Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 21-05-2019, 10:18 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Went to Lewes in 2012, with a few bbs'ers it was a stupendously drunken evening, I think 7 years is long enough for a return if we send a club XI
I was there!

(I think.)
Old 21-05-2019, 10:26 AM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
No rumours passed on about any pre-season trips at the beer festival then?
Old 21-05-2019, 11:20 AM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
All gone very quiet
Old 21-05-2019, 02:14 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
No rumours passed on about any pre-season trips at the beer festival then?
Any rumours from a lot of pissed up people should be ignored anyway.

Although I did want to believe the one about us signing Messi.
Old 21-05-2019, 02:41 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Any rumours from a lot of pissed up people should be ignored anyway.

Although I did want to believe the one about us signing Messi.
I only ask because I remember a couple of people last year posting about Denmark and Sweden after last year's event, although there were rumours going around before that.
Old 22-05-2019, 07:05 AM
This or twitter...

M_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Nothing further on pre season yet, as always leaving it late!
Old 22-05-2019, 08:55 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
You would think they are pretty much sorted as a quick google shows most clubs have sorted their schedules. I have this suspicion that at Palace, everyone has their holidays, and only after that are the fixtures finalised!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 22-05-2019, 10:48 AM
This or twitter...

M_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
You would think they are pretty much sorted as a quick google shows most clubs have sorted their schedules. I have this suspicion that at Palace, everyone has their holidays, and only after that are the fixtures finalised!

Another week or two of waiting it is...
Old 22-05-2019, 11:17 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_CPFC View Post
Nothing further on pre season yet, as always leaving it late!
Unfortunately I don't get the feeling that they have any thoughts for fans that may want to attend.
Old 22-05-2019, 11:23 AM
This or twitter...

Quote:
Unfortunately I don't get the feeling that they have any thoughts for fans that may want to attend.
Standard, last year was 1st June they announced... Hoping maybe slightly earlier
Old 22-05-2019, 12:03 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Really don't get this... on average, I'd say you get more notice of pre-season games than of TV changes.

I've been to a fair few pre-season games abroad and not once has anything been adversely affected by the club announcing pre-season fixtures "late".

The players usually return to training in the first week of July and go away for a week to 8 days from the second week, playing the first game a couple of days after arrival at the earliest. So this year, you can safely plan booking time off between 12th and 23rd (first team are playing Bristol on 26th, they don't usually travel any great distance more than 72 hours before) if you wish to attend.

The idea that any Club should organise pre-season with one eye on the fans at home is slightly ridiculous to me. The priority is getting players ready for the season. Wanting to play exhibition matches overseas to expand the fanbase can surely only be a minor issue. Fans that want to go will always find a way.
Old 22-05-2019, 12:52 PM
This or twitter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil the Eagle View Post
Really don't get this... on average, I'd say you get more notice of pre-season games than of TV changes.

I've been to a fair few pre-season games abroad and not once has anything been adversely affected by the club announcing pre-season fixtures "late".

The players usually return to training in the first week of July and go away for a week to 8 days from the second week, playing the first game a couple of days after arrival at the earliest. So this year, you can safely plan booking time off between 12th and 23rd (first team are playing Bristol on 26th, they don't usually travel any great distance more than 72 hours before) if you wish to attend.

The idea that any Club should organise pre-season with one eye on the fans at home is slightly ridiculous to me. The priority is getting players ready for the season. Wanting to play exhibition matches overseas to expand the fanbase can surely only be a minor issue. Fans that want to go will always find a way.
Maybe because it's slightly troublesome to get annual leave at work and you don't want to dick around the company you work for...
Old 22-05-2019, 01:36 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

….not once has anything been adversely affected by the club announcing pre-season fixtures "late".
It could be argued that the cost of flights does increase the closer to the date of travel that fans can book. This is because as a flight fills up, the price increases. So earlier booking (usually) means a lower price.

