Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 08-04-2021, 04:58 PM

Sharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
Anything below say 30 letters and it's pretty much instantaneous - say up to one second. If you're talking 40 to 50 letters then it might take up to three seconds.

I suppose I have developed an informal mental database of common words, so for example I know the word 'anything' has 8 letters without even thinking about it. As such you can then break down phrases or short sentences into very basic maths, 8+5+3+7 or whatever.

You can then apply the same principles to more unusual words by breaking them down into syllables, for example taking an old Palace player at random 'Paul' obviously has 4 letters and 'Hinshelwood' I can immediately visualise as 11 letters, so 15 in total. Trent Alexander Arnold is 20 letters, I can see it immediately as 5+9+6.

Anyway fascinating and extremely useful stuff I'm sure you will agree. My wife sometimes persuades me to have a crack at a few more complicated ones at family gatherings, just so she and her relatives can laugh at the weirdo.
Very impressive.

I've always struggled with peoples names but can remember numbers no problem. If someone tells me their phone number i can normally remember it straight away. Its like a rhythm in my head - i just remember the numbers in a rhythm. Eg a mobile no - i split it in to sections 5, 3 and 3. so 07789 191 191. By the way, thats not a number i'ever heard before.
Old 08-04-2021, 05:12 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkba1t View Post
Very impressive.

I've always struggled with peoples names but can remember numbers no problem. If someone tells me their phone number i can normally remember it straight away. Its like a rhythm in my head - i just remember the numbers in a rhythm. Eg a mobile no - i split it in to sections 5, 3 and 3. so 07789 191 191. By the way, thats not a number i'ever heard before.
Poor Doris from Redhill is now going to have 25 calls a day with people singing ‘Glad All Over’ down the blower at her.
Old 08-04-2021, 05:29 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Or maybe Maidstoned?
A gentleman never tells

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 08-04-2021, 06:03 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
This thread is disturbing.

Just think, one of these weirdos could be sitting next to you on match day.
LOL !
Old 08-04-2021, 06:07 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkba1t View Post
I had a friend who could remember all her friends' car number plates.

And she could race pints (or yards) faster than most men, and yet was actually very feminine.
Old 08-04-2021, 06:07 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Or maybe Maidstoned?
Nobody is that warped.

Cricket wanker.
Old 08-04-2021, 07:18 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Nobody is that warped.
Definitely Maidstoned then.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 08-04-2021, 07:25 PM
Play nice now everyone

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
That is so wrong

2, 4, 3, 1 is the correct order. 2, 4, 1, 3 is acceptable as an alternative
All wrong.

You crease your trousers putting on your socks.

I would except Pants, Socks, shirt trousers from you....
Old 08-04-2021, 07:28 PM
Play nice now everyone

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
I tried this today and I have decided you are quite simply a wrong'un. The last time I felt this uncomfortable was when the doctor said "cough"
Well, he said he was a doctor.....

As posted earlier - if you are a little timid, pants and socks can be reversed.
Old 08-04-2021, 07:55 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
Anything below say 30 letters and it's pretty much instantaneous - say up to one second. If you're talking 40 to 50 letters then it might take up to three seconds.

I suppose I have developed an informal mental database of common words, so for example I know the word 'anything' has 8 letters without even thinking about it. As such you can then break down phrases or short sentences into very basic maths, 8+5+3+7 or whatever.

You can then apply the same principles to more unusual words by breaking them down into syllables, for example taking an old Palace player at random 'Paul' obviously has 4 letters and 'Hinshelwood' I can immediately visualise as 11 letters, so 15 in total. Trent Alexander Arnold is 20 letters, I can see it immediately as 5+9+6.

Anyway fascinating and extremely useful stuff I'm sure you will agree. My wife sometimes persuades me to have a crack at a few more complicated ones at family gatherings, just so she and her relatives can laugh at the weirdo.

How do you handle numbers, i.e. 2021? Do you count that as just 4, or do you have to spell it out as two thousand and twenty one or even twenty twenty one?
Old 08-04-2021, 08:10 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
How do you handle numbers, i.e. 2021? Do you count that as just 4, or do you have to spell it out as two thousand and twenty one or even twenty twenty one?
Thanks for your interest in this fascinating topic.

Not really an avenue I have extensively explored but it would be the full spelling as if you were writing it out, as per the first of your alternatives.
Old 08-04-2021, 08:26 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
I had a friend who could remember all her friends' car number plates.

And she could race pints (or yards) faster than most men, and yet was actually very feminine.
Her name wasn’t Colette by any chance?
Old 08-04-2021, 09:35 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
I've got some covert weird things, but nothing you'd ever notice.

Whenever I see the word 'Norwich', my internal narration says "Norridge is Porridge". I sometimes think about saying this out loud, but then I realise there is absolutely no context for it.

Occasionally I believe I am in some sort of Truman Show/Bourne Identity hybrid. So I will take different routes to work and back home in order to throw off a tail or disrupt would-be attackers. It seems to be working so far. I have never really questioned myself about this behaviour.

Rather than eat individual items in a set order during a meal, I feel I need to have some of everything on my fork for each mouthful. This is because I believe a dish's components should complement each other and create flavour and texture profiles that you would not get by eating single items on their own. For example, at the extreme level, if you eat foie-gras on its own it is likely to be too rich and fatty. But if you eat it with a combination of a tart sauce/fruit and a crunchy element then it becomes something much more enjoyable. Or another example, let's say a nice roast beef joint. Beef is great on its own, but combine it with a good cauliflower cheese, gravy, the mild bitterness of some spring greens and a swipe of horseradish then it is elevated to something entirely different. If you are eating each item separately then I suppose you are perhaps more of an 'eat to live' person rather than 'live to eat'.

Sometimes I will randomly think about a tennis ball being rubbed on my front teeth. This makes me cringe and coil up.a bit.
Old 08-04-2021, 09:54 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
I've got some covert weird things, but nothing you'd ever notice.

Whenever I see the word 'Norwich', my internal narration says "Norridge is Porridge". I sometimes think about saying this out loud, but then I realise there is absolutely no context for it.

Everytime someone says Stoke on Trent, I always reply “Bent”. Thankfully it occurs just in my head.

Whenever a clock goes “ding dong“, I can’t stop doing a “cuckoo“ in time with the chimes.
Old 08-04-2021, 11:42 PM

Eastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle View Post
Do you have body hair like Chewbacca?
In truth I shave quite a bit of my bodily hair, or at least trim it
Old 08-04-2021, 11:46 PM

Eastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
No but there's been weirdos in gym changing rooms standing there stark bollock naked using the communal hairdryer. I hope this you don't fall into this category

My one is, I eat lemons whole and by the segment in a similar way to how others eat an orange. I love it, it makes my forehead sweat
You wouldn't catch me anywhere near a gym!

And I hate lemon. I have to physically remove it if someone puts it in a drink or indeed on top of fish etc.
Old 09-04-2021, 03:23 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
If only Freud was alive today. Enough on here to write a thesis.
Old 09-04-2021, 04:58 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
Definitely Maidstoned then.
Keep that up and I'll stop licking my finger first.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 09-04-2021, 07:31 AM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Boy View Post
In truth I shave quite a bit of my bodily hair, or at least trim it
Happens to us all eventually.
Old 09-04-2021, 07:43 AM

GanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Everytime someone says Stoke on Trent, I always reply “Bent”. Thankfully it occurs just in my head.

Whenever a clock goes “ding dong“, I can’t stop doing a “cuckoo“ in time with the chimes.
I have an automatic response to some words as well. It is so automatic that I can not even think of what those words are at the moment I will come back to this thread once I hear them again ....