Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

View Poll Results: Are Johnybegood and Hpalace really Harry and Meghan
definitely them 13 24.07%
Who knows ... just two nutters maybe 26 48.15%
Moo. 15 27.78%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2020, 11:17 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
You haven’t explained why we can’t stop paying for his security.
As I’ve said, this is a complex issue that will no doubt be discussed by others of greater knowledge than us.

He doesn’t just magically stop being a member of the royal family just because he’s stepping back from much of that role. And he’s said ‘stepping back’, not ‘stepping down’ completely.

If you don’t agree that he will always be Prince Harry in the eyes of the world, then I can see why you might feel that his security is unnecessary.

My view, as things currently stand, is that we have a royal family in this country, he was born into it and has played his part for 30+ years. It’s sadly not in our gift, nor his, to turn the clock back on that and therefore he and his family will always be a security risk/target.

So whilst I agree with others that they should fund their own lifestyle choices from now on (eg where they live, how they travel), the security issue is something that he’s stuck with for life.

We are in the first day after his announcement, so it’s ridiculously early to predict whether he’ll be able to fund his own security in future...maybe he will eventually.
Old 09-01-2020, 11:20 AM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Perhaps her father isn't as unhinged as is made out.
Old 09-01-2020, 11:56 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
We are in the first day after his announcement, so it’s ridiculously early to predict whether he’ll be able to fund his own security in future...maybe he will eventually.
Well they covered it in their announcement.

Does their future financial autonomy extend to covering the costs of security?

The provision of armed security by The Metropolitan Police is mandated by the Home Office, a ministerial department of Her Majesty’s Government, responsible for security and law & order. As stated on gov.uk, “No breakdown of security costs is available as disclosure of such information could compromise the integrity of these arrangements and affect the security of the individuals protected. It is long established policy not to comment upon the protective security arrangements and their related costs for members of the Royal Family or their residences.”

Quite how they think that answers the question is another matter.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:16 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
I often hear this argument I.e. that if they are in the public eye then they deserve the abuse, and that every celebrity gets it...nothing to do with being a woman or foreign.
It's like soap operas where the 'formula' is shock, trauma, death, violence, adultery, treachery jealousy. Ever since Dirty Den and Nasty Nick Cotton, soap operas have always ploughed these more disturbing aspects of human nature because it sells and people can live 'vicariously' through them. Watching songs of praise just lacks edge in comparison.

The press has similar buttons that sell newspapers. Social media has transformed the business model and retweets, shares, chat and likes inform the ad spend. So when Dianne Abbott gets her sums wrong on police funding, the ad spend on SM goes through the roof with threats to rape her, racial insults and death threats fuelling the 'entertainment' and coffers. Contrast this with Spreadsheet Phil when he got the numbers wrong on HS2 by £40billion did he get threatened with being raped? Or racial insults intended to dehumanize him. I defy any of you to show me one such instance.

Similarly David Lammy makes a speech and is immediately rubbished and dehumanized but not to the extent of Dianne Abbott (not being female) but way more than say Hilary Benn who is also left of centre.

I could also recount other instances of negative stories against Raheem Sterling, Stormzy, Sol Campbell etc..I just can't quite put my finger on what it is about these people....hmm

With Meghan the press are too 'smart' to come out with something overtly sexist or racist, instead they prefer the drip drip feed of negative connotation e.g. American divorcee (the ghost of Wallis Simpson past), that she left her 4 month old baby alone with his dad (for 2 whole days - heaven forbid) while she swanned off to watch her mate play in the US open (oh the hypocrisy of flying whilst 'preaching' to us about climate change)....then they let SM and deep seated British prejudices do the rest for them, sells papers and pays the bills innit.

Already on this thread Harry has had his 'Nazi' past dragged up (FFS!) the 30million spent on his wedding, that he now has to fend for himself.....drip drip is working even amongst more enlightened posters.

What I see is an amiable young man trying to do the right thing, serving in the army, leading charities and helping those struggling with mental health and disabities (e.g. Invictus games) who has generally been a good guy but born into a life sentence of media scrutiny that seemingly enables everyday people to smear, sneer and discriminate against him because they pay for it through their taxes, he owes them some skin right.?

He saw that the same media and the people who bought those trash papers effectively killed his mother and he worries that the same could happen to his wife....no choice has he really?

If I were you Harry I would say "f@ck the lot of you, enjoy your Eastenders and living in your poisoned little minds. I've had enough" ......and never look back
So busy getting your knickers in a twist that you failed to understand my post at all. I was saying that Meghan did not get it any worse than other before her so accusations of it being down to racism are off the mark, I certainly wasn't condoning it, the papers are deeply unpleasant to all the royals in turn. SM of course is a whole different ballgame and much worse.

