Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-10-2019, 11:55 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrImpossible View Post
Thanks for replies- a couple made me chuckle.

As for those saying ‘You were never a fan’- for goodness sake grow up would you? It doesn’t matter a bit to me if you think I was ever a fan. I don’t claim to be a fan now (though since promotion and would be the first to leave should relegation occur.

I notice Worksop Palace who says I was never a fan joined this forum the month of Palace’s first month back in the Premier League. How is this forum compared to Arsenal’s mate?

Thanks to those who did give me some useful replies.
I think it’s utterly ridiculous to use the date someone joins the BBS as an indicator of when they became a fan!

Most of us had been going for decades before the Internet, let alone the BBS ever existed. And many of us used to follow (though not necessarily post on) the CP-FRIS site when that started up.

2010-2012 was a turbulent period for Palace, when many joined websites to find out what was happening re the administration, and then stayed to chat about the promotion etc.

Anyway each to their own, but personally I’d see Palace a few times a year wherever I lived in England, even if it was away matches. And you can stream most matches whilst we’re in the Prem. No need to ‘lapse’ at all, if your heart is really in it.

I’ve a Palace friend working in China for a few years. He’s watching most matches on a live stream and returns twice a year. As soon as he knows his dates, friends and family help him buy tickets. It’s never been easier to keep up with the club.

I can understand adopting a local club as a ‘second’ club to occasionally pop along to and support. But only that. By contrast I know loads of northerners who have come down to London for work and absolutely none of them have ditched their boyhood club to support a London club instead.

A few bought cheap season tickets for a Wimbledon when they were in the top division, but that was 99% so they could see the fixture that included their own club.
Old 16-10-2019, 12:37 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hello All

I was formerly a season ticket holder at Selhurst, had to give it up the season we were promoted as I relocated for work up North for the long-term.

Having originally tried to keep in touch with the team, I think Premier League football and seeing Selhurst now selling out when I fondly remembered grim sub-10k attendances on cold midweek nights in the Championship made me feel the club didn't really need me clinging on.. I now follow Rochdale and have a season ticket there. All the grim memories and then some catered for.

I was curious about a few things if you don't mind-

- Has the stadium improved since the promotion season?

- Did that documentary on the promotion season ever get released?

- Has Coppell ever returned in any capacity?

- Has the ownership changed?

- For those who followed the club during the seemingly endless years in the Championship, does it still feel like the same club?

I am really pleased for the club and I know I am breaking the cardinal rule of football, but I want my sons to support a local team (in the same way my dad did me, despite not being a Palace Fan) so Palace are a thing of the past for me... but I still do keep an eye out every Saturday for the scores.

Bloody hell, how noble of you.

A superbly patronising post with a few sprinkles of snobbery throw in for good measure.

We’re doing alright thanks. Enjoy Rochdale.
Old 16-10-2019, 12:48 PM
Casual user

Catford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sorry, but if the OP is a troll, isn't he the sh!ttest one ever? A slightly confusing post asking for some easily available information - the only discord is amongst other posters climbing over each other to say why he's never been a Palace fan. He's either rubbish at trolling, or has taken it to a whole new level.
Old 16-10-2019, 12:53 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Well, each to their own way of thinking. I’ve been following Palace since I was a shade under 11 years old in 1974, our first season in Red & Blue coinciding, sadly, but ultimately in three joyous seasons in the Third tier, where so many happy memories and journeys happened, they are still amongst my favourite even after 45 years of solid home and away support.

When I was a small kid, my footballing idol was Gordon Banks, so my only previous outings to Selhurst Park where between 1970-1973 to either see Stoke or my Uncle’s team, West Ham, who had supported since a boy, you have to consider he was 66 in 1970!

So as far as being a lapsed supporter is concerned, I get it, because if you check the records, 1970-1975 were just about the most successful in Stoke’s entire history - but once I got the Palace bug, purely by accident, because 1974 was the time of power cuts and the first Sunday football, which lured me in, for the 10p admission via teamsheet on the old Whitehorse Lane End - complicated story, if you are still awake reading it?

Anyway lapsed Stoke fan? Not a ******* chance, I know the preferred route of support is via family or living near the ground, which I always have, but my Dad was a very casual minded man about any sport, but actually became just as an avid a Palace fan because of me, so that explodes another tradition!

As to the questions about the club, the ground has changed superficially, but I miss the days when opposition support were closer to the Holmesdale, that has changed the dynamic of our atmosphere, for the better in a security sense and obviously, far less confrontational, but it has lessened the experience for me.

The documentary never did get released and the fact that it is now fully six years on will make it about as relevant as the ‘Team of the 80’s’ documentary, which is choc full of memories for me too.

Sir Steve is a very reticent type of man, I’ve heard he is consulted from time, it’s very interesting though the dozens of players thst played under him that are currently coaching at a very high level - what an influence, but sadly, I feel he is a figure from our past, but one of the very best for all that.

The ownership has changed, but once again, it seems that Steve Parish pulls the strings around the club administration wise which is fine by me, having detested Bloye, Noades and the sheer stupidity surrounding Goldberg and Jordan, which basically took us back to where Noades came in 1981!

Unlike many, I trust Parish to deliver what he has outlined will happen, I think his record thus far backs him up far better than his predecessors.

Has the club changed? Of course, we had a bond that was formed between the fans, the owners and the players in those Championship years that was unique and dynamic, with hardly any dissenters.

