Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 01-08-2020, 09:49 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Bon chance Pierre.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:55 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Oh. How so?
I think he means they have fired him, but are pretending to have made him redundant.

ie his position is still there and will be filled by another. They no grounds to fire him, but his face doesn't fit so they have trumped up a 'redundancy'

Both parties know it is a bullshit smokescreen and the only real issue is size of payoff
Old 01-08-2020, 10:04 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardarian View Post
Yes, also sorry to hear this too Peter. How much faith do you have in the Chilean system for a fair outcome?
Not so much.

The University has a history of this behaviour and as they are part of the Catholic mafia their lawyers are entrenched in the whole system here.

A year or so ago 300 teachers were sacked without compensation on the cusp of a new school year for trying to organise a union. I think they were compensated later by tribunal.

I am investigating contacts and representatives that have provided happier outcomes for other wronged teachers. Pus, I am going to visit the inspection of work place to see whether I have any recourse.

Basically, the cards are stacked up in their favour, and they often win by bullying the little man into submission. But they often lose when the little man fights back a bit.

It depends how much they want to increase their offer for me to not cause a fuss.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:04 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Not a good day, or what might work out to be a very good day.

Fired via Microsoft Teams after 16 years, and they are trying to stitch me up on the compensation.
What gif did you reply with?

Sorry to hear.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:05 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
I think he means they have fired him, but are pretending to have made him redundant.

ie his position is still there and will be filled by another. They no grounds to fire him, but his face doesn't fit so they have trumped up a 'redundancy'

Both parties know it is a bullshit smokescreen and the only real issue is size of payoff
Bazinga.

I love you John.

Old 01-08-2020, 10:07 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Take em for all they’ve got and a bit more, don Pedro.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
What gif did you reply with?

Sorry to hear.
I sent the two top bosses of my campus, the decision maker and the plank that signs off the thing...a photo of my teacher of the year award they gave me 7 months back.

I asked them what value that trophy represented.

I also asked them whether they will be repeating their annual speech about cristian and family values at the new term opening ceremony to teacher in March 2021.

The plank will bin the email, and the decision maker will send me a reply saying they are offended by my inappropriate tone. LOL

Old 01-08-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
From this post it sounds like you have a great CV and fingers in quite a few pies and sound positive which is always key.

Best of luck.
Yep, I have my other job. And Iam extremely well placed to take on more work than I need. I have lots of contacts.

I am just saddened. And I can't sleep.

Old 01-08-2020, 10:13 AM

On a lighter note...5th grandchild will probably arrive middle of next week.

Old 01-08-2020, 10:13 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Best of British Peter.

Cricket wanker.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:23 AM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
On a lighter note...5th grandchild will probably arrive middle of next week.
Every cloud etc etc.. Good luck Peter, don't think you will need it , but take it nevertheless

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 01-08-2020, 10:27 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
By the way Pete. Given what you have said about the person who wants you out and the accompanying clique, my gut feel is there will have been totally inappropriate discussions between various parties about who, when and how to do this.

Normally these private stitch-up conversations would have been in the pub, cafe or quiet corner of the campus, but I wonder given covid whether these conversations were on 'teams' meaning there is a record of them and they are deemed official work communication.

Could be interesting if you could get hold of them in a tribunal, or rather the threat of demanding them in a tribunal could be interesting.

Just a thought, and would need preparation before any threat is issued
Old 01-08-2020, 10:45 AM

Interesting. I doubt I would take it that far though for a few grand. I'd end up paying more than my pay off in lawyers fees if I lost and it wasn't a quick settlement.

No quick settlement following a few forays into the murky world and I walk away from it. Life is too short.

I just make sure they are well aware of my opinion of them, and later that lots of other people do as well. And there are ways to do that while staying anonymous...via the student body for starters.

Old 01-08-2020, 10:54 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
By the way Pete. Given what you have said about the person who wants you out and the accompanying clique, my gut feel is there will have been totally inappropriate discussions between various parties about who, when and how to do this.

Normally these private stitch-up conversations would have been in the pub, cafe or quiet corner of the campus, but I wonder given covid whether these conversations were on 'teams' meaning there is a record of them and they are deemed official work communication.

Could be interesting if you could get hold of them in a tribunal, or rather the threat of demanding them in a tribunal could be interesting.

Just a thought, and would need preparation before any threat is issued

Chile might be different to the UK.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 01-08-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Chile might be different to the UK.
Yes, that kind of recourse isn't really open to most here, unless you are a senior executive and have the money to employ an OJ of lawyers.

The criminal justice system is a bit of an unhappy joke, when a senator's son was being investigated for killing a country bumpkin by driving under the influence, two friends were found guilty of lying in court and punished yet the senator's son was found not guilty. The senator openly admitted to paying blood money to the victim's family, but the investigators and courts didn't even consider looking at perverting the course of justice (I don't know if that exist here).

I suspect employment law is in the same sorry state.

Part of the reason I am in limbo regarding compensation is that it took 5 decades for the university to agree to proper indefinite working contracts, and until last year they sacked 95% of teachers and renewed every year. This was clearly in contravention of employment law, but the lawyers for the Catholic mafia found some loophol - probably not unrelated to Pinochet's constitution.

Thus, they can argue that my first 14 years don't count as length of service. Morally they do, but legally it is a grey area. They have often backed down when challenged, but there is no guarantee of them backing down.

BTW. By their accounts, I am not the only teacher being dismised for needs of the business. But I am taking that with a pinch of salt.

Old 01-08-2020, 11:28 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
The University has a history of this behaviour and as they are part of the Catholic mafia their lawyers are entrenched in the whole system here.
I was on your side until I read this bit.

(Seriously, good luck in the future - these coves sound like a cabal of rotters.)
Old 01-08-2020, 12:17 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Are the royalties from Being John Malkovich not enough to scrape by on, old bean?

Hear Nobby has a compelling script for a remake of the remake of Con Air.
Old 01-08-2020, 12:26 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Sorry to hear this. If the compensation offer is decent it's probably worthtaking, but find out who the successful lawyers who've previously won against them were. That way if they come back with a shit offer, you can say your consulting that specific law firm about your options, and make it clear what you were expecting.

Ideally neither you or them want a legal case, and they sound quite shady and on Rocky ground.

But you are right, it's an opportunity to do more in life
Old 01-08-2020, 12:39 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Really sorry to read this Pete & good luck for whatever you decide to do in the future.
Old 01-08-2020, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Interesting. I doubt I would take it that far though for a few grand. I'd end up paying more than my pay off in lawyers fees if I lost and it wasn't a quick settlement.

No quick settlement following a few forays into the murky world and I walk away from it. Life is too short.

I just make sure they are well aware of my opinion of them, and later that lots of other people do as well. And there are ways to do that while staying anonymous...via the student body for starters.
Oh I am not talking about going through with it, just something to mention when you are discussing/negotiating your pay off.

'If it goes to tribunal my lawyer has said he will be able to legally demand access to all internal communications referencing me, my performance and reasons for redundancy, so please do keep them. Fortunately with microsoft teams there is always a copy backed up even if they were mistakenly deleted for some reason...'

It might just shit them up and persuade them to pay you more...

Anyway just a thought probably not relevant