Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

View Poll Results: Are Johnybegood and Hpalace really Harry and Meghan
definitely them 13 24.07%
Who knows ... just two nutters maybe 26 48.15%
Moo. 15 27.78%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-04-2021, 01:36 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
Not really, racism on here is dealt with by means of a ban, he is not banned, nor have I seen him get a warning of any sort. He's just yet another poster you don't like, so you invent racism as a tool to beat him with . You're not accurate at all, if you were a dart player the chalker would have holes all over him .
Each to their own strolling.

Edit: And anyway, racism on here is most definitely not dealt with by means of a ban.

Cricket wanker.

Last edited by Wolfnipplechips; 15-04-2021 at 01:40 PM.
Old 15-04-2021, 01:44 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Each to their own strolling.
No not really, it's people like you that make it harder to stamp racial prejudices out. Crying wolf and inventing it when there is none does nothing to help it , NOTHING !!. If he is the racist you accuse him of being, do you honestly think the mods turn a blind eye just for you to have some sport ?. Disagree with guy as much you like, but leave the race card for when it's deserved .

Impervious to fvck bullets
Old 15-04-2021, 01:48 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
No not really, it's people like you that make it harder to stamp racial prejudices out. Crying wolf and inventing it when there is none does nothing to help it , NOTHING !!. If he is the racist you accuse him of being, do you honestly think the mods turn a blind eye just for you to have some sport ?. Disagree with guy as much you like, but leave the race card for when it's deserved .
Race is not a card and I wholeheartedly disagree with everything else in this post.

Cricket wanker.
Old 15-04-2021, 01:49 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
So are we all agreed Saint Megs is horrible and we don’t like her? Hairy has gone from a decent bloke with his feet on the ground to a put upon Twat very quickly. Andrew is also a Twat that wants to look like a Cockerel. There are a few White chaps in here that may or may not be fat and May or may not be boomers and may or may not read Viz. There are others on here that are proud to be Woke.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018

Last edited by Isle of Wight; 15-04-2021 at 04:20 PM.
Old 15-04-2021, 01:49 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Just because someone points out that they consider an opinion a crap opinion doesn’t mean they are deciding who gets to have an opinion.

If you have elected me (or see me as self elected) in the regard you suggest then more fool you. I don’t want and have never suggested I’m qualified for such a role.
But you seem to be the arbritor of who shouldn't have a view.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 15-04-2021, 01:50 PM

Johnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
A far too laboured attempt at humour. Please try harder.
I apologise humbly. Hopefully we will see Harry fronting his band Simply Red on Saturday to add a sense of showbiz to the solemn occasion.
Old 15-04-2021, 01:57 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
But you seem to be the arbritor of who shouldn't have a view.
Have you appointed me or elected me to the role? I never applied nor ran? Is it paid and how much do I get? Do I get security?
Old 15-04-2021, 01:58 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I doubt that unconscious bias is that complicated. It's about having a bit of self awareness and awareness of society, and then thinking it through.

A rallied against the idea of white privilege for a while, because I didn't think I deserved to be labelled as a beneficiary. Thinking it through allows you to come to a different conclusion, though. Even if it is as simple as being picked up by a black taxi, or not, depending on your race. And, why that taxi driver may pick me up, but not my bestest of all time mates Mark - both of whom were working in the City, enjoying the same night out, and dressed to impress, and perhaps standing at the same corner at 10pm.

Old 15-04-2021, 01:58 PM

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Race is not a card and I wholeheartedly disagree with everything else in this post.
You think the mods tolerate racism ? Really ? I suggest you make that official if you care so much about it . I think they are more than on top of it personally .

Old 15-04-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Have you appointed me or elected me to the role? I never applied nor ran? Is it paid and how much do I get? Do I get security?
You have to resign your spying duties for the Chinese State. I am having you vetted. TBF. You are probably on a MI5/6 watchlist already.

Old 15-04-2021, 02:01 PM
Got any nuts?

Quote:
You think the mods tolerate racism ? Really ? I suggest you make that official if you care so much about it . I think they are more than on top of it personally .

As you ask, it’s abundantly clear that racism is tolerated on this site. It may not always be overt, although sometimes it is.

To say it isn’t tolerated is frankly absurd.

I don’t expect you to agree.

Cricket wanker.
Old 15-04-2021, 02:08 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
So are we all agreed Saint Megs is horrible and we don’t like her? Hairy has gone from a decent bloke with his feet on the ground to a put upon Twat very quickly. Andrew is also a Twat that wants to look like a Cockerel. There are a few White chaps in here that may or may not be fat and May or may not be boomers and may or may not read Ziz. There are others on here that are proud to be Woke.
I think they are all a bunch of self-entitled, very wealthy twats who have more resources than any of us could ever imagine or have!

To fawn over their self-serving money-making cries of pity me and whinging while millions are dying worldwide trivialising real victims of racism and mental health just does a disservice.

