Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 18-10-2019, 04:06 PM

sherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by aderuk1 View Post
This is the only game that ever gets mentioned with regards to WH, yes he played well that day, but overall he is below par for a keeper far to slow to react to anything.
CPFC 1 Southampton 0, December 2015. BBC again:

"Wayne Hennessey's stop to prevent the Republic of Ireland striker's low shot earning Southampton an injury-time equaliser was the Welshman's second outstanding save of the day - the first was an acrobatic reach to tip away the same player's goal-bound header when the match was goalless."

Don't get me wrong - I'd much rather Guaita was playing tomorrow. But let's try and give our players all the support we can......
Old 18-10-2019, 04:47 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braders View Post
Wickham appears to be done now. Shame.
Wickham has been done for a long time. Giving him a new contract even more ridiculous than Benteke
Old 18-10-2019, 04:55 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Been rumours for a couple of games.

Whilst i do not think there is the huge gulf between Guaita and Hennessey that many do, i agree that the attributes Guiata has over Wayne will be most useful in a game like tomorrow.
More like a chasm than a gulf.
Old 18-10-2019, 05:19 PM

Lee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Sakho injured?

Wickham injured?

Imagine my surprise. Getting to unbelievable levels now.
Why on earth did we renew Wickhamís contract? And as regards Sakho he has averaged just 18 games a season since 2007 and that is now dropping like a stone.
When you consider a medium size club like ours has to pay him £125k per week that equates to circa£360k per game. In my 50 years he may be one of the best centre backs weíve ever had but he is also the biggest waste of money.
I bet Parish rues the day he signed him every day of his life. No wonder Klopp got shot of him
Old 18-10-2019, 05:25 PM

Since 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If Guaita is out, this maybe an ideal game for him to miss. The reality is we aren't expected to win, Man City have been below their normal standards, so expect a backlash tomorrow. Chance for Hennessey to earn his money.
Old 18-10-2019, 05:51 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If Hennessy comes in and keeps a clean sheet against Man City then he will be the number one from then until form or injuries says different. Thatís got to count for something and if itís henno I expect him to have a good game and try and win that shirt back
Old 18-10-2019, 06:03 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherstonpalace View Post
CPFC 1 Southampton 0, December 2015. BBC again:

"Wayne Hennessey's stop to prevent the Republic of Ireland striker's low shot earning Southampton an injury-time equaliser was the Welshman's second outstanding save of the day - the first was an acrobatic reach to tip away the same player's goal-bound header when the match was goalless."

Don't get me wrong - I'd much rather Guaita was playing tomorrow. But let's try and give our players all the support we can......
So after 3 & a half seasons as first choice keeper, the only examples of good games you can find are from December 2015 & April 2017?
Old 18-10-2019, 06:36 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Hennesey showed marginal improvements after what was mainly a mediocre period with us. 2 match reports about where he played well. (
The Chelsea saves were nothing special ironically, but that was his best match for us with other parts of his game. I also assume that Benteke still gets the same backing because he played really well that day too...

Guaita has proved over the last year that he is vastly superior. He’s made many more match winning saves and nearly all his game is better apart from his left foot kicking.

He’ll be a huge miss, make no bones about it.
Old 18-10-2019, 06:39 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by averity View Post
If Hennessy comes in and keeps a clean sheet against Man City then he will be the number one from then until form or injuries says different. Thatís got to count for something and if itís henno I expect him to have a good game and try and win that shirt back
The only way Hennessey will keep the shirt is if Guaitaís injury is a broken back.
Old 18-10-2019, 08:42 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aderuk1 View Post
This is the only game that ever gets mentioned with regards to WH, yes he played well that day, but overall he is below par for a keeper far to slow to react to anything.
He has had a lot more good games than that Chelsea one. It is just the one that sticks out the most.

He had a number of good games at the start of last season which was his last run in the side.
Old 18-10-2019, 08:48 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Anyone remember the superb save to deny Crouch at Burnley last season?

The Great save to keep Lukaku's header out to keep a clean sheet at Old Trafford?

