Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 27-11-2020, 09:40 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Tight game tonight - we will beat WBA and the squad looks in good shape for the physically challenging month ahead. Judged on what I've seen so far we look like a top half team.
Old 27-11-2020, 09:40 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
EMT, you canít keep putting everything on everyone but Roy.

1 clean sheet in 18 and 4 wins in that period?

Our form in 2020 isnít good enough and currently probably wouldnít get 40 points a season.

No one thought that starting line up was strong enough so letís not pretend it was right now.

Iím glad he made the right subs, but itís disguising what was wrong to start.
No, I think it's fair to raise concerns from these two games. And it's fair that some of the questions are ained at Roy. But I think he has done enough to suggest he deserves more time and to show if he can get us to bounce back as he has done before.

You say they were the right subs though, but I think the last one, when we sacrificed a midfielder for another striker was actually the wrong one. We were suckered by it.

The starting line-up was strong enough. We were the better side. I think maybe Jairo over Kouayte would have been better but we were the better side when the two starting 11s were out there.
Old 27-11-2020, 09:41 PM
Probationary User

HodgsonOut : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHodgsonOut : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHodgsonOut : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHodgsonOut : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHodgsonOut : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHodgsonOut : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHodgsonOut : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHodgsonOut : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHodgsonOut : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHodgsonOut : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHodgsonOut : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
Tight game tonight - we will beat WBA and the squad looks in good shape for the physically challenging month ahead. Judged on what I've seen so far we look like a top half team.
A top half team? Maybe in the Championship, aye
Old 27-11-2020, 09:41 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Because that's what a lot of our fans do these days.
Well no.

But if people want to start bugging Roy up and the great job heís doing when we in the top half then donít be surprised when people expect us to see us beating teams we should beat.

Weíve just lost 2 in a row against teams whoíve struggled to score all season and weíve not scored a goal.

Results by themselves arenít an issue but thereís a pretty big sample period that shows we arenít playing well enough and arenít getting the results.
Old 27-11-2020, 09:43 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
OK, ignoring what is said on the BBS about his tactics as its irrelevant, are you saying he got it wrong then?

Personally I thought it was reckless taking off Jimmy Mac when he did, as it opened up our midfield.
Yes, I think that the final sub was a mistake, yes. I think he tried too hard to win it. A very 'un-Roy' move and it did nearly get us the goal - PVA's cross was awful(!!) but it cost us at the other end and cost us the point.

If anything it strengthens my belief that his usual, more cautious, pragmatic approach is probably the best one unless we are going to invest and add some more attacking quality to the squad. I think recruitment has not been good enough under his management.
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
I wouldn't go that far, but I am very confident we will get over this.

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since 1968 View Post
He is right, there pointless when teams play across the field in their own half for ages.
With all due respect, you sound like a dinosaur.

There’s a reason that keeping possession, even in the teams own half, has been a hallmark of the best club and national side of the past twenty years.
Old 27-11-2020, 09:44 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
We all know, Eddie, is waiting for Ďthatí call.
Old 27-11-2020, 09:45 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Well no.

But if people want to start bugging Roy up and the great job heís doing when we in the top half then donít be surprised when people expect us to see us beating teams we should beat.

Weíve just lost 2 in a row against teams whoíve struggled to score all season and weíve not scored a goal.

Results by themselves arenít an issue but thereís a pretty big sample period that shows we arenít playing well enough and arenít getting the results.
I don't think we should "expect" to beat any individual team in any PL game. I think over the course of the season we should expect to beat enough of them to stay up with a bit to spare.

But of course it is a lot harder to win games when Wilf isn't in the team.
Old 27-11-2020, 09:46 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don't think we should "expect" to beat any individual team in any PL game. I think over the course of the season we should expect to beat enough of them to stay up with a bit to spare.

But of course it is a lot harder to win games when Wilf isn't in the team.
15 losses in 17 without wilf.

Wilf keeps Roy in a job. Without wilf Roy gets shown up. That simple
Old 27-11-2020, 09:46 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Amazing to see people criticising him for being too defensive tonight when we lose late when the actual problem is we went all out attack and left ourselves vulnerable.
As I said earlier this week, itís like the posts are written before the game and theyíre just waiting for the loss to post them regardless of whether theyíre representative of the game played.
Old 27-11-2020, 09:47 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
I wouldn't go that far, but I am very confident we will get over this.
I think that's my general opinion. There will always be setbacks for us at this level and some poor results, and some poor runs of results too. When Wilf is out those poor results are obviously more likely too.
Old 27-11-2020, 09:48 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
P8 W2 D1 L5 F8 A14 Pts7

Average position of the teams we have played is about 12!

Yes he will keep us up this season, there are going to be 3 worse teams but we are ******* shit and playing well below the capabilities of our squad IMO.
Old 27-11-2020, 09:49 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
P8 W2 D1 L5 F8 A14 Pts7

Average position of the teams we have played is about 12!

Yes he will keep us up this season, there are going to be 3 worse teams but we are ******* shit and playing well below the capabilities of our squad IMO.
Yep
Old 27-11-2020, 09:49 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Lombardi View Post
I cannot begin to explain how bad Scott Dannís individual performance was. No-one can legislate for that display that unsettled the entire back four and I like Scott as a player.
Agreed.
Old 27-11-2020, 09:50 PM

bonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've never like Howe but would have anyone other than Roy...fast becoming the most hated Manager which is sad cos he seems a nice bloke.

Guessing Howe will be incharge by Xmas.
Old 27-11-2020, 09:51 PM

Eagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
We all know, Eddie, is waiting for Ďthatí call.
I'd call Eddie now.
Old 27-11-2020, 09:52 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes, I think that the final sub was a mistake, yes. I think he tried too hard to win it. A very 'un-Roy' move and it did nearly get us the goal - PVA's cross was awful(!!) but it cost us at the other end and cost us the point.

If anything it strengthens my belief that his usual, more cautious, pragmatic approach is probably the best one unless we are going to invest and add some more attacking quality to the squad. I think recruitment has not been good enough under his management.
Weíve signed some absolute quality this summer. He isnít getting enough out of them. Weird to play Schlupp up front when we have an international quality striker in Batshuayi.
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
15 losses in 17 without wilf.

Wilf keeps Roy in a job. Without wilf Roy gets shown up. That simple
Genuine question, do you think we would win often without Wilf with any manager? I agree it isn't good. I wonder if he was pushing too hard to change that tonight with those attacking subs?

I think we have a distinct lack of attacking quality in the squad, so without Wilf we will struggle to score and win goals, whoever is in charge. Eze has been a welcome addition but Townsend is past his best and we haven't invested properly in a striker for many years.

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
My worry is we continue to look low on ideas in the oppositions half. Andy Townsend was summing it well when saying our midfielders and strikers don’t demand the ball. We look like a team that is mainly coached to defend and I think that’s probably accurate.

Roy is more and more pushing us into a blunt attack cul de sac. 31 goals in the league last season. If Wilf goes in the summer we look bankers for relegation. If this coincides with Roy leaving I’m sure there will be a number of fans saying we should have given Roy another year as he would have saved us. The reality to my mind is Roy’s tactics are going to make it even more difficult to move on from Wilf and hands the next manager a real positioned chalice. Attacking threat from the rest of the team is being coached out of them. Eze is a breath of fresh air but most of our midfielders and attackers (outside Wilf) are playing some of the worst football of their careers in the oppositions half. Ayew, Bats, Benteke and McArthur look like they would struggle to get 10 goals between them this season.