Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 31-03-2018, 05:19 AM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Whiter Shade of Pale. Great song but does anyone get it
Old 31-03-2018, 05:59 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Cos I've been standing at the station
In need of education in the rain
The sink is full of fishes
She's got dirty dishes on the brain
Old 31-03-2018, 09:28 PM

Time : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post
Yeah this. Lovely music (classical chord progression stolen from one of the greats, forget which), but I never quite got what they were singing about.
Old 31-03-2018, 09:29 PM

Time : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Cos I've been standing at the station
In need of education in the rain
The sink is full of fishes
She's got dirty dishes on the brain
I had to re-read that before I realised you'd swapped it round!
Old 31-03-2018, 09:58 PM

spiny norman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspiny norman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspiny norman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspiny norman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspiny norman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspiny norman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspiny norman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspiny norman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspiny norman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspiny norman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspiny norman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
Yeah this. Lovely music (classical chord progression stolen from one of the greats, forget which), but I never quite got what they were singing about.
Bach was the composer,think its air in g?
Old 31-03-2018, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
Yes I think you're right, thanks
Old 02-04-2018, 01:54 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post
Only people who smoke Hamlet cigars.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:07 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
The smell of brown leather
It blended in with the weather

Down in the tube station at midnight - The Jam
I can kind of get the meaning of that. Drizzly London, Autumn/Winter, fashion of the time was leather jackets.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:10 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Whatever that long droning song was the Liverpool fans were singing... never heard it before.

Haven't a clue what they were rambling on about.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:22 AM

jhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is here
Try deciphering some of Jon Anderson’s lyrics on any YES album. Almost totally incomprehensible, but great music
Old 02-04-2018, 08:36 AM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
I've always loved Phil Lynott's cryptic offering in Jailbreak:

'Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak
Somewhere in this town'

Where Phil, whereabouts in the town will the jailbreak occur??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
You've just ruined one of my favourite songs
All these years playing that in the car and it never struck me before
Old 02-04-2018, 10:01 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Tom Petty - It´ll All Work Out

"She had eyes so blue, they looked like weather"

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:23 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Has anyone mentioned Bon Iver? His last album. Absolute bollocks for lyrics.
Excellent album mind..
Old 05-04-2018, 09:37 PM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
From Sound of the Crowd by The Human League:

Put your hand in a party wave
Pass around
Make a shroud pulling combs through a backwash frame
Find the copies in a carbon mount
Pass around
Stroke a pocket with a print of a laughing sound

The shades from a pencil peer
Pass around
A fold in an eyelid brushed with fear
The lines on a compact guide
Pass around
A hat with alignment worn inside

Bonkers, but I still love it!

Last edited by JJ; 05-04-2018 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-04-2018, 11:52 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
pretty much all Nirvana lyrics
Old 05-04-2018, 11:53 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Every day I wake up and it's Sunday
What evers in my eye won't go away
The radio is playing all the usual
And what's a wonder wall anyway?
Because my inside is outside
My right side's on the left side
Cause I'm writing to reach you now but,
I might never reach you
I only want to teach you, about you,
But that's not you
It's good to know that you are home for Christmas
It's good to know that you are doing well
It's good to know that you're no longer hurting
It's good to know I'm feeling not so well
Because my inside in outside
Cause I'm writing to reach you now but
I might never reach you
I only want to teach you,
About you, but that's not you
To know it's true, but that won't do
Maybe then tomorrow will be Monday
And whatever's in my eye should go away
Still the radio keeps playing all the usual
And what's a wonder wall anyway?
Because my inside in outside
Cause I'm writing to reach you
I might never reach you
I only want to teach you,
About you, but that's not you
And you know it's true, but that won't do
And you know it's you, I'm talking to

Travis-Writing to Reach You
Old 06-04-2018, 12:07 AM
Been, Seen, Done.

palaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Down in the tube station at midnight - The Jam[/QUOTE]

Jees, I'm no massive fan but the lyrics in this song are fantastic. A brilliantly written masterpiece. 'I put in the money and pull out a plum'.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:15 PM

Smithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Always wondered what's a plum ?
Old 07-04-2018, 12:13 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
'Drinking cider from a lemon' is a shocking line, while 'We've got heads on sticks, you've got ventriloquists' is my favourite.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:28 AM

Lords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
You are correct about Backing and close with the title it is air on a G String I believe