Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 14-02-2020, 07:59 AM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Reckon we'll end up selling him for around the 50 million mark with lots of add ons

If he is to go we need to get it sorted early on so we have plenty of time for a replacement
Old 14-02-2020, 08:51 AM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
I hope this is a whoosh.
Where would you put a value on him? If anyone signs him he will want at least a four year deal. That will take him to 31. Is there much resale for a winger who is 31 ? I doubt it. Chelsea just bought Ajax's best winger for £33-£36 million and he is a year younger than Wilf.

Wilf will also want at least £150k a week . That's £30 million over the four years.

Bearing in mind his form this season, 3 goals and 2 assists- and the question mark that has to be over his temperament- I would guess his current value is at the most £40 million. Anyone who signs him would be committing £70 million.We would also want the money upfront, I should think.

He'll be here next season.
Old 14-02-2020, 09:03 AM

Jman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMH57 View Post
Where would you put a value on him? If anyone signs him he will want at least a four year deal. That will take him to 31. Is there much resale for a winger who is 31 ? I doubt it. Chelsea just bought Ajax's best winger for £33-£36 million and he is a year younger than Wilf.

Wilf will also want at least £150k a week . That's £30 million over the four years.

Bearing in mind his form this season, 3 goals and 2 assists- and the question mark that has to be over his temperament- I would guess his current value is at the most £40 million. Anyone who signs him would be committing £70 million.We would also want the money upfront, I should think.

I agree - cant see anyone paying what we would want for him. His form this season hasnt been up to it.
Old 14-02-2020, 09:04 AM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMH57 View Post

Good post that is the way I see it don't think there will be too many clubs who will want to pay him more than his existing £130k a week he is very well rewarded with us.

As you say there will be very limited sell on value for a Winger at 31 so effectively all the money you pay will be written off both the transfer fee and wages. It just depends on what sort of return the player can give you on the pitch for 4 years. Based on the figures which I would say are realistic £40 Million Fee and £30 Million in wages you would have to be fairly confident he would play regularly and produce the goods.

For us £40 Million would be reduced to around £30 Million due to the sell on clause which doesn't get you much in this market meaning more in our interest to retain him.
Old 14-02-2020, 09:04 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
Reckon we'll end up selling him for around the 50 million mark with lots of add ons

If he is to go we need to get it sorted early on so we have plenty of time for a replacement
Why ? We all know we’ll have around 28 days .
Old 14-02-2020, 09:19 AM

Bungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think there is an increasing likelihood that he will not be sold in the summer as I cannot see which club is likely to want him and/or offer enough for our board to accept.

I hope I am wrong because I would like to see how he gets on at a so called big club which plays in the champions League and I think it is time for him to move on from us. He has done well and I have loved watching him play but, if this season is anything to go by, we may have seen the best of him.

I have often wondered whether us sneaking into a Europa League spot might have changed his desire to move but I guess I am just going to die wondering that!
Old 14-02-2020, 09:25 AM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue View Post

For us £40 Million would be reduced to around £30 Million due to the sell on clause which doesn't get you much in this market meaning more in our interest to retain him.
We would never be able to replace him with £30 million and certainly not for a player on less salary than. He's actually worth more to a team like us who need him to beat the like of Bournemouth, Huddersfield etc. The top teams beat those teams at their will. They need someone who can beat Bayern, City/Liverpool/Spurs, Real Madrid etc.

Wilf-and his hangers on- are financially driven and all this "I want Champions League football" bollocks was blown out of the water by his seemed eagerness to go to Everton in the Summer.

People on here won't like it , but an actual sound financial solution for us would be to give him a new improved contract and put everything to bed. We then don't stand to lose £15 million a year in expected transfer fee as his contract is wound down and don't have a destabilising (for him, the manager, the club and supporters) transfer window coming around every six months.

Give him a bit more money to keep him happy and to "retain him". £150k a week will cost us an additional £1 million a year based on his current salary being £130k a week.

Then get the statue of "Mr Crystal Palace" ready for its unveiling sometime in 2025.

Last edited by FMH57; 14-02-2020 at 09:28 AM.
Old 14-02-2020, 09:37 AM

Stats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If Sancho is allowed to leave by Dortmund then they must come back into play for Wilf.
Old 14-02-2020, 10:05 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newts G View Post
It wont be 70-80m this summer though. There is a year less on his contract, the club will have to lower the value, at 50m there maybe value for another prem team. would be shocked if anyone bigger than Everton would want him though.

