Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 08-08-2004, 08:58 PM

max power was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmax power was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmax power was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmax power was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmax power was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmax power was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmax power was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmax power was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmax power was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmax power was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmax power was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
By the way the ground staff all did an excellent job well done
Old 08-08-2004, 09:57 PM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by glaziers fan
The fact that we are less creative now than last season can only be down to 2 things. Shipps better than Torghelle or Gray better than Kolkka as an attacking threat. I'll let you use your own judgement
There is a thrid and fourth reason - the third is that as yet we haven't been at full pace, the fourth is that neither Kolkka (3 games) nor Torghelle (1 game) have actually settled yet. By the end of September I expect to see that both are better than the players they replace.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:05 PM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think the negative comments on Kolkka are harsh. First, the rest of the team need to remember he is on the pitch. The ball went right about 85% of the time even when Kolkka had a quarter of an empty pitch. With the little ball he had he produce one curling shot that must have come back about 10 yards, but sadly needed 11, two crosses which beat the defence, left the keeper unsure what to do, but sadly which AJ and Boyce missed in one case and Toghelle in the other. He also showed substantial pace both going forward and covering back.

True no end result yet, but I thought with the little ball he had he did very well.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:15 PM
It's obscene

cpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
...too true in relation to kolkka. They will need to pass him the ball for him to have some kind of impact!!! They just seemed to ignore him whenever there were good opportunities to spread the play. As much as I love Wayne his end product on Saturday was poor(but he is still young and learning).
Old 09-08-2004, 02:29 AM
A less likeable Carrot

Marc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
I've noticed the trend in the past. I think the players have a similar view of wayne to a lot of the fans: 'Give it to him and he'll do something clever'. He does seem to get a lot of the ball with little end product, hopefully if kolkka continues to show encouraging signs then the passes will become a little more even.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:00 AM
Slowing Down Member

westsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by chav_hater
A football match is made up of 2 halves - I am talking about as a whole. I was frustrated by Wayne in Cardiff for most of the match
Like when he tracked Etherington back allowing Butters to win the ball and start the move that led to Shipps goal. Yeah he's rubbish!
Old 09-08-2004, 07:18 AM

ammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Eagles
Iwent to luton last year when they played (I think) colchester, and boyce was head and shoulders above everyone else..he is a very good aquisition pfor palace, I can't understand why people bleat on about not spending money... why do we have to spend big money and pay agents fees when we can get players of Boyce, speroni, torghelle, hudson ability.. in my opinion there are another 6 or 7 premiership players playing in Div 1 and 2 and its about selling CPFC to those players, sprinkle it with a bit of the old dowie magic and hey presto.. we finish fourth from bottom on the last day of season by beating charlton away from home.. So can I just get this straight, Boyce layed well, speroni played well, hudson played well, and torghelle "Is exactly what we need" so can someone tell me what Jordan/Dowie/CPFC have done wrong this season other that protect the best interests of CPFC and make some astute signings... we will sign experience, that I am sure, but why buy them now because experienced players come at a cost.. buy them next week and you can save on wages etc etc.. you'll see..

Anyway, we should all make a promise.. no more bitching about jordan, agents fees, lack of signings and be thankful that 1. we have a club to support 2. we have a good fit squad 3. WE ARE IN THE GOD DAMN PREMIERSHIP!!!! and 4. Dowie is still here and the season kicks off next week!!! bring it on...
I love this man's attitude.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by westsussexeagle
Like when he tracked Etherington back allowing Butters to win the ball and start the move that led to Shipps goal. Yeah he's rubbish!
My concern with Wayne is not his work rate, effort or skill, but his desire to do things the hard way too often. He is still young - but he's not exactly inexperienced. I would have hoped that by now he would have been showing better judgement. He still tends to run down too many blind allies and whilst he gets out of some by pure skill he wastes a lot. I am hoping that he can really start to learn from Kolkka and make the most of his undoubted skill and effort.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:38 AM
Something About Airplanes

Batsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravity
Quote:
Originally posted by Nelson Muntz
My first impression of the day were how much Sandor looks like Dennis Bergkamp.
My old man kept on about Sandor looking like Dennis Bergkamp. I dont really see It. More Duncan Ferguson than Dennis Bergkamp. IMO.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:42 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Boyce looks like a good player. Big and strong and good at going forward.
There seems to be a BBS love in for Danny Butterfield but I reckon Boycey is the man to take his place if he keeps improving.

Speroni looked acrobatic if a little short, but nothing wrong with his shot stopping.

A good sign was that Johnson looked sharp and alert.

The other new signings didn't really get involved in the game, more so in the fighting which was obviously on the cards. (Like Brescia last year)

Italian petulence living up to every stereotype in the book, with diving, hand gestures, throwing the ball at players, getting in the way of free kicks and girly slaps.

Quality fans though almost constantly bouncing behind their Ultra banner.

"Fah Funcula Italiano Bastardo" was the phrase the Upper Holmesdale was treated to on numerous occasions.

Roll on next week where we can properly judge where we are adn what might happen in the coming season.
Exciting isn't it.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:29 AM

cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982
apart from torgehelle being a bit of a brusier did he show signs of having much technique?
Old 09-08-2004, 11:00 AM

moverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Saturdays game threw up 2 questions for me:

(1) Why did the Sampdoria player walk off the pitch at the end of the game in just his underpants? (Did anyone else notice this)

(2) Is Koolka related to Gillingham's Andy Hessenthaler?
Old 09-08-2004, 12:43 PM
Bombaye...

Norvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Selhurst Celtic
Boyce looks like a good player. Big and strong and good at going forward.
There seems to be a BBS love in for Danny Butterfield but I reckon Boycey is the man to take his place if he keeps improving.
It is still early days, and Boyce did surprisingly well. If I had to criticise, I'd say he seemed too keen to play the simple ball each time, i.e. straight to Wayne's feet, even when he was closely marked.
Butts would probably look to alternate the play a bit.

But they are totally different players - Boyce a centre back playing wide, and Butterfield more of a midfield (wing back?), so comparisons are a bit tricky.

I would, however, never leaver a fit Danny Butterfield out of the starting line-up.
Old 15-10-2004, 02:22 AM
Let it Be

Riccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Coulsdon Eagle
Good things from the Sampdria game? sitting next to Cassy
just seen this !