Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 07-08-2004, 08:05 PM
Let it Be

Riccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'll be honest - worst load of rubbish. Especially for a supposed first team. I know a lot of fans staying away would want me to say this, but this team is awful. Sorry Iain.

Fingers crossed Naarwich will be better.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:33 PM

n09 is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by Riccardo
I'll be honest - worst load of rubbish. Especially for a supposed first team. I know a lot of fans staying away would want me to say this, but this team is awful. Sorry Iain.

Fingers crossed Naarwich will be better.

Not rubbish , just not premier league.

YET!
Old 07-08-2004, 08:42 PM
Wine=Piss. Cause & Effect

gjtango lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngjtango lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngjtango lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngjtango lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngjtango lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngjtango lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngjtango lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngjtango lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngjtango lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngjtango lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngjtango lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
Im in Majorca, what was the final score? From these reports Im guessing we lost 1-0?
Old 07-08-2004, 08:45 PM
Goldmember

KungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think we look pretty solid at the back, which, its true, is very important for the the start of the season.

However, the old saying goes that teams get relegated due to a lack of goals, that is definitely our problem at the moment. I dont think its a striking problem (esp.having seen torghelle), but, as said, a midfield one. Scoring 2 goals in 4 friendlies, while yes they are friendlies, does not bode well.
Oh well.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:47 PM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by gjtango
Im in Majorca, what was the final score? From these reports Im guessing we lost 1-0?
I didn't go, but we definetly lost 1-0. A free kick late on won it for the Italians.

A question for all the people there. I presume that today was our strongest starting 11, and unless we sign anyone this week, the starting 11 which will play against Norwich. What sort of style were we playing today. Were we using Torghelle as a big target man by getting the ball forward quickly, or were we playing some good stuff on the ground. Also, Did Speroni communicate well with the back four?
Old 07-08-2004, 08:48 PM

Palaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by davematt
I didn't go, but we definetly lost 1-0. A free kick late on won it for the Italians.

A question for all the people there. I presume that today was our strongest starting 11, and unless we sign anyone this week, the starting 11 which will play against Norwich. What sort of style were we playing today. Were we using Torghelle as a big target man by getting the ball forward quickly, or were we playing some good stuff on the ground. Also, Did Speroni communicate well with the back four?
yes to the speroni question, i was right behind the goal in the first half and his accent was very funny, argentine/scottish accent, kind of, and there was alot of building from the bac and good passing but some bad passing too

The Palace Addiction.
A fans eye view of the 09/10 season.
Available in the club shop and online store as a paperback, as well as Amazon as a paperback and ebook. 7.99 as a PB, 3.99 as an ebook.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref...x=the+palace+a

Last edited by Palaceboy222; 07-08-2004 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:11 PM

hihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Does anyone know if the wonderfully creative little Turkish midfielder (sorry, can't remember his name) is still playing in Germany? He's the sort of player I'd love to see at palace
Old 07-08-2004, 09:19 PM
Senior member & moaner

Location: Militant Wing of the Dougie Freedman Appreciation Society
Mark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Most notable thing - secondary smoking of cannabis in the Whitehorse thanks to our Italian guests. Haven't felt so mellow at a match since Milan in the early 90s.

I make Cassandra look like an optimist.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:20 PM

limited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by hihi
Does anyone know if the wonderfully creative little Turkish midfielder (sorry, can't remember his name) is still playing in Germany? He's the sort of player I'd love to see at palace
Basturk ? Yes, he's an excellent player. Shame he signed for Hertha Berlin from Leverkusen just before Euro 2004.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:24 PM

Keith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I really wonder what game some people were watching today routlidge was very poor today as for aki if it had been a league game he would have been sent off before half time 4 fouls in first 7 minutes
Old 07-08-2004, 09:37 PM

chav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by daz_eagle
why?
Cos the Sampdoria team were a bunch of lazy, cheating bastards who give football a bad name.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:40 PM
Banned by Moderators

mainstandeagle is jogging along the touchline, pleading to get onmainstandeagle is jogging along the touchline, pleading to get onmainstandeagle is jogging along the touchline, pleading to get onmainstandeagle is jogging along the touchline, pleading to get on
Quote:
Originally posted by chav_hater
Cos the Sampdoria team were a bunch of lazy, cheating bastards who give football a bad name.
Agree, they were dirty.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:48 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
Just got back to Middlesbrough from my very first game at Selhurst Park (hey I woke up early this morning and felt a little spontaneous).

