Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

View Poll Results: Are Johnybegood and Hpalace really Harry and Meghan
definitely them 13 24.07%
Who knows ... just two nutters maybe 26 48.15%
Moo. 15 27.78%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2021, 09:16 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
In a referendum campaign, they would forced to defend their position and be asked questions they wouldn't normally expect to answer, directly. .
Did you miss the whole Brexit thing?
Old 09-03-2021, 09:17 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Of course it is. What if the next King is a dick? We've got him until he dies.
You're absolutely right, of course. It's a scenario Royalists try their best to ignore.

It's of course better to have a head of state on a fixed term.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:18 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Did you miss the whole Brexit thing?
Nope. A bitter campaign fought by politicians on both sides.

A Monarch would get battered.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:21 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Voting is always better. Even if the result is not what we'd want.

What's the alternative?
You have to have a legislative chamber that is elected, however what is the point of having a 2nd 'checking' chamber that is also elected and controlled by the political parties we are looking to check.

I like the concept of having an unelected 2nd chamber, however having it stuffed with hereditary landowners and political appointees is hardly representative.

I would look at the best and the just and pay them properly to do an important job. The 'best' would constitute professionals nominated by their field whether that be in industry, science, unionism, education, medicine, technology, law, politics etc. The best would constitute 40% of the 2nd chamber. The other 60%, the just, would be selected by the same system we use for juries, selected by lot, who after a period of training would serve for 5 years.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:22 AM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Quote:
It did when they voted him out.

What happens if Charles, William or George turn out to be like a certain "orangey" businessman?
Agreed, however, has it not caused unprecedented amounts of damage to the country in question? Is this still not still going on with Biden in place?

I would also agree, the names mentioned may well be the same, unlikely, but is electing a head of state a suitable and vast improvement over the current system we have? I can't see it myself. The model you would need to look at is Germany.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:23 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
I am really quite convinced that she is embroidering (to put it politely) her story ; I have no idea however what the tabloids are saying in response.
It's not about what they are saying in response to this interview. It's about what they've said about her in the last few years. Pretty much since she came on the scene.

It's interesting you don't extend the same benefit of the doubt to her that you did to Jimmy Saville though. Perhaps your conviction of her guilt is as off beam as your conviction of his innocence?
Old 09-03-2021, 09:26 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
Personally, I was okay with what they had decided and thought it was unfair that Harry, who has actually served his country in the military, lost some of the roles that he cared so much for as he was doing a great job.

There could have been compromises made on both sides.

Then they became Hollywood touting to the tabloids and doing interviews they are supposedly so against knowing that there would be a limited response from his family.

They made sure they are in every tabloid in the world, not just the trashy UK ones.

They contradict themselves and because of this, it all reeks of just plain payback because they were cut off money wise and could not have their Micky Mouse titles to use in Hollywood to make a buck.

I think that's the problem people have with this.

Interviews?
Old 09-03-2021, 09:27 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sorry but I really think this is sycophantic nonsense. It hasn't adapted at all. Show me one tangible example of how it has.
I’ll give you two

Paying tax.

Restricting the size of who gets coin.

Oh and hiding Charles in a box, and getting William to take on more of the public role.

You might say this is not enough, but it is certainly change, and I’m broadly indifferent about the monarchy, so I can recognise it is not the same institution it was 30 odd years ago. Because it isn’t.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:27 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobiinthelastmi View Post
Agreed, however, has it not caused unprecedented amounts of damage to the country in question? Is this still not still going on with Biden in place?

I would also agree, the names mentioned may well be the same, unlikely, but is electing a head of state a suitable and vast improvement over the current system we have? I can't see it myself. The model you would need to look at is Germany.
Biden can now begin to undo the damage caused by Trump.

You think leaving it up to the lineage of one family in a job for life is the safer bet? Like i say, Trump for a fixed term or Trump for life?

Of course a fixed term is better.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:28 AM
Lovely

Quote:
Indeed, prior to being a victim of the royal family, she told us all how much she was a victim of her own family. She doesnít seem to get on with anyone except HarryÖ (Oh, and Netflix executives).
Told us all? What mechanism did she use to 'tell us all'?
Old 09-03-2021, 09:29 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Iíll give you two

Paying tax.

Restricting the size of who gets coin.

Oh and hiding Charles in a box, and getting William to take on more of the public role.
Voluntary, non-disclosed amount. From a purse that 100% belongs to British public anyway.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:31 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Voluntary, non-disclosed amount. From a purse that 100% belongs to British public anyway.
The question was what have the done to adapt, not is what they have done enough to satisfy republicans.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:31 AM

ChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD View Post
Please explain. I thought she was just there to say the alternative view to Morgan when she is allowed.
Her silence would appear to condone bullying, sexism and Morganís dismissal of another personís mental health issues. She needs to stop being his lapdog.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:32 AM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Biden can now begin to undo the damage caused by Trump.

You think leaving it up to the lineage of one family in a job for life is the safer bet? Like i say, Trump for a fixed term or Trump for life?

Of course a fixed term is better.

Not necessarily, I believe you may have more consistency. What makes a great head of state/president? Is it all just a popularity contest anyway?

Is this no better than to keep swapping out football managers, it can either work or it won't. You have to make a decision based upon the advantages of changing them. Myself, I can not see many apart from what you have advised and I am glad I don't have any effect on this or the choice.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:32 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
The question was what have the done to adapt, not is what they have done enough to satisfy republicans.
Oh, well, we can add statutory rape of minors to that list then, since it's so open to interpretation.

Last edited by Joe85; 09-03-2021 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:33 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
It's not about what they are saying in response to this interview. It's about what they've said about her in the last few years. Pretty much since she came on the scene.

It's interesting you don't extend the same benefit of the doubt to her that you did to Jimmy Saville though. Perhaps your conviction of her guilt is as off beam as your conviction of his innocence?
Thatís a poor shot. There is little comparison between the two scenarios.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 09-03-2021, 09:33 AM
Lovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle View Post
Her silence would appear to condone bullying, sexism and Morganís dismissal of another personís mental health issues. She needs to stop being his lapdog.
I agree.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:34 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobiinthelastmi View Post
Not necessarily, I believe you may have more consistency. What makes a great head of state/president? Is it all just a popularity contest anyway?

Is this no better than to keep swapping out football managers, it can either work or it won't. You have to make a decision based upon the advantages of changing them. Myself, I can not see many apart from what you have advised and I am glad I don't have any effect on this or the choice.
Yeh, imagine being stuck with a manager still playing 70's tactics.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:35 AM
Lovely

Quote:
That’s a poor shot. There is little comparison between the two scenarios.
I think there's plenty of comparison. You've made a judgement about someone based on tabloid tittle tattle, mostly no better than salacious gossip. You aren't willing to extend the benefit of the doubt to her, because you've made your mind up about her without any hard evidence to suggest she is a liar.

This really all comes down to what you want, or don't want, to believe.

Last edited by brighton_eagle; 09-03-2021 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Yeh, imagine being stuck with a manager still playing 70's tactics.

I think he's doing a fine job.