Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 07-08-2004, 04:48 PM

Diamondeagle is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverDiamondeagle is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverDiamondeagle is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverDiamondeagle is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverDiamondeagle is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverDiamondeagle is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverDiamondeagle is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverDiamondeagle is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverDiamondeagle is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverDiamondeagle is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet cover
Good things from Sampdoria game

After all negative posts recently I thought there were some good things from Today.

Speroni is a great shot stopper

Boyce played very well good cover for Butterfield
Granville looked good

Hudson/Popovic looked steady

Wayne looking very strong and skillful

Hughes looking fitter

Kolkka tracked back well

AJ looked lively

Sandor showed promise

Concern still is lack of depth in squad as apart from above other players lack the quality we need like Aki, Dougie, Tommy etc.. Also desperatly need a midfield playmaker
Old 07-08-2004, 05:02 PM

Robin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Amazing. Everyone gets a mention except Aki who was our best player. Am I right in thinking that it is becoming unfashionable on the BBS to give Aki credit?

I thought Kolkka looked very ordinary and Torghele is several matches away from being sharp enough. Wayne faded in and out.

On the other hand, Speroni might just keep us up.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:03 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
strange, I thought Aki was excellent whilst Wayne was poor. Rest did pretty wel also.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Not in Oz

EagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Just got back, yeah Speroni looked awsome. Torghelle will get better, moves did break down a couple of times at him, but is a good target
Old 07-08-2004, 05:05 PM

El D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Agree Aki had a good game, so did Hughes. Impressed by Boyce, and Speroni made some good saves. Torghelle looked promising. Have seen Wayne play better.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:05 PM
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Amazing. Everyone gets a mention except Aki who was our best player. Am I right in thinking that it is becoming unfashionable on the BBS to give Aki credit?

I thought Kolkka looked very ordinary and Torghele is several matches away from being sharp enough. Wayne faded in and out.

On the other hand, Speroni might just keep us up.
You should direct that question on Aki fashions to Latvian really, Robin
Old 07-08-2004, 05:17 PM
On my hands and knees

Gerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Wayne is a great player but still very, very young. He's going to have some good games this season but I suspect he'll have some stinkers as well. I hope 'fans' are patient so that he's still at Selhurst when he comes of age as a footballer a couple or three years from now.
Wembley 27th May 2013 - The Invincibles Rule The World
Upton Park 19th April 2014 - The Invincibles: Back From The Dead
Brittania Stadium 19th December 2015 - The Invincibles Last Stand?
Old 07-08-2004, 05:18 PM
Mr Goodness

mattgood is AJ vs the 'weedmattgood is AJ vs the 'weedmattgood is AJ vs the 'weedmattgood is AJ vs the 'weedmattgood is AJ vs the 'weedmattgood is AJ vs the 'weedmattgood is AJ vs the 'weedmattgood is AJ vs the 'weedmattgood is AJ vs the 'weedmattgood is AJ vs the 'weedmattgood is AJ vs the 'weed
Speroni was bloody brilliant. Kolkka played well on the left, Torghella was a bruiser up front. AJ ran his arse off. Aki was good as usual. Wayne was good in the 1st half. Sampdoria were a good team tho, typical Itals diving all over the place and acting.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:20 PM
On my hands and knees

Gerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: Good things from Sampdoria game

Quote:
Originally posted by Diamondeagle
Concern still is lack of depth in squad as apart from above other players lack the quality we need like Aki, Dougie, Tommy etc.. Also desperatly need a midfield playmaker
It's true but we haven't got bucket loads of cash so what can you do. We just have to hope we don't get a run of injuries and/or that we can squeeze out another couple of signings by the end of the month (or maybe in January).
Wembley 27th May 2013 - The Invincibles Rule The World
Upton Park 19th April 2014 - The Invincibles: Back From The Dead
Brittania Stadium 19th December 2015 - The Invincibles Last Stand?
Old 07-08-2004, 05:22 PM
Goldmember

KungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I thought Torghelle was excellent, exactly what we were looking for in a new forward, give him a while to gel with AJ and I think we might have something.

The rest of the team was ok, very good at defending, very little imagination going forward. I thought Kolkka was poor, did he even touch the ball in 1st half???