I'm not saying that this is always the CPFC's fault - for example the game at Augsberg 5 years ago, one of our owners was regularly emailing the German club asking for the game to be announced, explaining that our fans wanted to book travel as early as possible, and Augsberg in reply were very laid back and wanted to hold back on the announcement because it was their 'Family Day' and they weren't in any rush to announce it!

I don't doubt that fans who want to go will indeed find a way, however it is a bit different to the amount of notice given for tv changes. However inconvenient a Prem fixture change is or a midweek cup game in Middlesbrough with 2 weeks notice it can always be sorted with an afternoon off work and a tank of petrol.

I think the people who like to have as much notice as possible for a Palace trip abroad, like to try and do it for the minimum outlay, and having as much notice as possible can be perceived to make a difference.

Maybe one day if we ever qualify for the Europa, booking trips abroad with 2 weeks notice will become the norm of course!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 22-05-2019, 01:48 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Be nice if we could do Reading away again. Thoroughly enjoyable day.
Old 22-05-2019, 02:53 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
It could be argued that the cost of flights does increase the closer to the date of travel that fans can book. This is because as a flight fills up, the price increases. So earlier booking (usually) means a lower price.
Yeah, I do understand that, but my point was in my experience it hasn't made any material difference. It would have made no tangible cost saving to the flight prices if we'd been able to book a couple of weeks earlier on any of the recent pre-season trips.

A specific example, back in 2017, we 'd heard rumours of our involvement in the Asia Premier Trophy as far back as March, but obviously back then there was no guarantee we'd still be in the Prem. come the summer. Sue did her usual research anyway and the flight and accom. prices were the same two months later when it was finally confirmed. Similar situation for Scandi, last year. Prices were the same pre-official announcement as they were when we booked.

For Augsburg, there were much cheaper ways to fly than via Munich, which is generally expensive anyway. Many did Stuttgart and train across - there were several other similar options. Those prices weren't affected by the game announcement.

By far and away, the biggest impact on flight prices is generally the school holidays not whether there's an event on.
Old 22-05-2019, 02:56 PM
South London VfB

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_CPFC View Post
Maybe because it's slightly troublesome to get annual leave at work and you don't want to dick around the company you work for...
Yeah, I get that too, but you can work out with a fair degree of certainty when any tour is likely to be as shown above. If you really want to go, you don't need to wait for an announcement.
Old 22-05-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I do understand that, but my point was in my experience it hasn't made any material difference. It would have made no tangible cost saving to the flight prices if we'd been able to book a couple of weeks earlier on any of the recent pre-season trips.

A specific example, back in 2017, we 'd heard rumours of our involvement in the Asia Premier Trophy as far back as March, but obviously back then there was no guarantee we'd still be in the Prem. come the summer. Sue did her usual research anyway and the flight and accom. prices were the same two months later when it was finally confirmed. Similar situation for Scandi, last year. Prices were the same pre-official announcement as they were when we booked.

For Augsburg, there were much cheaper ways to fly than via Munich, which is generally expensive anyway. Many did Stuttgart and train across - there were several other similar options. Those prices weren't affected by the game announcement.
For many (i.e. me) it's as much about making other plans on those dates / getting several days off work at a time when lots of people are going away. All depends on personal circumstances, granted.
Old 22-05-2019, 02:58 PM
South London VfB

Quote:
Maybe one day if we ever qualify for the Europa, booking trips abroad with 2 weeks notice will become the norm of course!
We can but hope, mate
Old 22-05-2019, 03:00 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Be nice if we could do Reading away again. Thoroughly enjoyable day.
Only a hour to exit the carparks.. and the Motorways around there!
Old 22-05-2019, 03:05 PM
South London VfB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
For many (i.e. me) it's as much about making other plans on those dates / getting several days off work at a time when lots of people are going away. All depends on personal circumstances, granted.
I do understand that and had the same issues before I went back self-employed, so I always got my requests in relatively early. That said, for me, it tended not to be a problem as most of my colleagues wanted the school holiday weeks and the tour dates were usually outside that.