Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 04-09-2013, 01:57 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

I got myself the Ableton Push controller. So, I've been learning that as well as Ableton itself. I've use FL in the past, but this Push has forced me to learn Ableton. I'm just screwing around right now while I'm learning, but this thing is pretty cool.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:38 PM

Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post

I got myself the Ableton Push controller. So, I've been learning that as well as Ableton itself.
how are you getting on with the push, i've heard good things. have a novation launchpad at the moment but I gather the push is a whole other animal.

Just put out a little electro/glitchy track from an EP i'm releasing next week -

XBox Live Gamertag - RuptureRapture
twitter - @rupturerapture
last.fm - rupturerapture
Old 11-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupture View Post
how are you getting on with the push, i've heard good things. have a novation launchpad at the moment but I gather the push is a whole other animal.
It's great, it is a sequencer and a controller. So you can develop the whole song on the Push if you want. I have a lot of learning to do, but I love the 64 pad arrangement compared to a traditional keyboard. What clinched it for me was watching a video of two people making a song from scratch in 30 minutes, with vocals included. Of course, they spent who knows how much time later perfecting it. But, if you have 30 minutes or so:

Old 05-12-2013, 12:32 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A DnB mix from me...

Old 05-12-2013, 12:38 PM

MikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

'tis rather brilliant for Christmas presents...
Old 09-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Old 19-12-2013, 07:43 PM

StanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine

My crack at The Clash's Rebel Waltz
Old 16-05-2014, 03:24 PM

Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget
my bands new single 'warrior' -

album 'The Concerns Of Mortal Man' out 26/05.

last.fm - rupturerapture
Old 02-06-2014, 05:28 PM
Panty Organizer

The American Dream is the perfect sample:

Old 29-08-2014, 01:37 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here

Not mixed but fun none the less
Old 29-08-2014, 05:42 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Ah, it works now. This is a demo of some Logic plugins.

Old 15-09-2014, 02:40 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:

Just put out a little electro/glitchy track from an EP i'm releasing next week -

Just checked out your Soundcloud. Had a listen to this track ...

I'm intrigued. You have 329 plays and 145 comments but only 14 likes.

That's really weird. Usually only a few people comment and more just click like. But for most artists the 'likes' are usually around 10% of the plays. The rest of the tracks on your page reflect these kind of normal stats. I have to ask ... did you test use one of those dodgy marketing companies?
Old 15-09-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
Just checked out your Soundcloud. Had a listen to this track ...

I'm intrigued. You have 329 plays and 145 comments but only 14 likes.

That's really weird. Usually only a few people comment and more just click like. But for most artists the 'likes' are usually around 10% of the plays. The rest of the tracks on your page reflect these kind of normal stats. I have to ask ... did you test use one of those dodgy marketing companies?
Hi. yeah the stats do look weird. It's not a dodgy marketing company but i did use a tool / website.

It's called cloudkillers - To view the link you have to Register or Login - it's basically a music production community based around soundcloud. You log in through the site and listen to tracks and comment on them, the more you comment on the more likely that your track will be put in rotation for other users to listen / comment on.

I used that track as a tester for something i'm releasing in the near future and seemed to work quite well, as it's used by other DJs / Producers lots of the comments are based around production and can actually be quite helpful.

worth checking out, takes a few comments to get it going but you get back what you put in and it's good to get back (mostly) constructive feedback.

last.fm - rupturerapture
Old 15-09-2014, 03:39 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
what tool should i be using on Mac for decent mixes and mashups these days?
Old 15-09-2014, 03:52 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
Hi. yeah the stats do look weird. It's not a dodgy marketing company but i did use a tool / website.

It's called cloudkillers - To view the link you have to Register or Login - it's basically a music production community based around soundcloud. You log in through the site and listen to tracks and comment on them, the more you comment on the more likely that your track will be put in rotation for other users to listen / comment on.

I used that track as a tester for something i'm releasing in the near future and seemed to work quite well, as it's used by other DJs / Producers lots of the comments are based around production and can actually be quite helpful.

worth checking out, takes a few comments to get it going but you get back what you put in and it's good to get back (mostly) constructive feedback.
Got it. Makes sense. Thanks for explaining. Was really racking my brains trying to work it out!
Old 15-09-2014, 03:53 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
what tool should i be using on Mac for decent mixes and mashups these days?
Pretty sure everyone just uses Ableton these days ...
Old 21-09-2014, 10:09 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Here's a little downtempo bootie I did using the Soul II Soul Keep On Movin accapella.

Old 26-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Please be gentle
Old 26-09-2014, 05:02 PM

HOPE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOPE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOPE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOPE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOPE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOPE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOPE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOPE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOPE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOPE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOPE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I listened till the end its a from me
Old 26-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Thanks