Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 26-10-2006, 08:39 AM

KentExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKentExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKentExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKentExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKentExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKentExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKentExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKentExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKentExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKentExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKentExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by orp pisshead1
But surely part n parcel of being a fan is following your team through good n bad times? this applies to both palace n bromley.
I thought somebody would try to play the loyality card, just as Palace play on it.

I have had a season ticket for 22 years out of 26 years, good times & bad, so I don't need to be told about loyality. As I said before I'm not being made a mug of by Palace any more.
Old 26-10-2006, 08:43 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by KentExpress
I thought somebody would try to play the loyality card, just as Palace play on it.

I have had a season ticket for 22 years out of 26 years, good times & bad, so I don't need to be told about loyality. As I said before I'm not being made a mug of by Palace any more.
Fair enough , but won't you miss the away games? , no need for season ticket then.
Old 26-10-2006, 10:23 AM
Wellington NZ

TN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally posted by monkey
blowing a Palace home game out to go to a Bromley game? something I'd never do!!!
I missed the last "big" game of Bromleys due to attending a very important Palace match. This was when Bromley won promotion to the Ryman Premier in the playoff final. Meanwhile I was sitting at Selhurst watching Southampton score the late late equaliser that relegated us from the Premier. I was getting texts from my brother at watching Bromley saying what a cracking match it was!

Where as last time I felt I had to be at Selhurst to cheer on the boys to stay in the Premier, In my view there's more on offer away at Grays in the FA Cup this weekend with Bromley than Palace at home to Plymouth. My Season ticket will be used by a mate who doesn't get to matches too often so it works OK. Anyway visiting a new away ground (even with Bromley) to me is more exciting than going to Selhurst at the moment, even though Bromley are going to get hammered.

Each to their own and all that.
Old 26-10-2006, 11:13 AM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by TN16_Eagle
I missed the last "big" game of Bromleys due to attending a very important Palace match. This was when Bromley won promotion to the Ryman Premier in the playoff final. Meanwhile I was sitting at Selhurst watching Southampton score the late late equaliser that relegated us from the Premier. I was getting texts from my brother at watching Bromley saying what a cracking match it was!
Based on the evidence of the game before, that god-awful semi against Met Police - possibly one of the worst games of football I've ever seen in my life - I can quite see why you thought Southampton was a better option at the time! Funny how things work out...
Old 26-10-2006, 02:54 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by TN16_Eagle

Where as last time I felt I had to be at Selhurst to cheer on the boys to stay in the Premier, In my view there's more on offer away at Grays in the FA Cup this weekend with Bromley than Palace at home to Plymouth. My Season ticket will be used by a mate who doesn't get to matches too often so it works OK. Anyway visiting a new away ground (even with Bromley) to me is more exciting than going to Selhurst at the moment, even though Bromley are going to get hammered.

Each to their own and all that.
I completely understand where your coming from,you pays your money and you takes your choice,when you sit at selhurst bored week after week year after year Its nice to have another option thats cheap and hassle free

Its the poor sods that pay 30/40 squid a game at palace that i feel sorry for,I certainly wouldn't be doing half the home games i do now If i didn't have my cheap season ticket
Old 26-10-2006, 05:07 PM
Wellington NZ

TN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Bromley Times Preview FA Cup

Goldberg: 'We have nothing to fear in Cup'
26 October 2006

FANS travelling to Bromley's eagerly anticipated FA Cup meeting at Grays on Saturday shouldn't expect a 0-0 draw according to Lillies boss Mark Goldberg.

A lack of goals has not been a problem for either side with Bromley and the Conference big spenders both scoring six last weekend.

Bromley's half dozen came in their entertaining FA Trophy success over East Thurrock - a result based largely on a stunning second-half performance from Gareth Williams.

Williams entered the field of play after a first-half injury to Adrian Stone and went on to help himself to a hat-trick in the space of four second half minutes.

An impressed Goldberg said: "It was sensational stuff from Gareth because not only did he score three, he also got into some great areas to put in a couple of brilliant crosses.

"It was as special a second half performance as I have seen for a long time, although the game itself was perhaps a little bit too exciting for my liking.

"I was a little bit disappointed with how vulnerable we were at the back and there were a couple of mistakes that we were punished for. However, it was also pleasing to score six goals and win comfortably."

The only downside for Bromley was the injury to Stone, who suffered a double-fracture on his leg that will see him on the sidelines for several months.

"He went in for a 50-50 ball and if he hadn't won it, we would not have scored," added Goldberg. "It was a very brave decision."

Now all attention turns to this weekend's trip to Essex and Goldberg knows exactly what is at stake with Bromley just 90 minutes away from potential League opposition.

"It's extremely important both commercially to the club and also because it gives us a chance to measure our progress against a higher league team.

"I think it is a tribute to the chairman and the investment he has made over recent years that we are in this position and hopefully he will be rewarded with at least a draw on Saturday."

The boss claims his side have nothing to fear at Grays and doesn't read anything into their recent 6-0 triumph at St. Albans.

He added: "They scored six but then so did we, so there is nothing to fear."

Striker Tony Boot will miss the game with a thigh strain with Lloyd Blackman set to face a late fitness test on his hamstring.
Old 27-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Wellington NZ

Well i've got places to be and wont be on the BBS until after Bromley's FA Cup 4th Qualifying round tie away at Grays of the Conference tomorrow - best of luck to the boys. It's going to be a bloody difficult match and I can't honestly see us getting anything out of it but it's the FA Cup and with the likes of Bobby Bowry, Gareth Williams and Simon Osbourne in the side who knows?

