Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 24-01-2020, 01:11 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Lots of people questioning the guys desire and aspirations but a bit of digging on goggle news items outside of the BBS suggests there may have been other motives at play with his move to China.

There's plenty of noise that he is desperate to leave China. That appears one story that is consistent. What is unclear is why a talented footballer at a young age would choose China. People then obviously jump to the conclusion it's all about the money. Perhaps he had little choice but to give it a go.

Dalian, or the owner has a large share in Atletico so there's obviously a link there. Also came across a story by Eden Hazard supporting the move and alluding to Carrasco wanting out at Atletico. Perhaps it just didn't happen there for him and they got pi$$ed off and sent him packing to China. There was also another player sent to China from Atletico. Perhaps the poor guy just wants to desperately get out of whatever tie up he has with Atletico/Dalian. Interestingly looks like Jose Fonte played there at the same time. Perhaps he put a good word in.
Old 24-01-2020, 01:12 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
The thing is, Benitez has done it all and won it all and had decades of success in the big leagues. Carrasco has a short career, has won sod all and was 24 when he left. It's fair to question that. And we've got a manager who won't take any shit, same as Simeone.
Old 24-01-2020, 01:13 PM

Palaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
Strange when I read Hull message board , they love him , not a mention of any character flaw
Football fans! As soon as he mentions he wants to leave, his flaws will be covered extensively

Last edited by Palaceguard; 24-01-2020 at 01:15 PM.
Old 24-01-2020, 01:25 PM

TouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is here
It'd be an exciting signing on paper, but when you really look at it, would he fit in to the style of football we play? Is he the kind of winger willing to spend more time in his own half, tracking runners and the sort, than in the opponents half?

You might argue that Wilf isn't that type of player either yet he does it, but he's had to adapt to that way of playing over multiple seasons.
Old 24-01-2020, 01:29 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I think he just fell out with the manager and the big players in the dressing room, and stopped playing well.
Ta. So if he gets on with the manager and team he could be great? I'm trying to think optimistically. But I would say the way Camarasa obviously didn't fit here is a slight worry. Although maybe he has attributes that Roy would value more? But I do think Roy won't put up with any perceived attitude in the group. He tends to be a sum as greater than the parts kind of guy and I don't think think he would put up with anyone disrupting the group.

If he were to arrive, would be the closest we have had to RLC since he departed? Or is he more of an out and out winger?
Old 24-01-2020, 01:31 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Lots of naysaying but isnt that likely the reason why the club wants a loan first before committing to a full acquisition? Good time to test the waters.
Old 24-01-2020, 01:35 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Ta. So if he gets on with the manager and team he could be great? I'm trying to think optimistically. But I would say the way Camarasa obviously didn't fit here is a slight worry. Although maybe he has attributes that Roy would value more? But I do think Roy won't put up with any perceived attitude in the group. He tends to be a sum as greater than the parts kind of guy and I don't think think he would put up with anyone disrupting the group.

If he were to arrive, would be the closest we have had to RLC since he departed? Or is he more of an out and out winger?
More of a winger, doesn't offer anything like what RLC does, defensively. And he really doesn't strike me as a team player.
Old 24-01-2020, 01:36 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
It'd be an exciting signing on paper, but when you really look at it, would he fit in to the style of football we play? Is he the kind of winger willing to spend more time in his own half, tracking runners and the sort, than in the opponents half?

You might argue that Wilf isn't that type of player either yet he does it, but he's had to adapt to that way of playing over multiple seasons.
It’s exactly what we need. We are so unbalanced. Takes pressure off wilf.
Old 24-01-2020, 01:40 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
More of a winger, doesn't offer anything like what RLC does, defensively. And he really doesn't strike me as a team player.
I see. That not being a team player is the big concern with Roy. I guess if it is a loan there is less potential for damage as a result though.

