Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 07-11-2006, 10:35 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by TN16_Eagle
Saturday 25th November, originally the AFC Wombles home match, but postponed as AFC through to next round of Trophy already.

Bromley are 9/1 for the win with bet365, and 4/1 for the draw.

I'll be having some of that.
Cheers TN16.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Wellington NZ

TN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
From Newsshopper today

Lillywhites cannot wait for Gills

THIS weekend, a small part of Gillingham's Priestfield Stadium will be forever Bromley.

Mark Goldberg is taking his men into deepest Kent for the mouth watering FA Cup First Round Proper clash against the League One side.

It is their reward for an excellent 2-1 win over Nationwide Conference side Grays Athletic in the previous round.

Gillingham are a mind-boggling 80 places higher than Bromley in football's league hierarchy but Goldberg is not put off.

He said: "We're delighted with the draw.

"Commercially it means a lot to the club, it would have been nice to have a spot on television because it would have made a lot of difference to our chairman but we're very happy we have a big game.

"Just to participate in a big game in the FA Cup is an exciting prospect."

He added: "To earn at least a draw and bring them back to Hayes Lane would be our target and on our day we're capable of upsetting football league sides.

"Having said this, we have put in a lot of work and preparation and let's hope it carries us through this time as well."

Chairman Jerry Dolke said: "When the draw was made I thought we were going to be on TV.

"It is a fantastic achievement."

Last edited by TN16_Eagle; 07-11-2006 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:27 PM

Clapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think the Guardian are looking to do a piece on Goldberg
Old 07-11-2006, 09:21 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
when i got to training tonight, there was a squad of about 16 players plus coaches usurping a bit of our pitch. i was furious, until i was told it was bromley fc! god knows what they're doing training in wallington. wanted to wish them good luck (and check it was actually them) but didn't get a chance, but the barstaff informed me they'd be back next week.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:53 AM
Wellington NZ

TN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally posted by tasty_snacks
when i got to training tonight, there was a squad of about 16 players plus coaches usurping a bit of our pitch. i was furious, until i was told it was bromley fc! god knows what they're doing training in wallington. wanted to wish them good luck (and check it was actually them) but didn't get a chance, but the barstaff informed me they'd be back next week.
I think they usually train at Hayes Lane during the week, but Cray Wanderers probably had a home match last night.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Mashed Up

Dario belongs to OllieDario belongs to OllieDario belongs to OllieDario belongs to OllieDario belongs to OllieDario belongs to OllieDario belongs to OllieDario belongs to OllieDario belongs to OllieDario belongs to OllieDario belongs to Ollie
How much is it to get in tonight?
Old 08-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Wellington NZ

Quote:
Originally posted by Dario
How much is it to get in tonight?
Definately 8 for adults, and I think 4 for concessions. Should be another competitive match tonight as it was at Tooting on Saturday. There are lots of Tooting and Bromley connections (former management team and seven players in the Tooting squad that have played for Bromley!)

I will be interested to see what team we field with Saturday in mind. All the talk will be of Saturday in the bar, but if we get past this tie we have a good chance of a good run in the FA Trophy.

With so many Cup matches this season I'm struggling to remember the last Ryman League match I went to.

Last edited by TN16_Eagle; 08-11-2006 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:48 AM

andy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
From Newsshopper today

Lillywhites cannot wait for Gills

THIS weekend, a small part of Gillingham's Priestfield Stadium will be forever Bromley.

Mark Goldberg is taking his men into deepest Kent for the mouth watering FA Cup First Round Proper clash against the League One side.

It is their reward for an excellent 2-1 win over Nationwide Conference side Grays Athletic in the previous round.

Gillingham are a mind-boggling 80 places higher than Bromley in football's league hierarchy but Goldberg is not put off.

He said: "We're delighted with the draw.

"Commercially it means a lot to the club, it would have been nice to have a spot on television because it would have made a lot of difference to our chairman but we're very happy we have a big game.

"Just to participate in a big game in the FA Cup is an exciting prospect."

He added: "To earn at least a draw and bring them back to Hayes Lane would be our target and on our day we're capable of upsetting football league sides.

"Having said this, we have put in a lot of work and preparation and let's hope it carries us through this time as well."

Chairman Jerry Dolke said: "When the draw was made I thought we were going to be on TV.

"It is a fantastic achievement."
Can someone tell me exactly how massive game actually is, and whether there is any history or bad blood between the two sides? Is there likely to be trouble?
Old 08-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Mashed Up

Dario belongs to OllieDario belongs to OllieDario belongs to OllieDario belongs to OllieDario belongs to OllieDario belongs to OllieDario belongs to OllieDario belongs to OllieDario belongs to OllieDario belongs to OllieDario belongs to Ollie
Cool cheers, I can still get Gills tickets tonight also?
Old 08-11-2006, 12:01 PM
Wellington NZ

Quote:
Cool cheers, I can still get Gills tickets tonight also?
Gillingham tickets are on sale tonight.

