Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:09 PM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
Thanks for the tips Kentish Eagle and Chris K. I'm working my way through these videos.

In terms of trading platforms what are people here using? eToro, Coinbase??
Old 09-05-2021, 08:26 PM

KentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I use Binance and Crypto.com

It’s a volatile, crazy, sometimes scary market but it’s also great fun and hopefully hugely rewarding!
Old 09-05-2021, 08:30 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Is this not just betting on stuff none of us have any real ideas on?
Old 09-05-2021, 08:32 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieEagle View Post

My own issue is, the value I've made since placing my "bet" back in February, if that now falls way below the 350pct we've made thus far... does that count as a loss... or have I only lost when It falls below my initial "bet"
I would only count a loss against my initial outlay.
It’s why I’m mindful to take some some out and put back in a savings here.

I wish I’d had more money available when I first got into it a few years ago.

And re: Doge, annoyingly I set my sell just slightly higher than it went. I’d not intentions of sitting on Doge but had a couple of different sells set up. I’ve made a fair bit of dough from it but shame it couldn’t have been a couple of hundred more.
Old 09-05-2021, 09:54 PM
Señor Coconut

Neil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post

However, I would still maintain that it's naive to believe that any alternative currency can simply increase in value. Simple mathematics would show that this doesn't work.
Of course a currency can simply increase in value if what you are measuring it against is being exponentially inflated (i.e every fiat currency in the world). To find a more accurate measure of Bitcoin's value you have to measure it against commodities with a stable inflation rate, such as gold. It is also wrong to label Bitcoin as 'alternative' when its market cap now exceeds £ sterling (by that logic £ sterling is also alternative).
Old 09-05-2021, 10:19 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil 154 View Post
Of course a currency can simply increase in value if what you are measuring it against is being exponentially inflated (i.e every fiat currency in the world). To find a more accurate measure of Bitcoin's value you have to measure it against commodities with a stable inflation rate, such as gold. It is also wrong to label Bitcoin as 'alternative' when its market cap now exceeds £ sterling (by that logic £ sterling is also alternative).
Wow, I've heard it all now. You value one asset without an income stream by measuring it against another asset without an income stream. FWIW Sterling doesn't have a market cap.
Old 10-05-2021, 07:54 AM
Señor Coconut

Neil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
Wow, I've heard it all now. You value one asset without an income stream by measuring it against another asset without an income stream. FWIW Sterling doesn't have a market cap.
What do you mean you can't value an asset without an income stream? FWIW I didn't say Sterling has a market cap , but you can create one by multiplying its circulation against USD, as in the Deutsche Bank report in March. They state "In terms of total currency in circulation, Bitcoin is one of the major currencies in the world, after the US
dollar and the euro. This is mainly due to the vast increase in Bitcoin’s value recently. In early 2019, Bitcoin
represented “only” 3% of the US dollars in circulation, but in February 2021 it surged beyond 40% of the US
dollars in circulation. "

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 10-05-2021, 08:00 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Is this not just betting on stuff none of us have any real ideas on?
essentially yes. Some have real tech behind it. most are genuinely bullshit.

There are so many variables and risks to even the best tech it is.... betting on what the number on the screen will do next.

You can make some informed decisions but often that will be blown away by a random tweet or popular reddit meme
Old 10-05-2021, 10:27 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Can someone confirm something on capital gains tax?

Do you get 12300 exempt? I.e regardless of Salary you still get that amount free before you pay any CGT?
Old 10-05-2021, 12:41 PM

OneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Can someone give me some advice. Obviously I'm a noob and put small amounts in to just see how things do. I put $40 in VET. Then stupidly put it in trust wallet. Realised probably could put it somewhere better so decided to pull it out but can't transfer back to binance because I don't have enough VTHO. it says I need 21 VTHO but I have had it for nearly a month and don't even have 1 yet.

Can't see how to convert other coins to it or buy more??!

What am I doing wrong?
Old 12-05-2021, 11:00 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Tesla stops accepting payment in Bitcoin and the crypto markets go off into a panic sell-off. Wants to look at crypto with less than 1% energy consumption that BTC has. Looks like XRP, Doge & Cardano that for the category.
Old 13-05-2021, 05:51 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Tesla stops accepting payment in Bitcoin and the crypto markets go off into a panic sell-off. Wants to look at crypto with less than 1% energy consumption that BTC has. Looks like XRP, Doge & Cardano that for the category.
What's Musk up to? He surely knew this before now and with the whole Doge thing he seems to be playing with the market...
Old 13-05-2021, 05:53 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
What's Musk up to? He surely knew this before now and with the whole Doge thing he seems to be playing with the market...
Doesn't he do this every now again with his own stocks, then rebuys them cheap, and all his weirdo fans applaud him for being such a tosser?
Old 13-05-2021, 06:31 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Nano for the win!!! Best tech by far... hes a tech fan boy!! Has to be

Also "has to be" is a warning sign in crypto so I will look at alternatives but it screams NANO. I am genuinely exited right now and tempted to get more.
Old 13-05-2021, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Doesn't he do this every now again with his own stocks, then rebuys them cheap, and all his weirdo fans applaud him for being such a tosser?
Completely. But it drives huge gains if you get in early. Its pumps and dumps!!
Old 13-05-2021, 06:33 AM

And nano has jumped 30% on the news. I made 1500 while I was asleep
Old 13-05-2021, 07:28 AM

KentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
It is and always has been XRP.
Old 13-05-2021, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentishEagle View Post
It is and always has been XRP.
perhaps but nano can grow 1000x and have a realistic market cap.

Xrp 5x? maybe?

not bad but dont forget to allow for cap limitations
Old 13-05-2021, 07:50 AM
Señor Coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Completely. But it drives huge gains if you get in early. Its pumps and dumps!!
So you buy Nano now in the hope that one day Elon Musk will announce that his company accepts it as payment so you can give it all to him??? Why would you trade an appreciating asset (as you argue Nano is) for a deprecating one (a car)?
Old 13-05-2021, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil 154 View Post
So you buy Nano now in the hope that one day Elon Musk will announce that his company accepts it as payment so you can give it all to him??? Why would you trade an appreciating asset (as you argue Nano is) for a deprecating one (a car)?
For such a btc fan boy you are looking at this in a bizzare way. No offence but you've talked up btc based on its potential for adoption. 99% is hype, pump and dump. As we hopefully all know and its gambling. Tbe exception is if one of these coins gets mass adoption. That starts with one company.

Today is maybe a 5% boost on that happening. One big step in many needed. However.. it is also likely to be fuel to the fire of a massive pump.