Wonder if the board are trying for something to placate frustrated fans but maybe not going in the direction the manager wants. Which would also be a worry.
Old 24-01-2020, 01:46 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I’d prefer to sign him and see if he works and run the risk of him not working, rather the doing Jack Shit and and twiddling our toes hoping for Mr right to drop on our laps. We’ve clearly scouted and know all about him to discuss the financial side - be proactive, go out and make it happen.
Old 24-01-2020, 01:49 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
we will be avoiding signing anyone in this window, it makes no sense:

- manager on the way out soon
- owners trying to get out soon

the club is not going to be making big investments, if any.
Old 24-01-2020, 01:50 PM

addicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not happening. Will be surprised if we sign anyone outside of the UK let alone the EU! The FA and other football bigwigs met up this week to discuss the transfer issues after Brexit. Looking like we have to have a minimum 17 home grown out of a 25 squad. This may be raised however to 18/19. If that’s the case we will be even more cautious with our recruitment. Talk of some sort of ‘franchise’ player to make things more interesting but if that’s the case I wouldn’t want to waste that on him.
Old 24-01-2020, 01:55 PM

jaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
we will be avoiding signing anyone in this window, it makes no sense:

- manager on the way out soon
- owners trying to get out soon

the club is not going to be making big investments, if any.
I know his contract is due to be up in the summer - but is he?
Old 24-01-2020, 01:56 PM

Neillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted_eagle View Post
Not happening. Will be surprised if we sign anyone outside of the UK let alone the EU! The FA and other football bigwigs met up this week to discuss the transfer issues after Brexit. Looking like we have to have a minimum 17 home grown out of a 25 squad. This may be raised however to 18/19. If that’s the case we will be even more cautious with our recruitment. Talk of some sort of ‘franchise’ player to make things more interesting but if that’s the case I wouldn’t want to waste that on him.
Even if that were true, it'd be years before they could implement such a system as there's no way they'll force clubs to sell their foreign talent in a 'fire sale.

On top of that, you'd need to make sure any non home-grown player you sign is top notch rather than taking a punt on unproven players.
Old 24-01-2020, 02:01 PM

addicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neillo's Son View Post

On top of that, you'd need to make sure any non home-grown player you sign is top notch rather than taking a punt on unproven players.
What I’m hearing is they want to push this through quickly. Sounds like a bit of a shambles but that’s football.

What’s going to happen is that mediocre players in the Championship will be double if not triple what they are valued at now.

Most clubs are holding back signing players this window to see what happens in the lead up to the summer.
Old 24-01-2020, 02:03 PM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycombe Eagle#2 View Post

Dalian, or the owner has a large share in Atletico so there's obviously a link there. Also came across a story by Eden Hazard supporting the move and alluding to Carrasco wanting out at Atletico. Perhaps it just didn't happen there for him and they got pi$$ed off and sent him packing to China. There was also another player sent to China from Atletico. Perhaps the poor guy just wants to desperately get out of whatever tie up he has with Atletico/Dalian. Interestingly looks like Jose Fonte played there at the same time. Perhaps he put a good word in.
Yes this has been mentioned elsewhere, although I don't know much about it.

It's not as simple as Dalian offering a load of money and Carrasco going along with it. Murky waters.

However the original deal came about, if we can turn the situation to our advantage, who cares?

We desperately lack a player who has the same kind of arrogance as Wilfried to carry the ball forward and make things happen from nothing. It would be surprising if that kind of ability didn't come packaged up with a bit of selfishness, to be honest.
Old 24-01-2020, 02:12 PM

BringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycombe Eagle#2 View Post

OR this is being initiated by the Ofer family who have a stake in Atletico, and we’ll be the new Watford passing players between us, Atletico, Dalian and their Portuguese team. Heard it here first.

Welcome Zhu Ting and Yang Shanping on season long loans and best of luck to Wayne Hennessey at Atletico.

Last edited by BringbackShipps; 24-01-2020 at 02:21 PM.
Old 24-01-2020, 02:17 PM
Middle class left.

There may well have been something dodgy about the deal, yes.

And, we don't know Carrasco's side of what happened at Atlético - in fact we don't know any side of it.

I just wonder if a "try and buy" makes much sense with a player like this. It feels like he might just switch off, as soon as he gets a contract.

I don't want to be a misery guts about this deal, just wonder where it's going. Will he be ready for the Premier after two years in China? I used to watch the Chinese League a bit - it's not a very high standard. He might not get his sharpness back this season.
Old 24-01-2020, 03:44 PM

sl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This is exactly the type of player we need and most fans crave. If it’s at all a possibility then get it done Palace.
Old 24-01-2020, 03:51 PM

Nostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I guess if he came to Palace he'd see us as nothing more than a stepping stone. I'd actually be happy with that, he'd hopefully perform to his highest standard. If it was just the loan term, with luck he'd help see us safe, and if we bought, we should make some profit. I realise it's not a romantic way of looking at it, but it could be mutually beneficial.