Overall we were alright I guess but if we played like that in the league we'd get murdered. Too many silly tackles and we lost the ball way too easy, way too often.

Speroni did make some awesome saves although it would have been nice to see him take control in the box more often, he seems almost reluctant on crosses and when there's a scramble in the box.

First half Kolka created a ton of space for himself, shame that nobody on our team actually bothered to pass to him really. For a while there it really seemed like they just didn't want to pass to him and were blatantly ignoring him.

Boyce very looked good going forward but wether he'd be a rock when withstanding heavy pressure I can't tell, he seemed be caught out of position once or twice but managed to recover reasonably well.

Torghelle made some excellent big man touches/headers. One header straight down to AJ's feet really should have came to more and reminded me of my dad describing the Alan Peacock and Brian Clough partnership in their prime at Middlesbrough.

Hughes and Routledge were guilty of giving the ball away way too often. Not sure if it was an off day or if it was just the fact it was a friendly match and way too damn hot... mind you Hughes probably did a lot more good than bad.

Two centre backs looked fine, nothing to write home about but they were solid enough as was Granville.

Overall not too bad, but they really must step it up a gear or three if they want to mix it in the Premiership.

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 07-08-2004, 09:53 PM
Budding Archaeologist

marky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Our worst player by far, today, was little Wayne. As much as I am a big fan of his, he put in one good cross the entire match. Apart from that, he lost the ball every time! Come on Wayne! You know you can do better than that! One week to rectify it!
Old 07-08-2004, 09:56 PM

READING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I could not believe i was seeing the same side as last week against qpr. The only problem i see is the lack of early ball to wings as all ways appears to go to feet rather than space
Old 07-08-2004, 10:22 PM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by chav_hater
What was our wall doing? It went AWOL for the goal
Lets be honest - yes it broke up, but would YOU have got in the way of that shot in a pre-season friendly?

The best moment for me was the shot by Kolkka - As it left his (left foot) it looked as if it was going to the whole penalty area, by the time it finished it was a couple of feet wide. Don't think I seem a Palace player curve on like that.

All round I was impressed, good performance.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:26 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Freddy Kurz
How often did Kolkka get a pass, let alone
a decent pass? One of Speroni's second
half saves was world class. Wayne had
plenty of the ball but lost control too often,
and habitually walked into trouble. He will
want to forget this game and spend more
time working on his skills. Aki worked his
socks off and deserved his round of app-
lause as did Popovic, Boyce and Hudson.
Torghelle showed some neat touches but
must resist being provoked. Johnson,
most importantly and amazingly managed
to keep clear of injury. Granville looked a
class act, while Hughes worked hard but,
like others faded in the heat. Think the
players that started, plus Butterfield
(when he recovers) will probably comp
-rise Dowie's "ideal" starting eleven un-
less there are any significant last minute
signings. This team lacks creative flair
in midfield and real physical presence up
front and may well struggle to score
goals in the Premiership. We urgently
need a strong no.2 'keeper, preferably
Myrhe.
The fact that we are less creative now than last season can only be down to 2 things. Shipps better than Torghelle or Gray better than Kolkka as an attacking threat. I'll let you use your own judgement

Last edited by glaziers fan; 07-08-2004 at 10:42 PM.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:49 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
best thing to come from the game today (indirectly) is undoubtedly shipps' first born.

good work neil
"And for the old, Brexit might well rid the country's care homes of Eastern European workers, but no blond blue eyed university graduate is going to come and wipe your arse or listen to your stories of the war you never fought in."

adrenalin john 17/05/9

https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost...&postcount=245
Old 07-08-2004, 10:58 PM

chav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fat baby!
Old 08-08-2004, 12:55 AM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Can anyone take a stab at player assessments for the Sampdoria players ?