We would all prefer an in - form and superior Guaita to play but that doesn't mean Wayne is awful and it doesn't guarantee we will lose tomorrow. And if we do it doesn't necessarily mean it's Wayne's fault - although I expect some will probably point a finger his way.

Although let's be honest we are likely to regardless of what keeper we have.

I find it strange because we have had so many worse players than Hennessey. In terms of their abilty, in terms of their performances and in terms of their attitude. Why, during our longest spell in the top flight and a period of great success for the club to some fans always need to identify a scapegoat?

For a few years it was Wayne, then last season when he was dropped it became Ayew and then when he lost his place to Batshuyai it became PVA.

All three of them are decent players, all three of them have contributed to the club and all three of them have knuckled down and worked hard when out of the starting line-up.

I just don't get some of our fans.
Old 18-10-2019, 08:58 PM

smoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post

The Great save to keep Lukaku's header out to keep a clean sheet at Old Trafford?

We would all prefer an in - form and superior Guaita to play but that doesn't mean Wayne is awful and it doesn't guarantee we will lose tomorrow. And if we do it doesn't necessarily mean it's Wayne's fault - although I expect some will probably point a finger his way.

I find it strange because we have had so many worse players than Hennessey. In terms of their abilty, in terms of their performances and in terms of their attitude. Why, during our longest spell in the top flight and a period of great success for the club to some fans always need to identify a scapegoat?

For a few years it was Wayne, then last season when he was dropped it became Ayew and then when he lost his place to Batshuyai it became PVA.

All three of them are decent players, all three of them have contributed to the club and all three of them have knuckled down and worked hard when out of the starting line-up.

I do remember the cock up he made at Burnley for their goal
Old 18-10-2019, 09:43 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee sinnots ear View Post
Why on earth did we renew Wickhamís contract? And as regards Sakho he has averaged just 18 games a season since 2007 and that is now dropping like a stone.
When you consider a medium size club like ours has to pay him £125k per week that equates to circa£360k per game. In my 50 years he may be one of the best centre backs weíve ever had but he is also the biggest waste of money.
I bet Parish rues the day he signed him every day of his life. No wonder Klopp got shot of him
Renewing Wickham and Bentekeís contracts makes it very hard to understand what we are doing when money is obviously so tight.

As for Sakho, great player but heís a liability now due to his ridiculous injury record. He is superb but should be sold in January or the summer as we canít afford those wages for someone who barely plays. Such a shame though.
Old 18-10-2019, 10:04 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
That 18 games a season and dropping like a stone stat is a load of bollocks, though, isn’t it?
Old 18-10-2019, 10:27 PM

xmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is here
Quote:
Oh, that's easy. They need somebody to hate on.
Old 18-10-2019, 10:32 PM

aderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Goalkeeping is an isolated position, a team can carry a subpar outfield player but not a subpar keeper, WH was poor before the Butterfield hatrick and has not got any better since. A few good games yes but that is it in 3 1/2 years. For every good game you could name 2 games where he has commited big errors in judgement.
Old 18-10-2019, 10:35 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoll View Post
I do remember the cock up he made at Burnley for their goal
You quoted Eddie and you basically proved his point in one sentence
Old 18-10-2019, 11:49 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkba1t View Post
why is Sakho still out? its weird...
At a guess, he's injured
Old 19-10-2019, 02:21 AM

steve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am bored with the irrational excessive criticism of WH. He is the second best goalkeeper at the club now, without a doubt. However, he is surely one of the best second choice goalkeepers at any Premier League club. We are lucky to have him in that role. To not recognise that is to be irrational and I think a bit silly.
Old 19-10-2019, 06:25 AM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Lets hope he plays a blinder tomorrow then.
He usually plays like heís blind

Hopeless keeper. Our chances of getting anything out of this game are reduced massively if WH plays. Thatís simply a fact

As for Wickham, I really rate him but I think enough is enough now. The blokes made of glass. Time to get rid Iím afraid. And Iím pretty much there with Sakho as well. A very expensive soldier