Again, some weaponise racism and mental health issues which helps no one.
Old 15-04-2021, 02:10 PM

Quote:
As you ask, it’s abundantly clear that racism is tolerated on this site. It may not always be overt, although sometimes it is.

To say it isn’t tolerated is frankly absurd.

I don’t expect you to agree.
You're right , I don't . What absurd instances can you point out to me that will back up your claim that racism is tolerated on the BBS ?

Old 15-04-2021, 02:14 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
I think they are all a bunch of self-entitled, very wealthy twats who have more resources than any of us could ever imagine or have!

To fawn over their self-serving money-making cries of pity me and whinging while millions are dying worldwide trivialising real victims of racism and mental health just does a disservice.

Again, some weaponise racism and mental health issues which helps no one.
Rubbish, the average person on a poor housing estate worrying about crime, schools, paying the bills, healthcare and unemployment has far less to worry about than wealthy actresses and princes telling us their problems on Oprah.
Old 15-04-2021, 02:22 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Rubbish, the average person on a poor housing estate worrying about crime, schools, paying the bills, healthcare and unemployment has far less to worry about than wealthy actresses and princes telling us their problems on Oprah.
You couldn't be more wrong ; have you never looked at the front covers of all the mass market women's magazines?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 15-04-2021, 02:39 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not that I have a particular desire to do the debate on metal health and suicide again but this view is simply wrong.

"Economic status has not been found to be a predictor in the simple way that social scientists once thought. Early suicide researchers theorized that poverty was a significant risk factor for suicide. The theory was that being poor could make one feel depressed, desperate or ashamed at times. This isn’t entirely wrong, but research has shown that both the lowest-low and the highest-high incomes are more strongly associated with rates of suicide than other income levels. In other words, it’s the extremes of either poverty or wealth that are associated with higher suicide rates."

"People with a history of mental illness and a high income are at greater risk of committing suicide than their lower income counterparts. Richer people with a mental disorder may be more suicidal before they are admitted to hospital or they may feel more stigmatised,4 vulnerable, and shameful5 about having a mental illness."

From two separate studies
Old 15-04-2021, 03:09 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Imagine if you were black, brown, gay, lesbian, female, Muslim, Catholic, disabled etc.

You’re upset because people wrongly lump you in to a group because of your age...

For some reason society pigeonhole’s people and unfortunately many, many people have issues with whole groups of people and they’ve been discriminated against for hundreds of years.

Divide and conquer.

But for you to be upset about what you seem to perceive as discrimination based on being wrongly called a boomer is a touch snowflakey.
You really should post more than one sentence of your own thoughts, more often. 😃
Old 15-04-2021, 03:45 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
I doubt that unconscious bias is that complicated. It's about having a bit of self awareness and awareness of society, and then thinking it through.

A rallied against the idea of white privilege for a while, because I didn't think I deserved to be labelled as a beneficiary. Thinking it through allows you to come to a different conclusion, though. Even if it is as simple as being picked up by a black taxi, or not, depending on your race. And, why that taxi driver may pick me up, but not my bestest of all time mates Mark - both of whom were working in the City, enjoying the same night out, and dressed to impress, and perhaps standing at the same corner at 10pm.
Wow, that's quite a revelation. I find it hard to imagine you as a rent boy, but would love to hear more and why the punters preferred you.
Old 15-04-2021, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I also found this quite interesting: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Particularly the section under the subheading "Negative Judgments: The Rich and the Poor"

"interestingly, some negative views of the very rich are similar to those applied to their counterparts at the other extreme of the economic continuum. In her literature review, Lott (2002) noted that the poor are often characterized as being dishonest, indolent, promiscuous, uninterested in education, and personally responsible for their plight. There is a parallel set of adjectives commonly applied to the rich: unethical, entitled, arrogant, superficial, and narcissistic, and entirely responsible for their own unhappiness ...

Social psychologists have suggested, in fact, that misfortunes of the wealthy can evoke a malicious pleasure in others, for people in general feel some satisfaction in the downfall of those far more successful than they themselves are (a phenomenon labeled schadenfreude; ...

It should be noted, too, that affluent, powerful people are likely to be well aware of others’ resentment of them and to be troubled by this. Based on their extensive literature review, Exline and Lobel (1999) concluded that outperforming others can be privately satisfying, by engendering, for example, feelings of pride and efficacy. At the same time, it can be a source of much stress—and most so among those highly successful— ...

As envy is an emotion that is particularly socially disapproved (Exline & Lobel, 1999), furthermore, many therapists (and no doubt, many in society more generally) then defend it by converting it into other less repugnant emotions. These usually include pejorative or contemptuous attitudes such as scorn about their self-indulgent, querulous complaining or covert pleasure in seeing the rich get “knocked down to size”"
Old 15-04-2021, 05:07 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Social psychologists have suggested, in fact, that misfortunes of the wealthy can evoke a malicious pleasure in others, for people in general feel some satisfaction in the downfall of those far more successful than they themselves are (a phenomenon labeled schadenfreude; ”"
Isn’t it great that people get paid for writing the blindingly obvious?!

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