I cannot comment on the specific points you make as I never read the kind of royal pap in the tabloids you are quoting or indeed watch Eastenders which is even more depressing. My view however is they should indeed all **** off and the royal family should be abolished. I strongly dislike the privilege and obsequiousness that comes with the territory and always have, that doesn't make me poisonous - that makes me a republican.

If they genuinely want to push off and become normal people all power to them and let the rest follow their lead. What I expect is that they will continue to trade on being royal when they want it and demand privacy and respect at the rest of the time. If I am wrong then I will be happy to admit it but already they are mentioning a new charitable foundation which is hardly likely to be something that results in a quiet and private life.

I would also say it seems extremely bad manners to put out the announcement without warning Harry's family in advance, looked at entirely as a family matter I have to feel a little sorry for William and Charles in this situation. I also notice they made the announcement the evening before Kate's birthday - happy birthday Kate.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis

Last edited by sw16girl; 09-01-2020 at 12:39 PM.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:23 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quite damning.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:31 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here

The Royal Family are said to be "hurt" at the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's announcement they will step back as senior royals.

Prince Harry and Meghan did not consult any senior royal about making the statement, it is understood. Buckingham Palace was "blindsided", said BBC royal correspondent Jonny Dymond, as talks about their future had begun but were in very early stages.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 09-01-2020, 12:32 PM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
She has the career to fall back on and fund their existence. He can stay at home and hold the baby
Old 09-01-2020, 12:44 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post

Quite damming.
As H & M are suing one of the Mail titles they might be less than unbiased in their views?

Old 09-01-2020, 12:48 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
It’s not a bad article actually.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 09-01-2020, 12:51 PM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post

Quite damming.
This is quite damming

The Daily Mail as a source again though.....tut tut
Old 09-01-2020, 12:52 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
I was saying that Meghan did not get it any worse than other before her so accusations of it being down to racism are off the mark,
Thank you, white person, for telling a person of colour that the treatment they feel is racist is not.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:55 PM
A Fish without a Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
Thank you, white person, for telling a person of colour that the treatment they feel is racist is not.
Can I say that I feel that was a sexist remark - it was patronising and ignored all the similar comments made by men on this thread? Why pick on me?

Old 09-01-2020, 12:57 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Can I say that I feel that was a sexist remark - it was patronising and ignored all the similar comments made by men on this thread? Why pick on me?
I am getting to all of those other comments now - I am working back from the last page.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:58 PM
A Fish without a Bike

Quote:
I am getting to all of those other comments now - I am working back from the last page.
Nice recovery person of colour. But does that mean that it was not a sexist remark because I still felt it was and who are you as a man to tell me that something I felt was sexist wasn't?

Old 09-01-2020, 01:01 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 09-01-2020, 01:03 PM
A Fish without a Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
It’s not a bad article actually.
Really?

Why the Queen must FIRE Their Royal Hustlers: Deluded Meghan and Harry should be stripped of their titles before this pair of grasping, selfish, scheming Kardashian-wannabes bring down the Monarchy, says PIERS MORGAN

I feel there could possibly be a tinsy winsy bit of bias in the above headline.

Old 09-01-2020, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Nice recovery person of colour. But does that mean that it was not a sexist remark because I still felt it was and who are you as a man to tell me that something I felt was sexist wasn't?
If you genuinely feel there was sexism in my post, I apologise without reservation.

Anyway I have looked at the posts since the announcement and while there are some stupid posts, the only one I can see denying racism is from you. I will look at the pre-announcement posts over a couple of pages to see what I have missed.
Old 09-01-2020, 01:08 PM

Generally, good for her and good for Harry. They are standing up against racism and misogyny, they are doing what is best for them and their child. These are things we should all be doing.

While I am no royalist or republican, it is good that an institution so closely linked to atrocities such as colonialism gets shaken up - it is also good that an institution to devoid of diversity gets a shot of diversity. And more power to Megan - she has clearly felt unable to make changes from within, so they have made the decision to step away.
Old 09-01-2020, 01:09 PM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
Harry should have spent a few months living in Toronto before deciding to move there - London it isnt.
Old 09-01-2020, 01:11 PM
A Fish without a Bike

Quote:
If you genuinely feel there was sexism in my post, I apologise without reservation.

Anyway I have looked at the posts since the announcement and while there are some stupid posts, the only one I can see denying racism is from you. I will look at the pre-announcement posts over a couple of pages to see what I have missed.
Actually I did - it was not just making a point. However I appreciate that I may be wrong. My post did not say that there was not racism out there I said that calling the papers treatment of her racist overlooked their equally foul treatment of others in royal family which suggests to me that it is not racism just general nastiness to all and I still feel that no matter how others may feel. That is a problem in itself.

I'm waiting to see just how private they are going to be - are they standing up for misogyny and racism and having good times with their son or are they just going to turn into modern versions of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor? As I have said before time will tell.

Last edited by sw16girl; 09-01-2020 at 01:17 PM.