Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Will you be returning to watch games at Selhurst Park in October?
Yes 184 47.18%
No 77 19.74%
Depends on measures taken by the club 88 22.56%
Unsure 38 9.74%
Moo 3 0.77%
Voters: 390. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-07-2020, 11:12 PM
Grand Wizard of Orpington

RCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is here
Looking at the stats coming out of Europe - this thing is far from done.

Wouldn't be surprised to see lockdown measures brought back in again soon if we start to suffer as they are on the continent.

At present... No ... I wouldn't want to go back to the stadium. Whether I can pay a fee to 'hold' my season ticket seat I don't know.

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Orpington and the surrounding areas.
Old 26-07-2020, 07:39 AM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake5 View Post
Zero interest in going with massive gaps around the ground !. Be interesting how they deal with this , Iíve had a season ticket for 36 years .

Youíve been going 36 years? I assume you donít remember the massive gaps around the ground watching us in the 80ís then?
Old 26-07-2020, 09:11 AM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
! Zero interest in going with massive gaps around the ground !. Be interesting how they deal with this ,
They could paint the seats like Brentford.

Old 26-07-2020, 10:17 AM

wrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
Youíve been going 36 years? I assume you donít remember the massive gaps around the ground watching us in the 80ís then?
Remember some night games early 80s main stand would have so many empty seats think we got about 4000 one night. remember a picture of a player might have been Langley ran to the stand to celebrate a goal and you could just see empty seats in picture dire days.
Old 31-07-2020, 10:30 AM

sherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Piece in today's Times and on the BBC says the Premier League is considering "clinical passports" to allow fans back into stadiums.

It also says that "We are considering all areas of a match day, from ticketing solutions, stadium seating allocation configuration and timed entries, to temperature checks and an in-seat food and drink service for fans."

At-seat waiter service in the Arfur? Whatever next!
Old 31-07-2020, 10:37 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherstonpalace View Post
Piece in today's Times and on the BBC says the Premier League is considering "clinical passports" to allow fans back into stadiums.

It also says that "We are considering all areas of a match day, from ticketing solutions, stadium seating allocation configuration and timed entries, to temperature checks and an in-seat food and drink service for fans."

At-seat waiter service in the Arfur? Whatever next!
Youíll order a pie and it wonít arrive til the next home game. Cold.
Old 31-07-2020, 11:03 AM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is here
App based system apparently, not a solution for those who do not have smart phones.

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 31-07-2020, 11:17 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Trials have been scrapped so can't see October happening.

In memory of mum, anyone who has some spare change to support Ovarian Cancer Action:

Ovarian Cancer Action Fundraising
Old 31-07-2020, 11:24 AM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc View Post
Remember some night games early 80s main stand would have so many empty seats think we got about 4000 one night. remember a picture of a player might have been Langley ran to the stand to celebrate a goal and you could just see empty seats in picture dire days.
They would let people getting wet on the Whitehorse (no roof) shuffle into the Arthur

Never did it for the Palace 0-5 Wimbledon game though, which is when I seriously started to question my old mans sanity!
Old 31-07-2020, 12:11 PM

jake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Test events put on hold .Cricket , goodwood etc , Iím resigned to not going to palace till the new year . Bought a carshalton season ticket !
Old 31-07-2020, 02:30 PM

selhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc View Post
Correct. It was a night game V Cardiff we won 1-0.

Great picture.

Old 31-07-2020, 03:43 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Test events put on hold .Cricket , goodwood etc , Iím resigned to not going to palace till the new year . Bought a carshalton season ticket !
£2.46 well spent.
Old 31-07-2020, 03:47 PM

jake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
£2.46 well spent.
£160😜
Old 31-07-2020, 04:16 PM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Test events put on hold .Cricket , goodwood etc , I’m resigned to not going to palace till the new year . Bought a carshalton season ticket !
I think I stand more chance of seeing Inverness this season...as long as the First Minister doesn't ban tourists from England!

(and tbh if Palace have a transfer window as good as the last three or four, it might be preferrable anyway!)
Old 31-07-2020, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Yeah , standing in the Arthur enclosure with a big group of pals you mean ?
Old 31-07-2020, 04:31 PM

wrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhursthoover View Post
Correct. It was a night game V Cardiff we won 1-0.

Great picture.

Cheers Hoover for some reason thought it was Carlisle had the first letter right tho
Old 31-07-2020, 05:20 PM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Too many idiots out there to trust anyone to keep their distance big NO

some sections of fans can't even keep to their own seats, never mind behave in a socially acceptable manner.
Old 31-07-2020, 05:37 PM

Groinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
You’ve been going 36 years? I assume you don’t remember the massive gaps around the ground watching us in the 80’s then?
������ Hahahaha! All 5k of us many weeks....
Old 31-07-2020, 05:43 PM

churley1988 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechurley1988 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechurley1988 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechurley1988 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechurley1988 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechurley1988 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechurley1988 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechurley1988 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechurley1988 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechurley1988 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechurley1988 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
Too many idiots out there to trust anyone to keep their distance big NO

some sections of fans can't even keep to their own seats, never mind behave in a socially acceptable manner.
I remember one game this season someone was in my seat prior to the game (I have a season ticket and have had it there for many seasons) and when I said heís in my seat, he refused to move. I explained politely and he said there are other seats and that I should go there.

I was very close to losing my sh*t at that point, even after people around him said itís my seat he was reluctant to move but did eventually, totally bizarre.

If heís one of those who will try and attend the post-lockdown games, I think I might join you in staying away.
Old 31-07-2020, 05:43 PM

Robin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Covid levels are negligible and it’s now a mild illness which hospitals can handle if needed. Let’s get back to normal.