As much as we love him, without a team around him that also attacks, his effectiveness is minimalised.

The biggest concern is Dug spending the money that his sale would generate.
He will still have 3 years left on his contract so that won’t affect his value.

What will is his failure to step up another level this season. There was probably an opportunity to cash in on him last summer but our gamble in asking top whack and the majority upfront backfired.

For the team and himself Will needs a blistering end to the season particularly against the top teams. Maybe then we can squeeze £60m out of someone.

Offering him increased wages would be ludicrous.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 14-02-2020, 11:04 AM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats74 View Post
If Sancho is allowed to leave by Dortmund then they must come back into play for Wilf.
With respect, swap a rising young star for a player at 27 badly off form who is earning £130k week?
Old 14-02-2020, 11:35 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
If and it is an if, but should we stay up, a major overhaul could be completed that helps Wilf and the club achieve what we want.

In terms of salary cap Dann out of contract at end of year saves 70kp/w (approx 3.5m p/a).

2021 decisions also need to be made this summer.

With so many players out of contract in the summer of next season, they either need to be extended, sold or kept on and allowed to run down.

Ward
Kelly
Cahill
Sakho
Hennessey
PVA
Jimmy Mac
Schlupp
Meyer
Townsend
Benteke

In terms of what we could do, the best possible scenario would be as follows.

Sold this summer:
Meyer
Sakho
Benteke

All have some value i would imagine in terms of incoming fees whilst also have a very high net wage impact. They also wont impact the starting XI much due to rarely featuring.

Next level of key decisions that either fall into the sell as we could get some cash for them or likely extend their contracts.

PVA
Townsend
Schlupp
Hennessey

Allowed to run down
Kelly (poss extend)
Ward (poss extend)
Cahill
Jimmy Mac
Benteke

Either way, there would need to be some future planning this summer, regardless of decision. It could present a great opportunity to finally purchase the other winger we need (ala Bolasie) to compliment Wilf. I don't see teams coming in for Wilf at the level we will want (if we are in the Prem). So it presents any manager an opportunity to build a team around an on his day £80m player that most of the teams outside the Top 6 would love to have and build a team around
Old 14-02-2020, 11:50 AM

ChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The only team i see that would part away with money for Zaha is either Arsenal or tottenham (Unlikley due to their wage structure).

Arsenal would also be dependant on their overhaul of player sales and where they finish this season.
Old 14-02-2020, 12:07 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenDipper View Post
The only team i see that would part away with money for Zaha is either Arsenal or tottenham (Unlikley due to their wage structure).

Arsenal would also be dependant on their overhaul of player sales and where they finish this season.
Why? Arsenal are minted .
Old 14-02-2020, 12:48 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
PSG
Old 14-02-2020, 12:59 PM

ChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Why? Arsenal are minted .
But they may not get into Europe's elite competition . . . maybe have the uefa cup but thats a hassle
Old 14-02-2020, 01:21 PM
Le Crystal Chamakh

mroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats74 View Post
They'll replace Sancho with someone younger, better and cheaper than Zaha
Old 14-02-2020, 01:24 PM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Best hope of getting a good price for Zaha is the Saudis take over Newcastle and go looking for a couple of marquee signings.
Old 14-02-2020, 02:16 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Bundesliga must be fun to watch this year with Leipzig and others taking the step up too, so tight at the top

Wonder how Lookman is doing this season
Old 14-02-2020, 02:36 PM
Palace till I die

casinocolin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcasinocolin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcasinocolin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcasinocolin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcasinocolin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcasinocolin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcasinocolin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcasinocolin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcasinocolin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcasinocolin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcasinocolin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisZero View Post
Bundesliga must be fun to watch this year with Leipzig and others taking the step up too, so tight at the top

Wonder how Lookman is doing this season
Not very well by the look of it he cannot get in the team just 5 league appearances, only 1 full 90 mins played, 0 goals. 1 CL appearance he did not score.

Steve Parish our greatest chairman.

Last edited by casinocolin; 14-02-2020 at 02:41 PM.
Old 14-02-2020, 02:53 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
Everton is his best hope
Closed Thread