Those days seem distant, but I will say this, after following Palace in the early 1980’s, when it was basically like following a park team at times - 18 months without an away win and I travelled to most of them too!

It’s not how Palace are now, 45 years ago or well into the future, it is my way of life, my reason to get out of bed and by the way I’m seriously ill at the moment, so even more of a driving force than of the other glorious things in my world.

Last edited by CP Satellite; 16-10-2019 at 01:12 PM.
Old 16-10-2019, 01:20 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
P.S. I couldn’t give a shit about Stoke or Rochdale for that matter, but one of my many friends who follow Palace was born and bred in Leigh, Greater Manchester and has been following Palace nearly as long as me, he is as northern as it gets, but loves Palace and has the same unbreakable faith ‘most’ of us will always have.
Old 16-10-2019, 01:58 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post
Bloody hell, how noble of you.

A superbly patronising post with a few sprinkles of snobbery throw in for good measure.

We’re doing alright thanks. Enjoy Rochdale.
Old 16-10-2019, 02:31 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
Evidently not, since you seem not only to like being obnoxious to a newbie but also unable to count up to three.
Well, I wrote it late at night so didn't go back and check for consistency after coming up with another question. I didn't think the pedantic police would come after me. Nothing obnoxious about my post, just pointing out the strange attitude of someone who would request information about a club he's turned his back on and discouraged his kids from supporting, which is the opposite behaviour of a fan who has any interest in a club. Don't believe he is newbie either. But thanks for the contribution.
Old 16-10-2019, 02:37 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
AHEM
You seem to have a hard time understanding the word 'vendetta' in your false conflation. I wrote a single post, that wasn't even nasty, about someone who displayed a contradictory attitude towards this club. As for citing my post on the 'vendetta' thread, weren't you the target? Not sure why you took such obvious offense to my post that you'd save it up waiting for a rainy day. Not sure why my comment was so noteworthy to you but ho hum...
Old 16-10-2019, 02:44 PM
N14 and not so proud...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
You are concerned enough about going out your way answering their questions, that instead you go out of your way to ask different ones simply to have a pop at them?

Yet you think his post is confusing?
I see you joined in as well. Strange because my reaction was considerably milder than others here who haven't been singled out. His attitude is contradictory, so I think I'm entitled to call it confusing and that's not really a 'pop.' Good choice of made up words though, because it gave you the chance to go out of your way to have a go at me for supposedly going out of my way to have a go at someone else. I also notice you didn't go out of your way to have a pop at other posters who were far more dismissive of the OP and flat out told him he's not a fan. Clearly you wanted to go after me. Anyway, you joined in with the little spate of bashing in a Johnny Come Lately kind of way, so well done I suppose...
Old 16-10-2019, 04:35 PM

Bungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This is a very weird thread
Old 16-10-2019, 04:57 PM

Kipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is here
You may also want to know that Russ uk from the bitcoin thread was never apprehended.

He evades justice to this day.
Old 16-10-2019, 05:20 PM

Joe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Lapsed, but wants to know about the club?? All very odd....
Old 16-10-2019, 05:40 PM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
It is not exactly hard to find out about the Club - Why ask the BBS ?

Don't mean to be rude to the OP, but I found his opening post, a bit odd.
Old 16-10-2019, 05:43 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle View Post
It is not exactly hard to find out about the Club - Why ask the BBS ?

Don't mean to be rude to the OP, but I found his opening post, a bit odd.
He thought we still played at The Nest.
Old 16-10-2019, 07:46 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.L View Post
Lapsed, but wants to know about the club?? All very odd....
I can see you're not a pro-lapsed fan man
Old 16-10-2019, 07:55 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hello All

I was formerly a season ticket holder at Selhurst, had to give it up the season we were promoted as I relocated for work up North for the long-term.

Having originally tried to keep in touch with the team, I think Premier League football and seeing Selhurst now selling out when I fondly remembered grim sub-10k attendances on cold midweek nights in the Championship made me feel the club didn't really need me clinging on.. I now follow Rochdale and have a season ticket there. All the grim memories and then some catered for.

- For those who followed the club during the seemingly endless years in the Championship, does it still feel like the same club?

I am really pleased for the club and I know I am breaking the cardinal rule of football, but I want my sons to support a local team (in the same way my dad did me, despite not being a Palace Fan) so Palace are a thing of the past for me... but I still do keep an eye out every Saturday for the scores.
What a TROLL....go and proLapse your arsehole you div!
Old 16-10-2019, 07:58 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hello All

Do hares come out about the corn?
Oh, is the water sweet and cool,
Gentle and brown, above the pool?
And laughs the immortal river still
Under the mill, under the mill?
Say, is there Beauty yet to find?
And Certainty? and Quiet kind?
Deep meadows yet, for to forget
The lies, and truths, and pain? . . . oh! yet
Stands the Church clock at ten to three?
And is there honey still for tea?
Old 16-10-2019, 08:04 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hello All

Palace are "a thing of the past" for you but you post this about Palace on the BBS.
Old 16-10-2019, 08:07 PM
Glad....All Over!

Quote:
Hello All

GOOGLE is your friend
Old 16-10-2019, 08:18 PM
Glad....All Over!

Is Selhurst still a grim old wreck
that true fans love and what the heck?
Are hot dogs sold..and burgers fried
That smell like someone has just died?
Still a queue for half time piss
At one nil up we're feeling bliss?
And two one down when going home
We know that Selhurst is our home
Whatever happens in our plans
We never lapse us Palace fans