Speroni looks like another classic Palace keeper, amazing shot stopper, missing without trace on corners and crosses. I would like to see us sign some one with a bit more height, dunno what Kiraly is like with high balls.

I like Boyce, a fitting deputy to Butts.

Aki and Hughes looked solid, but we need to sign some one else in that area soon.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:23 PM
Hungarian Eagle

Dzsedzs is playing for a contract
So, Torghelle was ok? I'm glad. I wish I could've seen it

I know this is not the place for
advertisement, but hey! Check
out my new website about the
band called:Tangerine Dream

:D
Old 07-08-2004, 05:31 PM

Palaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Torghelle showed promise

him and aj showed glimpses of making a partnership

routledge looked ok

we didnt use kolkka enough but he tracked back well

Aki was the best player on the pitch

Hughes didnt look totally match fit

we desperately missed something but i cant put my finger on it

speroni was top class

boyce played very well 1st 1/2

hudson looked shaky early on

The Palace Addiction.
A fans eye view of the 09/10 season.
Available in the club shop and online store as a paperback, as well as Amazon as a paperback and ebook. 7.99 as a PB, 3.99 as an ebook.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref...x=the+palace+a
Old 07-08-2004, 05:33 PM

chav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Torghelle nutmeged himself and didn't seem to win too many headers, lack of match practice probably

Wayne doesn't seem to have good games anymore

What was our wall doing? It went AWOL for the goal

We should have had a penalty
Old 07-08-2004, 05:34 PM
Back of the net!!!!

Super Eagles has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSuper Eagles has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSuper Eagles has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSuper Eagles has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSuper Eagles has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSuper Eagles has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSuper Eagles has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSuper Eagles has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSuper Eagles has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSuper Eagles has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSuper Eagles has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Iwent to luton last year when they played (I think) colchester, and boyce was head and shoulders above everyone else..he is a very good aquisition pfor palace, I can't understand why people bleat on about not spending money... why do we have to spend big money and pay agents fees when we can get players of Boyce, speroni, torghelle, hudson ability.. in my opinion there are another 6 or 7 premiership players playing in Div 1 and 2 and its about selling CPFC to those players, sprinkle it with a bit of the old dowie magic and hey presto.. we finish fourth from bottom on the last day of season by beating charlton away from home.. So can I just get this straight, Boyce layed well, speroni played well, hudson played well, and torghelle "Is exactly what we need" so can someone tell me what Jordan/Dowie/CPFC have done wrong this season other that protect the best interests of CPFC and make some astute signings... we will sign experience, that I am sure, but why buy them now because experienced players come at a cost.. buy them next week and you can save on wages etc etc.. you'll see..

Anyway, we should all make a promise.. no more bitching about jordan, agents fees, lack of signings and be thankful that 1. we have a club to support 2. we have a good fit squad 3. WE ARE IN THE GOD DAMN PREMIERSHIP!!!! and 4. Dowie is still here and the season kicks off next week!!! bring it on...

ta

Andy

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For those at the match (and for our Hungarian friends), what kind of pace does Sanyi Torghelle have? Moderate, Good or Excellent?
Hungarian Eagle

Dzsedzs is playing for a contract
Ok. I'm sure that this is gonna be better. As for Torghelle, well, this was his 1st appearance on the pitch. He'll get used to it, and will play better for sure I'm glad that I don't have to hide in shame.

I know this is not the place for
advertisement, but hey! Check
out my new website about the
band called:Tangerine Dream

:D
Old 07-08-2004, 05:36 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Palaceboy222

we desperately missed something but i cant put my finger on it

Julian Gray?
Old 07-08-2004, 05:37 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by chav_hater
Wayne doesn't seem to have good games anymore

Anymore? Our last match that counted was in Cardiff, and he had an excellent first half.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dzsedzs
Ok. I'm sure that this is gonna be better. As for Torghelle, well, this was his 1st appearance on the pitch. He'll get used to it, and will play better for sure I'm glad that I don't have to hide in shame.
Question about pace?
Old 07-08-2004, 05:39 PM

chav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A football match is made up of 2 halves - I am talking about as a whole. I was frustrated by Wayne in Cardiff for most of the match