Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 26-07-2020, 05:03 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
The Hawks decided to go back to traditional uniforms and I must say I'm gonna miss me the lime green, deep red and black ones that they've been rocking the last couple of seasons.

Last edited by Funk Butter; 09-08-2020 at 07:41 AM.
Old 26-07-2020, 08:42 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
I decided to screw around with making animated data visualizations and created one for the history of most points scored in an NBA game. Surprise, Wilt Chamberlain totally dominates the list.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 01-08-2020, 01:40 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
I used to watch the NBA in the 90’s when I was a kid and naturally liked the Bulls and MJ. After watching The Last Dance, I got swept over with all the nostalgia and now I want to get back into watching it again.

I don’t want to follow the Bulls, as it’s a bit obvious but I want to follow a team that has some meaning to me, and as I went to America back in 2011 and did a bit of a road trip, I thought I should pick a team from one of the places I went to.

That leaves me with:

Denver
Salt Lake City
LA
San Francisco

I went to some smaller places and went to Arizona but not Phoenix. Which team should I pick?
Old 01-08-2020, 02:58 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post
I used to watch the NBA in the 90’s when I was a kid and naturally liked the Bulls and MJ. After watching The Last Dance, I got swept over with all the nostalgia and now I want to get back into watching it again.

I don’t want to follow the Bulls, as it’s a bit obvious but I want to follow a team that has some meaning to me, and as I went to America back in 2011 and did a bit of a road trip, I thought I should pick a team from one of the places I went to.

That leaves me with:

Denver
Salt Lake City
LA
San Francisco

I went to some smaller places and went to Arizona but not Phoenix. Which team should I pick?
You should do it scientifically. To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 17-08-2020, 09:33 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Play offs begin tonight. I’m predicting a Lakers Raptors final.
Old 17-08-2020, 09:40 PM
Baller!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24 View Post
Do we have any chance against the Bucks?
Old 17-08-2020, 09:49 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
I'm actually thinking that the Blazers have a chance against the Lakers. Not sure how the Lakers plan to stop Lillard. He averaged 36pts/9ast against them in the regular season and has been turned up in the comeback games. I'm going Clippers/Bucks final.
Old 18-08-2020, 09:38 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Do we have any chance against the Bucks?
Magic take game one...
Old 18-08-2020, 09:47 PM
Baller!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Yup pretty comfortable too by looks of it.
Old 21-08-2020, 05:17 AM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
I'm actually thinking that the Blazers have a chance against the Lakers. Not sure how the Lakers plan to stop Lillard. He averaged 36pts/9ast against them in the regular season and has been turned up in the comeback games. I'm going Clippers/Bucks final.
Quote:
Lillard dislocates left index finger
That's one way.

Another lottery, another miss by the Hawks. At least this draft isn't really a life-changer. Not compared to last year.

Quote:
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  2. Golden State Warriors
  3. Charlotte Hornets
  4. Chicago Bulls
  5. Cleveland Cavaliers
  6. Atlanta Hawks
  7. Detroit Pistons
  8. New York Knicks
  9. Washington Wizards
  10. Phoenix Suns
  11. San Antonio Spurs
  12. Sacramento Kings
  13. New Orleans Pelicans
  14. Boston Celtics (via MEM)
Old 26-08-2020, 09:25 PM
Selhurstian

The Bucks have boycotted their game against the Magic in protest of the police shooting in Kenosha. As a result the nba have postponed all of tonight’s games To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 27-08-2020, 03:41 PM
Selhurstian

Lakers and Clippers have voted to boycott the rest of the post season
Old 27-08-2020, 05:53 PM
Baller!!!

Quote:
Lakers and Clippers have voted to boycott the rest of the post season
Really? I don't know if it is just me, but is that not slightly OTT?
Old 10-10-2020, 05:16 PM
Selhurstian

Lakers 3-2 up in the finals vs the Heat. Jimmy Butler keeping Miami in it. Great attempt at a game winning three pointer by Danny Green. Snoop Dogg was not impressed. To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 28-10-2020, 04:43 AM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login about how the Bulls felt they were settling for MJ in the draft:
GM Rod Torn said, "We wish he was seven feet but he isn't. What can you do?"
The desire for height above all else at that time really shows in this video. Go to 5:26 to see a possible Jordan trade that didn't happen that would have probably set up the Rockets for world domination. (btw, the Hawks are in here to with a Tree Rollins for Jordan trade that didn't happen. I pray that the Bulls were the ones that said no)

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 02-12-2020, 08:48 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James has agreed to a two-year, $85 million contract extension, his agent, Rich Paul of Klutch Sports Group, told ESPN and multiple outlets Wednesday.

James is now set to make $39.2 million in 2020-21, $41,180,544 in 2021-22 and $44,474,988 in 2022-23. His career earnings from his NBA contracts will approach $435 million by the end of the extension.

James, currently No. 3 on the NBA's career scoring list with 34,241 points, is 4,146 points behind Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for the No. 1 spot. If he were to average 25 points and play a majority of games the next two seasons, James would be in position to take Abdul-Jabbar's place at the top while wearing a Lakers uniform in 2022-23.

James also ranks No. 8 on the assists list, No. 13 in steals, No. 15 in 3-pointers made and No. 48 in rebounds.

When it comes to NBA postseason history, James is first in scoring, first in steals, second in assists, second in 3-pointers made, sixth in rebounds and 11th in blocks.
Old 14-12-2020, 01:02 PM
Selhurstian

NBA pre season has started. Steph Curry is back. Westbrook has gone to Washington with John Wall at the Rockets. Durant is back from injury playing with Kyrie at the Nets. Will be interesting to see how they get on.
Old 23-12-2020, 07:06 PM
Selhurstian

The season is now underway. The Clippers beat the Lakers and a Durant-led Nets beat the Warriors.
Old 27-12-2020, 09:36 AM
Baller!!!

Magic 2-0 so far this season, I have to say we are in danger of actually being a bit good. About bloody time mind you! Just saw the highlights from last night against the Wizards, quite funny, a Wiz player actually dunked the ball in his own net, never seen that happen before.
Old 27-12-2020, 08:43 PM
Selhurstian

Mavericks are up 77-27 at half time against the Clippers. A 50 point half time lead!