Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 15-06-2021, 10:09 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan View Post
People do have the right to boo of course, you can’t exactly make it illegal. Even so, this comment from the HS just underlines what a nasty piece of work she is.
Its not illegal (as in a criminal offence) however that doesn't mean its not sufficent to get someone ejected from the ground or subject to a ban (as that would be under very different legislation rather than under the Criminal Code).

So whilst booing might not be a crime, its certainly within the scope for a clubs stewards to eject you from the stadium, and for you to receive a ban by the club from attending games (these being under business legislation, allow for a lot more scope of authority than under criminal offences.

it might even fall under the various Football Order legislations (where remember you can get thrown out of a game for standing up...).

But what really concerns me most, is the failure of government to show support for initiatives, that support existing legal and social ideals or to come out on one side of the argument or another. Because what they really care about is retaining votes (They want to appeal to those who support the initiatives, those who don't and those who's objection is more 'sinister').

Government should not 'be fence sitters' on domestic social issues.

Last edited by dogstar721; 15-06-2021 at 10:14 AM.
Old 15-06-2021, 10:22 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
No I think she's trying to be as far right as possible, to appeal to those in her party who don't like brown people.
I don't think many of them are so much far right as 'authoritarian' which is odd, because for his entire political career Johnson was among the most liberal off Conservative ministers (even Cameron regarded Johnson as more centralist than himself on issues of identity and social freedoms).

They're not far right but they've certainly enabled far right 'issues' to the point of trivialising the Conservative party as a Democratic institution and party of responsible government. If you'd have said in the 90s, we'd see a Conservative government more right wing and authoritarian leaning than Thatcher, that had less concern for citizens rights, I'd have thought you were mad.
Old 15-06-2021, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Spain vs Sweden, no players (including Prem-based ones) took the knee.

No comment.
Is it a national initiative with their FAs though? What are race-relations between the Police in Sweden like etc.

Ultimately though, I don't really care what other countries at a Tournament do - Only what mine does. The FA have gone in big on racial initiatives, it makes sense to me that the England team do as well.
Old 15-06-2021, 11:41 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Some great objective posts, dogstar.

I've been reading that Preti Petal, who "may not be so popular on here", has support in her own community. A lot turned away from Labour and supported the Tories in the last few elections. I read Kashmir, and Labours stance on it did not help.

Yep, you can boo anything, but when you are booing a group of people supporting anti-racism, the perception is not a good look, even if it is political.

She should have kept her nose out.
Old 15-06-2021, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
You think she should think a certain way because of her ethnicity?
Well in my experience a lot of Indian community in and around Reading are Conservative or Lib Dem voters, and probably present far more traditional upper working class and middle class values and behaviours. She's probably far more in step with them on immigration (though a hostile environment towards Indian migrants wouldn't go down well, where it's other groups esp Pakistan they're pretty much ok with that).

A mistake of the left is to assume migrant populations aren't prone to bring just as racist as everyone else. They tend to be anti racist where it related to injustice and laws in the UK but far more flexible in relation to immigration and asylum. UKIP and the far right are generally unlocked (but that wasn't true of UKIP pre ferendum).

Despite maintaining ties to India the Indian community, especially the older Indian community are quite British and Nationalistic, although not quite in the way that traditions white British nationalism. You'd be hard pressed to find many older Indian British who don't have a bit of a Nationalist streak to them (though they'd also be more critical and reasonable in that, given their own experiences with Nationalism).
Old 15-06-2021, 12:37 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
Well in my experience a lot of Indian community in and around Reading are Conservative or Lib Dem voters, and probably present far more traditional upper working class and middle class values and behaviours. She's probably far more in step with them on immigration (though a hostile environment towards Indian migrants wouldn't go down well, where it's other groups esp Pakistan they're pretty much ok with that).

A mistake of the left is to assume migrant populations aren't prone to bring just as racist as everyone else. They tend to be anti racist where it related to injustice and laws in the UK but far more flexible in relation to immigration and asylum. UKIP and the far right are generally unlocked (but that wasn't true of UKIP pre ferendum).

Despite maintaining ties to India the Indian community, especially the older Indian community are quite British and Nationalistic, although not quite in the way that traditions white British nationalism. You'd be hard pressed to find many older Indian British who don't have a bit of a Nationalist streak to them (though they'd also be more critical and reasonable in that, given their own experiences with Nationalism).
Certainly Patel would fit right in with the anti-muslin Hindhu nationalist BJP and Mohdi government.

