Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 24-05-2021, 09:11 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil 154 View Post
You will buy Bitcoin. I suggest today.
What do you say to the journo who said it won't succeed because it's not the answer it claims to be, that it is versatile and a modern replacement for traditional currency, a fact that is demonstrated by the fact that you couldn't by a sandwich from a shop with it.
Old 24-05-2021, 09:24 AM
Señor Coconut

Neil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The journo doesn't know what he's talking about. You can use Coinbase Visa card in any sandwich shop that accepts Visa. It debits your bitcoin account.
Old 24-05-2021, 10:14 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So is it currency or an investment? If I bought a takeaway on it now, and the price rockets next week, or collapses, then the price I pay at a slightly different time is stark isn't it? Is it going to stabilise, at all?
Old 24-05-2021, 10:30 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
So is it currency or an investment? If I bought a takeaway on it now, and the price rockets next week, or collapses, then the price I pay at a slightly different time is stark isn't it? Is it going to stabilise, at all?
For something to be money it has to essentially provide three key features, being a means of exchange, a store of value, and a unit of account (i.e. essentially a common measure of the value of goods).

Lots of things can meet one or more of these criteria, but to be money they need to meet all three. If something doesn’t meet all three then they are not money but something else (potentially an investment, but it could equally be a worthless piece of paper - take hyper inflation in Zimbabwe as an example, the currency ceases to become a mechanism to store value, so people stop using it, and Zim dollars become worthless pieces of paper).

For me, Bitcoin partially meets the first criteria, but the volatility means it cannot meet the second two. So you have to view it as an investment rather than money / currency.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 03-06-2021, 06:42 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I know nothing about crypto whatsoever but have some friends who are getting more involved. Some huge losses and some huge wins. The way I see it, it is so volatile that it must be worth £1000 (or whatever can be afforded to lose without worrying) across a couple of coins to see whether they go through the roof. You just need to know when to get out.
Old 06-06-2021, 07:28 AM

OneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesyUCLA View Post
I know nothing about crypto whatsoever but have some friends who are getting more involved. Some huge losses and some huge wins. The way I see it, it is so volatile that it must be worth £1000 (or whatever can be afforded to lose without worrying) across a couple of coins to see whether they go through the roof. You just need to know when to get out.
I put a little amount into $HAPPY coin. At one point I was x10 before musk caused the bitcoin crash.
Old 06-06-2021, 09:02 AM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Is anyone mining on here?
Old 06-06-2021, 10:00 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Had a dabble mining. Made a bit which is now nano. I need my pc at the moment so whilst i don't think its a big problem for gpus I didnt want any risk to the system and stopped.

Nice hash seemed pretty decent and very simple.

Probably won't go back. Managed to bag an rtx3070 and sell my 5700xt for 2.5 times as much as the brand new card on ebay!!
Old 06-06-2021, 10:10 AM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Had a dabble mining. Made a bit which is now nano. I need my pc at the moment so whilst i don't think its a big problem for gpus I didnt want any risk to the system and stopped.

Nice hash seemed pretty decent and very simple.

Probably won't go back. Managed to bag an rtx3070 and sell my 5700xt for 2.5 times as much as the brand new card on ebay!!
How easy was it to research and set up?
Old 06-06-2021, 10:42 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
How easy was it to research and set up?
To view the link you have to Register or Login

I used that. As I say only a dabble. Had a look at a few options and got a bit lost in pools and various "coding" options to get it running. Abandoned those and gave nicehash a go. That was simple. Did it for a few weeks. Got the 3070 and stopped. Takes 24 hours for 1st withdrawal for security but other than that send my btc to binance no problem.
Old 08-06-2021, 06:23 PM
Señor Coconut

Neil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bitcoin looking cheap this afternoon. I bought.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:33 AM
Señor Coconut

El Salvador made Bitcoin legal tender yesterday. Huge geo-political implications. A chance to sever dependancy on US dollar. Paraguay, Argentina, Panama, Brazil, Nicaragua making soundings to do similar.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:40 AM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
El Salvador made Bitcoin legal tender yesterday. Huge geo-political implications. A chance to sever dependancy on US dollar. Paraguay, Argentina, Panama, Brazil, Nicaragua making soundings to do similar.
Lol oh really? So you can issue bonds in Bitcoin can you?
Old 09-06-2021, 07:44 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Pivotal moment. Either new highs or under 20k. Can drop another 50% from here.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:49 AM
Señor Coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
Lol oh really? So you can issue bonds in Bitcoin can you?
Bitcoin-backed bonds are commonplace these days. Microstrategy issued $400m of company bonds this week. Individuals, companies and (by implication) states borrow on Bitcoin.
Old 09-06-2021, 11:09 AM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Bitcoin-backed bonds are commonplace these days. Microstrategy issued $400m of company bonds this week. Individuals, companies and (by implication) states borrow on Bitcoin.
They're not borrowing in Bitcoin, they are issuing bonds in dollars to buy Bitcoin. It's something completely different.
Old 09-06-2021, 11:39 AM
Señor Coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
They're not borrowing in Bitcoin, they are issuing bonds in dollars to buy Bitcoin. It's something completely different.
Actually, Microstrategy is leveraging their existing bitcoin holdings (over $4Billion) in order to borrow more dollars to buy more bitcoin. So in that sense they are borrowing in bitcoin.
Old 09-06-2021, 01:09 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Actually, Microstrategy is leveraging their existing bitcoin holdings (over $4Billion) in order to borrow more dollars to buy more bitcoin. So in that sense they are borrowing in bitcoin.
So basically a junk bond and nothing to do with the underlying business. Pure speculation.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 22-06-2021, 05:14 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Another 10pct or thereabouts decline and I'm back to where I started back in February this year.

Interesting.... That might be the time to pour some more funds in.... it also may not be.

Decision time coming.... I'll let this lot ride no matter what.

Whether to up it or not is the question.
Old 22-06-2021, 10:14 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
I see Microstrategy has bought another 13k bitcoins at a cost of $489m. Average price paid $37.6k. Based on today's price a paper loss of $78m.

They are truly betting the farm on this coming good.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)