BROOOOOOM!
Old 27-10-2006, 09:32 PM

cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982
11/2 tomorrow, bob reckons its a good price.
Old 28-10-2006, 04:18 PM

Jammy is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandJammy is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandJammy is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandJammy is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandJammy is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandJammy is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandJammy is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandJammy is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandJammy is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandJammy is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandJammy is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Brilliant result today.

And the Gills in 1st Round proper.
Old 28-10-2006, 04:21 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Jammy
Brilliant result today.

And the Gills in 1st Round proper.
Well what was the bloody score? I saw it was 2-2 at half time.

Can't find the final yet. I'm taking it we won!
Old 28-10-2006, 04:22 PM

Jammy is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandJammy is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandJammy is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandJammy is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandJammy is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandJammy is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandJammy is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandJammy is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandJammy is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandJammy is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandJammy is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
I havent seen it either but Trevor Brooking read out Bromley so its official. Away aswell.
Old 28-10-2006, 04:47 PM

from the bbc
Grays Athletic 1-2 Bromley FT
Boylan 32
Blackman 12
Blackman 39
Old 28-10-2006, 05:49 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Jammy
from the bbc
Grays Athletic 1-2 Bromley FT
Boylan 32
Blackman 12
Blackman 39
Good old BBC... said it was 2-2 at half time, but did only have one goalscorer for Grays.
Old 28-10-2006, 05:55 PM

UN_LUKE knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!UN_LUKE knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!UN_LUKE knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!UN_LUKE knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!UN_LUKE knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!UN_LUKE knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!UN_LUKE knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!UN_LUKE knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!UN_LUKE knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!UN_LUKE knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!UN_LUKE knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
Kevin (TN16 EAGLE) please get me a ticket for the bromley gills game..

anyone else got so bored of palace over the years, i find myself more interested in the bromley results.. i feel like im cheating on my wife, and i like it
Old 28-10-2006, 06:40 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by UN_LUKE
Kevin (TN16 EAGLE) please get me a ticket for the bromley gills game..

anyone else got so bored of palace over the years, i find myself more interested in the bromley results.. i feel like im cheating on my wife, and i like it
Brilliant result and much needed after our poor performance today, thought the draw was on monday re: f a cup 1st round?
Old 28-10-2006, 06:43 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally posted by orp pisshead1
Brilliant result and much needed after our poor performance today, thought the draw was on monday re: f a cup 1st round?
I think some people are getting ahead of themselves.
Old 28-10-2006, 06:45 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog
I think some people are getting ahead of themselves.
I guess not!

Bournemouth v Boston Utd
Wycombe v Oxford Utd
Peterborough v Rotherham
Torquay v Leatherhead
Morecambe v Kidderminster
Tranmere v Woking
Salisbury v Fleetwood
Chelmsford v Aldershot Tn
Weymouth v Bury
Nottm Forest v Yeading
Stafford Rangers v Maidenhead Utd
Shrewsbury v Hereford
Northampton v Grimsby
Wrexham v Stevenage
Chesterfield v Worcester or Basingstoke
Gainsborough v Barnet
Lewes v Darlington
Clevedon v Chester
Barrow v Bristol Rovers
Rushden & Diamonds v Yeovil
Burton Albion v Tamworth
Farsley Celtic v MK Dons
Brentford v Doncaster
Gillingham v Bromley
York v Bristol City
Dover Athletic or Bishop Stortford v Kings Lynn
Exeter v Stockport
Newport County v Swansea
Kettering v Oldham
Rochdale v Hartlepool
Brighton v Northwich Vic
Mansfield v Accrington Stanley
Cheltenham v Scunthorpe
Macclesfield v Walsall
Bradford v Crewe
Leyton Orient v Notts County
Swindon v Carlisle
Huddersfield v Blackpool
Havant & Waterlooville v Millwall
Port Vale v Lincoln City
Old 28-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Magnificent moustache

the elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I must admit at the moment I'd prefer to go and watch Bromley put a bit of effort in at Gillingham and probably get beat than to be at Selhurst to watch Palace put in no effort and have Stoke murder us.
Old 28-10-2006, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog
I guess not!

Bournemouth v Boston Utd
Wycombe v Oxford Utd
Peterborough v Rotherham
Torquay v Leatherhead
Morecambe v Kidderminster
Tranmere v Woking
Salisbury v Fleetwood
Chelmsford v Aldershot Tn
Weymouth v Bury
Nottm Forest v Yeading
Stafford Rangers v Maidenhead Utd
Shrewsbury v Hereford
Northampton v Grimsby
Wrexham v Stevenage
Chesterfield v Worcester or Basingstoke
Gainsborough v Barnet
Lewes v Darlington
Clevedon v Chester
Barrow v Bristol Rovers
Rushden & Diamonds v Yeovil
Burton Albion v Tamworth
Farsley Celtic v MK Dons
Brentford v Doncaster
Gillingham v Bromley
York v Bristol City
Dover Athletic or Bishop Stortford v Kings Lynn
Exeter v Stockport
Newport County v Swansea
Kettering v Oldham
Rochdale v Hartlepool
Brighton v Northwich Vic
Mansfield v Accrington Stanley
Cheltenham v Scunthorpe
Macclesfield v Walsall
Bradford v Crewe
Leyton Orient v Notts County
Swindon v Carlisle
Huddersfield v Blackpool
Havant & Waterlooville v Millwall
Port Vale v Lincoln City
Nice one hedgehog , shame its away. I guess the welsh derby is the stand out fixture.
Old 28-10-2006, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by the elusive k
I must admit at the moment I'd prefer to go and watch Bromley put a bit of effort in at Gillingham and probably get beat than to be at Selhurst to watch Palace put in no effort and have Stoke murder us.
So we are at home to stoke that day, it then gillingham away it is , it's a one off fixture where as we'll be playing stoke next season