Don't forget this is the politician that was sacked for having 'illegal' meetings with Likud and the IDF and exploring ways of diverting international aid to the Israeli military.

My experience of India is that it is hard not to have a hierarchical mindset and believe in the caste system simultaneously.
Old 16-06-2021, 04:04 PM
Not Tommy Robinson's Dad

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
Funny not a single boo to be heard as both Turkey and Wales take a knee before their game. Have the fans not got the memo it's a marxist plot to overturn the world order?
Old 16-06-2021, 04:21 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post

by and large they mostly despise Patel though (but they luuuurv Sunak).
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 16-06-2021, 07:14 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
I would like to take the opportunity to clarify a couple of things if I may.

Last week my Mum was taken into hospital. In these times no one was allowed to visit. Despite being very active walking three miles a day before shutdown. Illness and shutdown took hold. Earlier this week the decision had to be made to withdraw treatment. Sadly she passed away earlier today. A Palace fan she had no choice with my Grandads influence Johnny Bryne was one hero. And i can hear her in my head saying what she always said when we changed manager. We should never of sacked Bert Head.

I was going through a tough time stressed and used this thread as an escape. It took my mind off what was happening decisions i knew we as a fanily had to make. Sure in the debate was fierce and strong. Trust me when I say i would not of wanted any different.

The point of this board how it is used by people is different for us all. Whilst for me it was a release from stress please respect that others may be different.

Read some of the responses some of the harshest debaters also were quick to offer support when CR posted. The we are family a Paalace family comment from another meant a lot.

Today we lost an old time Palace fan an armchair one maybe. I lost my Mum no one tell me step mum she brought me up as a son for 62 years of my 66 years.

Apoligies for any posts there is one i would rewrite for sure. I will return no doubt to battle with a few of you again sure you understand i just need some space and time.
Old 16-06-2021, 07:36 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Oh NHE really sorry to read that. Never an easy time. Make sure to be kind to yourself.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 16-06-2021, 07:40 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post

Last week my Mum was taken into hospital. In these times no one was allowed to visit. Despite being very active walking three miles a day before shutdown. Illness and shutdown took hold. Earlier this week the decision had to be made to withdraw treatment. Sadly she passed away earlier today. A Palace fan she had no choice with my Grandads influence Johnny Bryne was one hero. And i can hear her in my head saying what she always said when we changed manager. We should never of sacked Bert Head.

I was going through a tough time stressed and used this thread as an escape. It took my mind off what was happening decisions i knew we as a fanily had to make. Sure in the debate was fierce and strong. Trust me when I say i would not of wanted any different.

The point of this board how it is used by people is different for us all. Whilst for me it was a release from stress please respect that others may be different.

Read some of the responses some of the harshest debaters also were quick to offer support when CR posted. The we are family a Paalace family comment from another meant a lot.

Today we lost an old time Palace fan an armchair one maybe. I lost my Mum no one tell me step mum she brought me up as a son for 62 years of my 66 years.

Apoligies for any posts there is one i would rewrite for sure. I will return no doubt to battle with a few of you again sure you understand i just need some space and time.
Condolences mate. All the best.

Breathin deep, breathin easy...
Old 16-06-2021, 07:41 PM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Very sorry to hear that NHE

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 16-06-2021, 07:49 PM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
I remember you saying, NHE, that you had only seen your Mum, for the first time in ages, about a month ago, because of the virus, so I'm very sorry to hear your news.

All the best.
Old 16-06-2021, 08:11 PM
Not Tommy Robinson's Dad

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
Quote:

Very sorry for your loss N Herts. No need for apologies. Stay strong and best wishes. RIP to your mum.
Old 16-06-2021, 08:22 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:

So sorry to hear that. Awful. Best wishes for you and your family.
Old 16-06-2021, 08:24 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
All the best mate and my condolances to you and your family.
Old 16-06-2021, 09:19 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Sorry to hear that. Condolences.
Old 17-06-2021, 02:33 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Old 17-06-2021, 03:32 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
And probabñy not given as a foul back then..

Sorry NHE. All the best.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 17-06-2021, 05:59 AM
Lurker

sirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post

Long sleeves? What a wuss