Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Will you be returning to watch games at Selhurst Park in October?
Yes 181 46.89%
No 77 19.95%
Depends on measures taken by the club 88 22.80%
Unsure 37 9.59%
Moo 3 0.78%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-07-2020, 11:44 AM

Sodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is here
I'd go back next game (esp. if prices were cut!)
Old 17-07-2020, 11:48 AM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartfordeagle View Post
He also states it "must be done in a Covid-secure way" whatever the hell that means, vague as always
Not only is it vague, itís bullshit. Itís a phrase designed to instil confidence and certainly where there is none. Businesses can do their best to provide an environment in which the likelihood of transmission is minimised but they canít offer one that is secure.
Old 17-07-2020, 11:52 AM

Free Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
October return for the working man? Just in time for the October flu season where they will say the deadly virus is back when people start coughing again resulting in the next lockdown... great thinking!
Old 17-07-2020, 11:57 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Would they allow away fans?

If away games were allocated by top loyalty points, then going to only 4 or 5 homes all season so that all home season ticket holders get a handful each would be okay.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 17-07-2020, 11:58 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
ST holders only spread across all four stands?
We've got over 15k ST holders, far too many to allow correct social distancing measures
Old 17-07-2020, 12:01 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
We've got over 15k ST holders, far too many to allow correct social distancing measures
One in two games would be fine for starters.
Old 17-07-2020, 12:08 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Would they allow away fans?
I think that's unlikely. You'd then be mixing crowds from different places*.

Having no away fans in the AW would make it a bit easier for us home fans in the stand.

(* yes I know that we don't all live in Holmesdale Road houses, but you know what i mean)
Old 17-07-2020, 12:17 PM

lewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
German football federation has created a 50 page documents for the local governments / health authorities outlining the plans for fans to return.
Some of the things mentioned is offering a coronavirus test prior to each match to all fans paid for by the clubs, No alcohol in the stadium, reduced crowds of 75%.

If I can find the link to it I will post it
Old 17-07-2020, 12:29 PM

palace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Latest figures are 3 cases in London per 100,000 people.
Palace fans, people need to get over their fear etc. At these numbers unless you have secondary health problems then it IS now safe.
If there's a secondary wave in London for example then obviously that would change things.
Old 17-07-2020, 12:37 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
I'd be there like a shot
Old 17-07-2020, 12:50 PM

gazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Either do it properly or don't bother at all. I would rather they cancelled next season all together than carry on this crap
Old 17-07-2020, 01:05 PM

Mr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisuk View Post
German football federation has created a 50 page documents for the local governments / health authorities outlining the plans for fans to return.
Some of the things mentioned is offering a coronavirus test prior to each match to all fans paid for by the clubs, No alcohol in the stadium, reduced crowds of 75%.

If I can find the link to it I will post it
If it was 75% capacity you could just about fit all current season ticket holders.
Old 17-07-2020, 01:17 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
The Arthur is enough of a death trap as it is.
Old 17-07-2020, 01:19 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palace23 View Post
Latest figures are 3 cases in London per 100,000 people.
Palace fans, people need to get over their fear etc. At these numbers unless you have secondary health problems then it IS now safe.
If there's a secondary wave in London for example then obviously that would change things.
In the Arthur Wait, the stand is often host to matchday ticket holders from oversees.

Depending on where you sit the risk changes, the Arthur is a dump and they have needed to reduce the amount of tickets they sold in there for years.
Old 17-07-2020, 01:51 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Yes, I'd go back.
Old 17-07-2020, 01:56 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
If you were able to time travel to the 1980’s, social distancing, especially in the Holmesdale, was the norm and you could often be 20 to 30 yards from the nearest fan, the Whitehorse and the Arthur were a bit more closely packed, especially on the days the club decided to hand over all or most of the Holmesdale to the visiting teams, which did happen on occasion.

I think it would be fairly easy to use say every other row and keep a ‘safe’ distance - crowds have been attending in Poland and other countries with seemingly no spike in the infection rate - conditions obviously have to be monitored and if infection rates go up then the numbers admitted have to be scaled down or suspended accordingly.

The fact is, many people have been working together in much more confined spaces than football stadiums throughout the lockdown. There is possibly a fear factor for some, but I feel that limited crowds following safety guidelines already in place for stadiums that we are currently seeing is a way forward.
Old 17-07-2020, 02:00 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Maybe to get down to 25% the tickets should go up 400% .... weeds out the plebs and maybe a prepackaged prawn sandwich in with the price ... Seems fair!
Old 17-07-2020, 02:02 PM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I'm not sure until I know how they'll do it.

I just think it's asking for trouble.

It would probably depend on how they decide who can go. Every season ticket holder should get the same number of games, but I've no issues with using points as a way of giving first choice of games.

I'd only really want to go if I could be going with my old man/uncle/friends.
That's how I'm feeling TBH.

Think opening major venues is a disaster waiting to happen, especially those full of drunken football fans.

My mum (who's approaching 70 and has asthma) has a season ticket and I wouldn't feel comfortable with her going. I'm not sure she'd want to risk it either.

I'd be tempted to go to the first game (if it was a reduced capacity) and scout it out, but not sure if I would or not. Not only could it be contributing to the issue, it'd also be really dull without a full capacity crowd, bars open etc. Not to mention the travel there and back.

Last edited by Kirby; 17-07-2020 at 02:04 PM.
Old 17-07-2020, 02:03 PM

Seanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The main reason I reserve le right to go see palace ala mo is coz we are not very goot
Could we end le season with 8 straight defeats an only 2 goals to show for it? All le more reason not to throw goot money after bad!
Old 17-07-2020, 02:05 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Surrey have just announced this

Surrey County Cricket Club is looking forward to working with the government to enable a limited return of Members to the Kia Oval next weekend.

The two-day friendly match between Surrey and Middlesex, on Sunday 26th and Monday 27th July, was today named by the government – alongside Glorious Goodwood and the World Snooker Championship – as one of the pilot events for the return of spectators to elite sports venues.

The Club look forward to working with the Sports Grounds Safety Authority over the coming days and will make an announcement when arrangements have been finalised'