17 adult,
15 student/OAP
10 Under 16's
5 Under 7's

I'd advise you bring ID for any non 17 tickets you are buying, cos as you can appreciate Bromley are keen to make as much from this Cup tie as possible.

I should be on commision.

Last edited by TN16_Eagle; 08-11-2006 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Wellington NZ

Quote:
Originally posted by andy m
Can someone tell me exactly how massive game actually is, and whether there is any history or bad blood between the two sides? Is there likely to be trouble?
I think you might be missing the point.

League 1 - Gillingham FC, professional team, train 5 days a week, average attendance of 5000 or so, looking to reach the playoffs.

League 2

Conference

Conference South

Ryman Premier - Bromley FC, players train twice a week, average attendance of 550 or so, played four qualifying matches just to reach this stage.

It's all about playing a professional team four tiers above us, the income it generates the club (1/3 of gate receipts) the magic of the FA Cup and the remote chance of an upset. As it happens we beat them in a Pre season playoff match at Hayes Lane this year - not that that counts for much on Saturday.

The Gills fans have been complimentary about Bromley on their fans forums and are predicting a tough match. This is in marked contrast to Conference side Grays who we played away in the 4th Qualifying round and won 2-1. They predicted wins by six or seven clear goals!

Last edited by TN16_Eagle; 08-11-2006 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Mashed Up

Quote:
Gillingham tickets are on sale tonight.

17 adult,
15 student/OAP
10 Under 16's
5 Under 7's

I'd advise you bring ID for any non 17 tickets you are buying, cos as you can appreciate Bromley are keen to make as much from this Cup tie as possible.

I should be on commision.
And there was I thinking that you were working for them?
Thanks for the info, although the days of blagging concessions are long gone. Looking forward to watching some "decent" football for a change
Old 08-11-2006, 12:23 PM

andy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I think you might be missing the point.

League 1 - Gillingham FC, professional team, train 5 days a week, average attendance of 5000 or so, looking to reach the playoffs.

League 2

Conference

Conference South

Ryman Premier - Bromley FC, players train twice a week, average attendance of 550 or so, played four qualifying matches just to reach this stage.

It's all about playing a professional team four tiers above us, the income it generates the club (1/3 of gate receipts) the magic of the FA Cup and the remote chance of an upset. As it happens we beat them in a Pre season playoff match at Hayes Lane this year - not that that counts for much on Saturday.

The Gills fans have been complimentary about Bromley on their fans forums and are predicting a tough match. This is in marked contrast to Conference side Grays who we played away in the 4th Qualifying round and won 2-1. They predicted wins by six or seven clear goals!
I promise you I'm not missing the point. As a football fan I understand all of what you say and I'm genuinely thrilled for Bromley and their fans. There was a purpose behind my question other than to downplay what will be a fantastic occasion. I take from your post that the answer to my question is "no, there is no history or bad blood, and no liklihood of trouble"?
Old 08-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Wellington NZ

Quote:
Originally posted by andy m
I take from your post that the answer to my question is "no, there is no history or bad blood, and no liklihood of trouble"?
Indeed.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:03 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
TN16_Eagle

Can you PM me please. Some news.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Wellington NZ

Quote:
Originally posted by eagle mart
TN16_Eagle

Can you PM me please. Some news.
Have done.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:30 PM

Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0

We're black we're white we're f***ing dynamite, bromley bromley.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Wellington NZ

Quote:
Originally posted by Arthur Dent

We're black we're white we're f***ing dynamite, bromley bromley.
Indeed we are Arthur, indeed we are.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Mashed Up

What is a good away pub to frequent on Saturday?
Old 08-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Wellington NZ

Quote:
What is a good away pub to frequent on Saturday?
OUR pub for Saturday at Gillingham - The Livingstone Arms

GILLINGHAM -v- BROMLEY FC - Sat 11/11
WHERE SHOULD YOU GO FOR A COLD BEER & "COMPLIMENTARY" BAR FOOD WHEN VISITING GILLINGHAM ON SATURDAY?

Well let me invite you to the LIVINGSTONE ARMS.

We are known as the "away supporters" pub even though we do welcome and have a few home fans in. We are 100 yards away from Gillingham Football Ground, 5mins or so from the train station, 10ins away from where the coaches park up.

We are well known for our warm welcome, brilliant atmosphere, friendly staff and of course "complimentary" bar food which consists of hot roast potatoes, sausages and not forgetting the onion rings!! So if you would like a cold beer or two and eat for free then why not visit us on Saturday. (Unfortunately you do have to pay for the cold beer though)!!!

Thanks for taking the time to read this message and hope to see you on Saturday.

Michelle
(Landlady)

COMPLIMENTARY FOOD?! I think ive found my new local. See you in there folks!

Dario keep an eye on
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by TN16_Eagle; 08-11-2006 at 02:22 PM.