Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Will you be returning to watch games at Selhurst Park in October?
Yes 184 47.18%
No 77 19.74%
Depends on measures taken by the club 88 22.56%
Unsure 38 9.74%
Moo 3 0.77%
Voters: 390. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-07-2020, 06:03 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
"There may be trouble ahead..."

I've actually been wondering about this during lockdown. Those fans that go to every game, everywhere, however well (or not) the team is doing: how has it been for them not being able to go?
I hadn't missed a single home or away game for 7 years, Bournemouth game was an odd feeling - it went through my head 'can I go down there and watch a sliver of the pitch to say I 'saw' the game"!!! Crazy I know.

I ordered all the programmes, home and away.

Really helped that we have been utter cack in the majority of the games, I'm pretty 'meh' about it now. Don't think I am at going to be at all bothered if there are restrictions on getting to a Palace game again - if they say each season ticket holder can get to 5 home games next season, I am fine with that now.

I would be more annoyed about away games, as i look forward to those more, its a whole day somewhere different each time that out you can build around a Palace game.

We will see in due course what will be will be. And I have a season ticket at Dorking, so I'd just watch them a bit more, as getting in there is less problematic than at Palace.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 22-07-2020, 06:08 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
How can you guarantee social distancing outside of the confines of the ground or on the transport network when thousands of fans are congregating at the same time before and after matches ?
Social distancing is out of the window now, for most.
Old 22-07-2020, 06:17 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb23 View Post

As for me, I'm currently shielding and although shielding is set to officially end in August I won't be going anywhere (bar long outdoor walks) until there's a vaccine.
I feel the same. Covid isn't going to go away without an effective vaccine.

You only have to look at Leicester and Blackburn.

Cases on the increase all over Europe.

NHS may now be more effective in treating people, but the fact remains it's still there .
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 22-07-2020, 06:28 AM

The12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I would go but check to see how many fans are going, west a mask and always carry a little bottle of anti bac gel - just same as I do for work and the supermarket.
Old 22-07-2020, 06:28 AM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzagoalie View Post
Either do it properly or don't bother at all. I would rather they cancelled next season all together than carry on this crap
Is the correct answer.

No interest in going back if it isnít the same as it was pre lockdown.

No concern about the virus itself as havenít took it seriously since day one having seen very early in it was a numbers game.(is infection rate compared to UK population is tiny and not worth the economic shit storm we are about to see.
Old 22-07-2020, 07:04 AM

mylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post

No concern about the virus itself as haven’t took it seriously since day one having seen very early in it was a numbers game.(is infection rate compared to UK population is tiny and not worth the economic shit storm we are about to see.
I take it you are what a lot of us would like to be, fit, healthy and young.
Old 22-07-2020, 07:11 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Is the correct answer.

No interest in going back if it isnít the same as it was pre lockdown.

No concern about the virus itself as havenít took it seriously since day one having seen very early in it was a numbers game.(is infection rate compared to UK population is tiny and not worth the economic shit storm we are about to see.
The infection rate is "tiny" because of the lock down measures, not in spite of them.
Old 22-07-2020, 07:13 AM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylona View Post
I take it you are what a lot of us would like to be, fit, healthy and young.
No just deal in facts And failed to be taken in by the fear dished our by the media and certain elements of the govt.
Old 22-07-2020, 07:15 AM

HorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If they carry on playing like this, then NO....
Old 22-07-2020, 07:21 AM

olly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
No just deal in facts And failed to be taken in by the fear dished our by the media and certain elements of the govt.
I agree

Would go back personally
Old 22-07-2020, 07:23 AM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
I hadn't missed a single home or away game for 7 years, Bournemouth game was an odd feeling - it went through my head 'can I go down there and watch a sliver of the pitch to say I 'saw' the game"!!! Crazy I know.
Not crazy at all, I get it!
Old 22-07-2020, 07:29 AM
Sir Roy

Quote:

I ordered all the programmes, home and away.

Really helped that we have been utter cack in the majority of the games, I'm pretty 'meh' about it now. Don't think I am at going to be at all bothered if there are restrictions on getting to a Palace game again - if they say each season ticket holder can get to 5 home games next season, I am fine with that now.

I would be more annoyed about away games, as i look forward to those more, its a whole day somewhere different each time that out you can build around a Palace game.

We will see in due course what will be will be. And I have a season ticket at Dorking, so I'd just watch them a bit more, as getting in there is less problematic than at Palace.
I would bloody well hope you get in to see the games in whatever format they take place after the shift (both financial and time wise) you have put in to watch the team!!!

And I hope the club rewards you and similar fans in the same situation as you.

Even palace wouldn’t put it down to parish points surely ...
Old 22-07-2020, 07:36 AM

Cpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
100% YES, who wouldnt go back ?
Old 22-07-2020, 07:42 AM

Cpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
The infection rate is "tiny" because of the lock down measures, not in spite of them.
I don't understand how Sweden had just 559 deaths per million without having any lockdown whatsoever?
Old 22-07-2020, 08:10 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Even palace wouldnít put it down to parish points surely ...

I think for away games they would use Parish Points (assuming all clubs give an away allocation), because that is the accepted method for allocating away tickets already.

Allocations could be much smaller though - imagine Brentford come up - the away section was 1400, so say it is 25% of that!!

You would imagine most of the 'haven't missed a game in years' lot are away season ticket holders anyway.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 22-07-2020, 08:15 AM
Sir Roy

Quote:
I think for away games they would use Parish Points (assuming all clubs give an away allocation), because that is the accepted method for allocating away tickets already.

Allocations could be much smaller though - imagine Brentford come up - the away section was 1400, so say it is 25% of that!!

You would imagine most of the 'haven't missed a game in years' lot are away season ticket holders anyway.
Iím sure some tickets would find their way to a vip coach trip package
Old 22-07-2020, 10:04 AM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No fans no football we should be able to go wearing masks, only season ticket holders no away fans to prevent trouble and stop police objections, let us decide if we want to go, if the nhs gets under pressure then we rethink.
Old 22-07-2020, 02:28 PM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
The dusty lot evicted from block E should be the first lot invited back. They're already spread all over the ground now and don't sing, so infection rates should be low.
Wow hilarious.
Old 22-07-2020, 02:37 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
"There may be trouble ahead..."

I've actually been wondering about this during lockdown. Those fans that go to every game, everywhere, however well (or not) the team is doing: how has it been for them not being able to go?
There was an excellent article in The Athletic just before the restart talking to fans like this. The records they had were insane with some not missing any games since the 70s
Old 24-07-2020, 12:20 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Prior to COVID 19 I had only missed about 10 home games since 1973 and those were missed reluctantly because of transport problems or sickness.

This figure includes friendlies and cup ties and on top of this I have been to hundreds of Palace away games.

Until it is safe to do so I will not be attending any matches next season as there is too much risk involved for the vulnerable.

I suspect that there are many Palace fans who are in a similar situation to me and reluctantly they will have to make the same choice over safety concerns and not attend games until the COVID 19 risk has been removed.

COYP