Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-10-2017, 02:30 PM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We actually looked like we knew what we were doing. Passing was on point. Which is a welcome change.
Old 15-10-2017, 02:31 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
I thought it would take longer for him to drop puncheon from the starting 11 but like allardyce with their experience they can see the problems straight away
Old 15-10-2017, 02:42 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
I like Hodgson.

I wish he was 10 years or more younger! It's a shame that he probably won't be around with us long term.

I much prefer experienced, British managers, who know our league and have a pragmatic approach to management.

It's a concern that we seem to be running out of these kind of managers!
Old 15-10-2017, 03:00 PM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPalace23 View Post
I like Hodgson.

I wish he was 10 years or more younger! It's a shame that he probably won't be around with us long term.

I much prefer experienced, British managers, who know our league and have a pragmatic approach to management.

Yep. Got a feeling Hodgson will leave us at the end of the season regardless of where we finish (survive he can go out on a high, go down and he bows out quietly).

We obviously work with a certain type of manager (PL experienced, focused on defending first, hitting teams on the break). The only manager left who I feel brings that is Dyche, but Parish obviously doesn't like him or he'd have hired him over FdB.
Old 15-10-2017, 03:02 PM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
Uncle Woy's Wed Blue Awmy
Silly sausage
Old 15-10-2017, 04:39 PM

andy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Absolute masterclass yesterday. Set the team up well, with a good plan to take apart their back three. What really impressed me the most were the subs. Zaha looked out on his feet and I couldn't understand why he wasn't brought off (ooh er) but on reflection we were coming under a bit of pressure and the main outball at that stage was long out of defence. Schlupp had a good game but most of those balls were going to him and he wasn't winning any of them. Introducing Puncheon changed that to the point where we could then have had another couple of goals. I think most people at that stage were looking at an exhausted Zaha and assuming Sako would be on soon to replace him. Really was brilliant management and won us the game every bit as much as Zaha's goal.
Old 15-10-2017, 05:41 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Nobody had an inkling of that formation. Imagine that team with RLC and benteke about, as well.

And it shows you that a good manager works with what he has. Under de Boer the team was the sum of its individuals. If you weren't comfortable with the ball you were a failing part of the system and the system failed. Under hodgson/allardyce you are a valued, well oiled cog in the machine. The sum of its parts.

Am sure things will be different next week perhaps with Newcastle having a back four. But I fancy us to notch another goal, and hopefully be strong enough defensively to keep a clean sheet the other end. But the important thing is to start a little unbeaten run. Get those points ticking over. And our position will take care of itself.
Old 15-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy m View Post
Absolute masterclass yesterday. Set the team up well, with a good plan to take apart their back three. What really impressed me the most were the subs. Zaha looked out on his feet and I couldn't understand why he wasn't brought off (ooh er) but on reflection we were coming under a bit of pressure and the main outball at that stage was long out of defence. Schlupp had a good game but most of those balls were going to him and he wasn't winning any of them. Introducing Puncheon changed that to the point where we could then have had another couple of goals. I think most people at that stage were looking at an exhausted Zaha and assuming Sako would be on soon to replace him. Really was brilliant management and won us the game every bit as much as Zaha's goal.
That is not what I saw, Zaha was still outrunning Chelsea's players in the last minutes of the match.
Old 15-10-2017, 06:09 PM
Play nice now everyone

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Roy made the Sun come up this morning.
Old 15-10-2017, 06:10 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
I'm loving Roy, just the way he goes about things with such class, honesty and intelligence. Seemingly his coaching staff of Lewington and Reid reflect in his pure professionalism too. Without getting ahead of myself maybe Hodgson was the perfect Palace fit out of all our managers we've had so far not just with his tactical nous but in his dignified approach.

We've still got a long way to go but after yesterday I'm sure if we sustain that level of performance along with some clever signings in January and returning injured players we will be fine. In fact, if the aforementioned happens I'm not sure we'll be fine I know we will be fine. It still remains a big if however.

Just hopefully Parish will learn now that pragmatic Palace is the way for us to go.

Clinton Morrison
Old 15-10-2017, 06:13 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is here
I was in a bit of shock yesterday but in the cold light of day Roy done a great job.
Old 15-10-2017, 07:10 PM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Running out of saviours though.

Dyche is our man, I said it pre Pardew and I stand by that.
Ideally I agree with you. Certainly he was the one i wanted in the summer, and i was surprised by the negative response to the possibility of him joining. But if you look at their start to the season, you'd have to say that it would probably now take a bigger job than us to tempt him to leave Burnley, so that ship has probably sailed
Old 15-10-2017, 07:16 PM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPalace23 View Post
I like Hodgson.

Agree - we need to be working out who is next right now
Old 15-10-2017, 07:23 PM

Ardent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
Quite right - Dyche,....err!!
Old 15-10-2017, 07:25 PM

Expat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
Maybe we have a succession plan in place already? Ray Lewington to step up come the day Roy decides to walk (I hope he stays a few years yet!)?

Old 15-10-2017, 07:41 PM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wonder, with all the talk about the lack of opportunities for black managers, whether the path is being laid for Reid.
Old 15-10-2017, 08:05 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the digger View Post
I wonder, with all the talk about the lack of opportunities for black managers, whether the path is being laid for Reid.
Reid is not black he is Irish.
Old 15-10-2017, 08:15 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
Reid is not black he is Irish.
he's mixed race my favourite
Old 15-10-2017, 08:29 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
I don't know why we don't just get Alan Shearer in as manager
Old 15-10-2017, 08:31 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the digger View Post
The talk of lack of opportunity for black managers is bollocks in my opinion. Clubs would employ somebody of any colour if they can improve the clubs position. People like John Barnes and Paul Ince who have complained in the past about the issue should probably look at their managerial record more.

Reid however for me seems like he conducts himself well based on his interviews and albeit limited times I've seen him prepare the team on match days. For Roy Hodgson with all his years experience to trust Reid with the position he has must say a lot about Reid.

I hope if Roy does a good job here we ask his opinion of who he feels should take the role next.

Clinton Morrison