Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 21-08-2016, 11:46 AM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
I think he may have to switch back to the right for a bit of confidence. His left foot obviously needs work, and being able to beat his man and swing in crosses for Benteke will help it. Big season for Wilf. But the desire and ability is still there.
Old 21-08-2016, 12:10 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Pardew is not helping him by playing him on the left. He's much better on the right. Sadly, another poor tactical decision.
Old 21-08-2016, 12:19 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroncpfc View Post
Whilst I think pony is a big exaggeration I do think he's overrated by many on here. He's a mid table Premier League player, nothing more nothing less.
Which is actually above where we are at the moment . Wouldn't say Wilf was poor yesterday but I did get frustrated on two occasions second half when Wickham and Lee were both in the box () and he didn't deliver a cross. However, those who reckon Taylor, Vince and Salako were better should think about their expectation levels. Even if I agreed about all three of the above (which I don't but Taylor was class), they represented Palace for about 15 of the last 43 seasons. Players like Wilf don't come along to us on a regular basis and yet some fools on here want him out? Probably the same bunch that reckon Townsend is such a better player than both Wilf and Yala....thought Townsend was bang average yesterday, as I expected him to be!
Old 21-08-2016, 12:22 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogleboy View Post
Horse
Need to ask Moyeses daughter.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 21-08-2016, 12:29 PM

old geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hung like a donkey
Old 21-08-2016, 12:36 PM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPulis View Post
I don't get this love for him the bloke is bang average. Terrible attitude and has no basic football intelligence needs replacing.
Wish someone would replace you so we never hear from you again.
Old 21-08-2016, 12:40 PM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
He wasn't great yesterday, but was still the only player that looked likely to make something happen, and the only player that seemed to frighten the opposition. This thread is way over the top and I'm amazed at how harsh some of the criticism is for a player that is palace through and through.

Yes he can be frustrating but the cliche about him only being our player because his end product is lacking is 100% accurate. If he consistently produced end product he'd be at a top 6 club. He does the hard bit- in that he can beat players and make space for a cross but the often fails to do the simple but and deliver with any quality when he's made half a yard.

If I managed Zaha- he would spend a couple of hours every day whipping balls in whilst running at full pace to the byline. It's amazing that somebody with such talent with the ball at his feet can't master what is quite a generic attribute. If he got that right he would be bordering world class. I'm sure people will destroy me for that opinion, but I believe second in Europe in terms of take ons- so if he could improve his crossing (and shooting) he would be unplayable.
Old 21-08-2016, 12:53 PM

PalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty View Post
He wasn't great yesterday, but was still the only player that looked likely to make something happen, and the only player that seemed to frighten the opposition. This thread is way over the top and I'm amazed at how harsh some of the criticism is for a player that is palace through and through.

Yes he can be frustrating but the cliche about him only being our player because his end product is lacking is 100% accurate. If he consistently produced end product he'd be at a top 6 club. He does the hard bit- in that he can beat players and make space for a cross but the often fails to do the simple but and deliver with any quality when he's made half a yard.

If I managed Zaha- he would spend a couple of hours every day whipping balls in whilst running at full pace to the byline. It's amazing that somebody with such talent with the ball at his feet can't master what is quite a generic attribute. If he got that right he would be bordering world class. I'm sure people will destroy me for that opinion, but I believe second in Europe in terms of take ons- so if he could improve his crossing (and shooting) he would be unplayable.

There must be something wrong with the coaching, either that or he just doesn't listen. In terms of taking defenders on and being able to beat them, he's brilliant, surely he must be able to be coached into crossing it aerially to the zone near the penalty spot.

Still more than warrants a place in our line-up whatever others say on here.
Old 21-08-2016, 01:19 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Pardew is not helping him by playing him on the left. He's much better on the right. Sadly, another poor tactical decision.
Started on the right yesterday and stayed there for half an hour but had no joy at all
Old 21-08-2016, 01:37 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
I think he may have to switch back to the right for a bit of confidence. His left foot obviously needs work, and being able to beat his man and swing in crosses for Benteke will help it. Big season for Wilf. But the desire and ability is still there.
He had half an hour on the right and produced nothing then either.
Old 21-08-2016, 05:53 PM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
2 goals and 2 assists all last season .No end product.

Hes reached his "peak". Hes 24 not 19.

He rarely crosses well on his left. Always looking for the foul as he knows he can't do anything if he beats someone. Physically weak, always making wrong decisions... Give Kai Kai a go
Old 21-08-2016, 06:00 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is here
One of the reasons I love going to palace is to see Zaha play. Funny how we see things differently.
Old 21-08-2016, 06:14 PM
Certified Grumpy

T.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty View Post
He wasn't great yesterday, but was still the only player that looked likely to make something happen
This is the trouble isn't that he only ever looks likely to make something happen.

He doesn't seem to improve and probably will never develop into the player that we/he wants.

I jut get annoyed with him now.
Old 21-08-2016, 10:52 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
He was running on empty in the latter stages of the game having been fouled at least 10 times when was looking to burst down the wing and Spurs had definitely targeted him as a threat.

Michael Oliver offered Wilf no protection from this disgusting treatment.
Old 21-08-2016, 11:01 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
He was running on empty in the latter stages of the game having been fouled at least 10 times when was looking to burst down the wing and Spurs had definitely targeted him as a threat.

Michael Oliver offered Wilf no protection from this disgusting treatment.
It's no different from what we do to danger players and is part of the game. Wilf needs to learn to deal with it rather than moaning to the ref about it.
Old 21-08-2016, 11:01 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
I would rather watch Zaha play instead of Townsend 99 times out of 100.
Old 21-08-2016, 11:21 PM
Bring Back the Evil Sash

Chas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I like Zaha, but he was far too predictable vs. Spurs. All they had to do was stand to his right, and wait for him to cut it back straight toward them. It happened too many times to count.
Old 22-08-2016, 08:20 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Tackling a player from behind when they are running with the ball and then hacking them down is a red card offence, but apparently not if you were playing for Spurs on Saturday according to Michael Oliver.

That is not part and parcel of the game and the officials are there to protect players from this going on.
Old 22-08-2016, 08:46 AM
The Seventh Son

Scoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Like Ward, Zaha needs someone in reserve pushing him to retain his place. A few players playing like there is little competition at the moment.
Old 22-08-2016, 08:52 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Tackling a player from behind when they are running with the ball and then hacking them down is a red card offence, but apparently not if you were playing for Spurs on Saturday according to Michael Oliver.

That is not part and parcel of the game and the officials are there to protect players from this going on.
Wilf did a beauty of those on their CB when he seemed to have lost it. He got a yellow which I thought was fair enough. The daftest one was Townsend's where he walked up to the linesman and got right in his face. 1-he must know that was always out of order, 2-they changed the rules and explicitly ruled this out, so.... And 3- a little guy doing this (like AT) just looks stupid. Surprised at him TBH.