Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 25-12-2018, 12:18 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Worth a thread all of it's own... Owned every Smash game except Brawl, one of my favourites and so many hours of fun especially trying to unlock all the characters. Has anyone got it yet?
Old 25-12-2018, 12:19 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Also just going to leave this here...

Old 25-12-2018, 12:45 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Fair to say after a quick go this morning I need a lot of practice before I start taking this remotely seriously. So many times I pressed Attack instead of jump, or block instead of grapple.

Classic Mode done with Samus though!!!
Old 25-12-2018, 12:53 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Loved melee, one of my favourite games of all time, but been forever since I played it. Is ‘the hand’ still a thing?
Old 25-12-2018, 12:59 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Loved melee, one of my favourite games of all time, but been forever since I played it. Is ‘the hand’ still a thing?
Yup Master Hand is still the final boss.

A nice touch to this game is you start with the same Original 8 fighters they had in the first SSBs game (Mario, Yoshi, Pikachu, Samus, Link, Fox, Kirby and Donkey Kong), Melee, Brawl and the Wii U / 3DS games had a lot more start up characters. Weird to think in total the original game only had 12 characters to pick once you unlocked Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ness and Jigglypuff... A crazy small roster.
Old 26-12-2018, 09:03 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My son got it for Christmas, I’ve had a few games but I’m terrible at it, I just batter the same two buttons and don’t appear to get very far with that method.

Golf handicap - 9
Old 26-12-2018, 09:10 AM

Jolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My son has had it for a few weeks. I had a quick go just seems like street fighter with Mario characters. If sometcould give me a brief idea about the game it would be much appreciated.
Old 26-12-2018, 09:44 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Eagle View Post
My son has had it for a few weeks. I had a quick go just seems like street fighter with Mario characters. If sometcould give me a brief idea about the game it would be much appreciated.
Well to all tense and purposes it's a beat em up with Mario Characters, but there's a bit more skill to it trying to hit opponents with high flying moves and trying to get back on to stages when you have been sent flying.

I believe there us quite a competitive scene for the game too out there. I actually used to be pretty useful back in the day but I haven't really played in quite some time. I've just bought the Gamecube controller for the Switch see if that helps. It's a bit more slimline and less clunky than the Switch Pro Conttoller I use.
Old 26-12-2018, 02:33 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

So far unlocked:
•Inkling
•Captain Falcon
•Zero Suit Samus
•Sonic
•King K. Rool
•Villager

Need to re-face Bowser and Peach.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:51 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Up to 50 fighters now... Ridley though, as the huge Metroid fan that I am, is a massive disappointment. He is absolutely useless.

Forgot how good Ganondorf is until I unlocked him, absolute beast, best heavyweight in the game by far. Used Wolf for the first time today as I just got him and I never played Brawl, I like him but his Side - B move is practically suicide unless you hit it right.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:16 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I believe there us quite a competitive scene for the game too out there.
Aye, there was. Being a saddo, I still remember most of the character tier lists off by heart
Old 07-01-2019, 10:10 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Aye, there was. Being a saddo, I still remember most of the character tier lists off by heart
I actually looked up local comps last week. Just then felt a bit weird going to some tournament with a load of geeks in East London.
Old 24-01-2019, 08:33 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Tried to play online last night for the first time ever. Wow the lag was something else.

62 of 76 characters unlocked now. Shame it is literally just fighting that unlocks them. I used to enjoy the little challenges and mini games you did like in Melee to unlock some.
Old 24-01-2019, 08:41 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
I love Nintendo but I've never understood the love for The Smash series and I've bought most of them from The N64. It's the ultimate button masher in my view.

I don't start a job until next week which gives me some time to play RE2 remake.
Old 24-01-2019, 09:36 AM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
I love Nintendo but I've never understood the love for The Smash series and I've bought most of them from The N64. It's the ultimate button masher in my view.

I don't start a job until next week which gives me some time to play RE2 remake.
I can see how some people might think that but in reality you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. If you button bash you will just get destroyed.
Old 24-01-2019, 09:40 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamTheEagle View Post
I can see how some people might think that but in reality you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. If you button bash you will just get destroyed.
Oh I'm sure there's a depth to it that I'm not intelligent enough to have worked out.
Old 24-01-2019, 09:48 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

I got taught a lesson or two last night the first fight. Had to be a bit more tactical after that, although lag did ruin the experience a bit.