'd be discussing it within minutes! (assuming the live feed was actually working!). So to many on here, who think about Palace during breakfast, lunch and dinner, 'walking away' from all interest in the club seems a bit alien!

Nevertheless one of the questions was “For those who followed the club during the seemingly endless years in the Championship, does it still feel like the same club?”

As I fit into the category of being able to answer that, I would say that following football, and Palace in particular obviously has changed over the years, but also that it always has changed.

Firstly, the ground. Well it’s had a heck of a lick of paint. Some call it ‘lipstick on a pig’ insofar as there are no new stands, but almost everything that was tatty and could be tarted up, has been. Cladding on the Main Stand, wooden seats replaced by shiny plastic ones, murals on the concourses, a ‘fanzone’ as a mechanism to get people here earlier (and sell them food and drink) in the car park. But ultimately the view of the pitch is identical, the big screen is in the same place, and the pitch is pristeen rather than a muddy mess.

The ownership may have changed, insofar as the Americans have bought a big chunk of the shares, however in reality, Steve Parish is driving things pretty much the same way – apart from a couple of signings (Benteke, Sakho) the transfer policy tries to be sustainable, we live within FFP, which fits well with Parish never wanting the club to get into financial mess again. And he still talks about his eventual legacy of improving the ground via replacing the Main Stand.

I think the biggest change for fans is as the question alludes to – is it the same club? Well almost all of the people who were going before promotion are still going so it feels the same from that perspective – I still see all my pals at games. Obviously the attendances are much higher – home league games are always sold out, or if not then we are talking a few terrible seats unsold at the back behind the pillars and the ruddy tv gantry.

I would like to think that for all the fans who were going year in, year out in the lean times, that they have a good seat. The season ticket prices have crept up over the years of course, however they are much cheaper than the ‘off the scale’ big London teams.

Matches constantly get moved for the benefit of tv – you can get as little as a month’s notice of when a game will actually be played, which can mean as a fan, if you want to go to all the games, you live with a diary permanenly full of pencilled in fixtures and lots of crossed out changes!

The away ticket price cap of £30 made a huge difference to fans who go away – for the first few years after promotion, ticket prices of £40+ to £55 were not uncommon just to buy an adult ticket in the away end, which was disgraceful really.

One of the upsides of being in the Premier League of course is the wall to wall coverage. It is easy to forget after a few years, however in the Championship, a midweek game on a “Champions League night” was like a media blackout! In the Prem, games are previewed and reviewed for days! Kids can buy the sticker album, it’s front page news online and all over the world. If you are abroad you can watch the game as it’ll be shown somewhere, and if not, there’ll be a stream online!

Of course, there is the ‘big club bias’. If you beat Man United, there’ll be loads of coverage, but all of it about what Man United did wrong, and nothing about what little ol’ Palace did right. And no doubt a few knee jerk “Should Man United sack their manager” debates on the radio phone ins!

I don’t think anybody really wants to go back to the wilderness of the Championship, and not just because of the financial disparity. I think the Palace fans as a whole are generally quite grounded. When Roy is pragmatic, we’re not chanting for him to be sacked. The football can’t always be pretty, first priority is always survival each season, and often it’s about grinding out a result. Dominance in a game is a luxury that few teams fans get to enjoy very often in a league where staying up is the only goal. If we’re winning we still think at the back of our minds that we’ll concede in the last minute!

There are numerous other clubs below Palace in the lower leagues who would love even just one season in the Premier League, to have a crack at it, to even just do a Huddersfield or Norwich and try to stay up for just one season.

So in the scheme of things, it is what it is, and on balance we are very lucky I’d say.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 16-10-2019, 09:37 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
- Has the stadium improved since the promotion season?
The old stand has had the corrugated removed and some kind of cladding put on. Think lipstick on a pig.
Otherwise much the same. Parish has applied for permission to replace it with a modern stand, lol.

- Did that documentary on the promotion season ever get released?
What?

- Has Coppell ever returned in any capacity?
I think he has a season ticket, no idea really, perhaps someone else knows.

- Has the ownership changed?
We have a group of yanks owning most of it but apparently they want to sell so forget any investment in a new stand.

- For those who followed the club during the seemingly endless years in the Championship, does it still feel like the same club?
I moved from the Whitehorse to the Homesdale on promotion and it seemed more exciting straight away. However that seemed to drop off year by year with the crowd becoming quieter. Last year sometimes not much atmosphere at all. However this year from where I am at least it seems much improved probably due to a resurgent HF.

Best of luck with Rochdale.
Old 16-10-2019, 10:01 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
People questioning the post should realize that not everyone is glued to their phone and the internet 24 hours a day and that some people just prefer to read the newspaper and watch the BBC
Old 16-10-2019, 10:38 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
He’s not a fan
Well, if you mean he's not constantly moaning about everything to do with the club, the management, the players, the stadium, the toilets, the way we play, the way we don't play, who we bought, who we haven't bought etc etc etc....then no, I guess he's not.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 16-10-2019, 10:40 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

1. So despite the fact we have fans who drive down from Scotland on matchdays and you've decided never to drive far less distance even once in the last seven years, you want us to go out of our way to bring you up to speed on a club you've basically turned your back on and encouraged your children not to support?

2. If the above is true, why would you even care to hear about any information that any of us would even bother to pass onto you?

AHEM

Quote:
I tend to try to skip the internecine vendettas going on here so never really get the clique threads. Thank God the international break is nearly over and we can all go back to sewing circle bitchiness over good old football again.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 16-10-2019, 10:47 AM

strawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I once owned a Rochdale goalkeeper's shirt signed by the team - possibly 2008/9 season.
That is all.
Old 16-10-2019, 10:51 AM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
AHEM
Darts!
Old 16-10-2019, 10:56 AM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:

You are concerned enough about going out your way answering their questions, that instead you go out of your way to ask different ones simply to have a pop at them?

Yet you think his post is confusing?
Old 16-10-2019, 11:16 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Don't really get the thread, we play up north several times a year. We're on TV every week. Live on tv 10/11 times a year.

You not been back in the area since you moved? A member of the BBS. All a bit odd.

I'd go an and watch Rochdale too, but I'd still be Palace. And our team is better than it probably ever has been.... People yearning for Calvin Andrew, etc need their bumps felt.
Old 16-10-2019, 11:20 AM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
If it's OK I'll ask a question.

How are Aaron Wilbraham and Calvin Andrew getting on?
Old 16-10-2019, 11:37 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
I don't understand the lapsed bit either... it's either in your blood or not. I have been in Moscow for a few years now, I keep in touch with what's going on through the bbs and by watching every game via the internet. I still get anxious, excited, disappointed and angry but could never lapse...it doesn't compute.

I can't believe it's not trolling...)))
You have seen when he joined and the post he made then? but easier to dismiss someone who is a bit not like you as a troll. Of course people can change - the fact that you and a lot of others do not, doesn't mean that all people are the same.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis