Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Closed Thread

Old 16-06-2021, 11:11 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
Dortmund always make shrewd managerial appointments, Klopp, Tuchel, Favre and Rose.
I don't think that Favre was necessarily a shrewd appointment for Dortmund. I was never convinced about it working out. He did pretty well though.

He would be an excellent appointment for us though. He beats all of the candidates that are currently short in the betting by an absolute mile.
Old 16-06-2021, 11:15 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolabolabola View Post
We shouldn’t. Jumped up t0sser was too good for us and played a bad hand. Do one.
Yes but only after we have gone deep into negotiations with him again only to appoint someone else.
Old 17-06-2021, 12:13 AM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This whole situation is not optimal. Hope we can recover from the delay and apparent indecisiveness given the backdrop of the rebuilding necessary in a compressing timeframe.
Old 17-06-2021, 12:22 AM

Eagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcben View Post
Yes he does.
Thanks,i thought so.
Old 17-06-2021, 01:13 AM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
I don't think that Favre was necessarily a shrewd appointment for Dortmund. I was never convinced about it working out. He did pretty well though.

He would be an excellent appointment for us though. He beats all of the candidates that are currently short in the betting by an absolute mile.
Nixon now reporting we want talks with Favre
Old 17-06-2021, 01:20 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I'd like to think we could get someone a little younger than 63 (Favre).

And I say this as someone who is 66.
Old 17-06-2021, 01:32 AM

NickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Yes but only after we have gone deep into negotiations with him again only to appoint someone else.
Old 17-06-2021, 02:53 AM
STOP MOCKING MY SPRELLING

brooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16eagles View Post
Looks like Rafa going Everton - should speak to Nuno try re - negotiate
Ok. Take the old deal and cut it in half. Here you go.
Old 17-06-2021, 02:56 AM

GtExpectations came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGtExpectations came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGtExpectations came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGtExpectations came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGtExpectations came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGtExpectations came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGtExpectations came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGtExpectations came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGtExpectations came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGtExpectations came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGtExpectations came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I'd like to think we could get someone a little younger than 63 (Favre).

And I say this as someone who is 66.
Benitez and Bielsa are both north of 60 and I dare say we'd be happy with them. Probably if we are bringing in a foreign coach, then an experienced one with track record of success at highest level would be ideal (providing they can work with less than ideal players during our transition to greatness)!
Old 17-06-2021, 03:20 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16eagles View Post
Looks like Rafa going Everton - should speak to Nuno try re - negotiate
No ... beardy twat can piss off!
Old 17-06-2021, 03:34 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Ummmm his age bothers me are we starting a big rebuild with a coach that will be near retirement age soon. Don't know, in terms of his ability fantastic. But tactics sound very defensive, counter attacking, possession based by the sounds of it and he plays 343....... Are we hiring a 'better' Roy without having any wingbacks? Clyne and PVA would have to stay. I feel that if I'm Roy I'd be quite pissed off and wondering why I didn't get an extension.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 17-06-2021 at 03:39 AM.
Old 17-06-2021, 03:42 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
People are saying that we have had since Roy officially retired to look for someone. TBH I would say we should have been seriously looking from that re-start calamity.

So, it has taken us nearly a year as far as I can see.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 17-06-2021, 04:10 AM

Sakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've just read Lucien Favre's bio - sounds very promising. Gets results with every club he has been at whilst playing an attractive style of football. Just think that anyone coming in has a really difficult job with a lot of transfer business to do quickly. Just hope that the fans give him time (ha!)
Old 17-06-2021, 05:12 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
People are saying that we have had since Roy officially retired to look for someone. TBH I would say we should have been seriously looking from that re-start calamity.

So, it has taken us nearly a year as far as I can see.
If only it was as simple as that. So many variables and obstacles come into play that identifying exactly the man you want before the fact is futile, and actually not the best practice if you want the right man for the job.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 17-06-2021, 05:45 AM

hulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Ummmm his age bothers me are we starting a big rebuild with a coach that will be near retirement age soon. Don't know, in terms of his ability fantastic. But tactics sound very defensive, counter attacking, possession based by the sounds of it and he plays 343....... Are we hiring a 'better' Roy without having any wingbacks? Clyne and PVA would have to stay. I feel that if I'm Roy I'd be quite pissed off and wondering why I didn't get an extension.
It was Roy’s call was it not?
Old 17-06-2021, 05:51 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
He's 63!

We've just let go of a manager who was 73. Managers rarely last more than five years.

A manager of Favre's pedigree would shape the club a lot more better in the long term than any of the younger managers we're being linked with.

Clinton Morrison
Old 17-06-2021, 05:53 AM

Eagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Favre is the best manager we been linked with by a mile.
Old 17-06-2021, 05:57 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Hint of double standards here

The bbs: dyche should be pragmatic enough to understand why we were interested in nuno and not take it personally. If he was interested that shouldn't have changed his position too much now and hopefully Steve can get him.

Also the bbs. Haha nuno no job. No way will we take you after you showed interest in Everton... **** him
Dyche would still have his job and probably a new contract.

I don't think many people would blame him making contact with Everton, it was the way he/they went about it. All the last minute 'cake and eat it clauses' etc. For me, not answering the phone and becoming elusive, gave us an insight on what we might expect in the future.
Old 17-06-2021, 05:58 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolabolabola View Post
We shouldn’t. Jumped up t0sser was too good for us and played a bad hand. Do one.
It’s just business not playground antics.
Old 17-06-2021, 06:00 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkster View Post
It was Roy’s call was it not?
He was retired by Palace, he would have wanted to stay. That’s my take on it.