Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 07-10-2004, 03:57 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
I cant belive loads of you dont actually know the rules!! I now know why so many people scream at the ref/lino over decisions when they are clearly correct!
Old 07-10-2004, 04:10 PM
Whitehorse Wall Boys

ed winchester is a gunboat in a sea of feared winchester is a gunboat in a sea of feared winchester is a gunboat in a sea of feared winchester is a gunboat in a sea of feared winchester is a gunboat in a sea of feared winchester is a gunboat in a sea of feared winchester is a gunboat in a sea of feared winchester is a gunboat in a sea of feared winchester is a gunboat in a sea of feared winchester is a gunboat in a sea of feared winchester is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Can you still get Yorkie bars, or are they obsolete, like the Goldstone Ground?
Old 07-10-2004, 04:11 PM

Windom Earle dances before me like a million eyesWindom Earle dances before me like a million eyesWindom Earle dances before me like a million eyesWindom Earle dances before me like a million eyesWindom Earle dances before me like a million eyesWindom Earle dances before me like a million eyesWindom Earle dances before me like a million eyesWindom Earle dances before me like a million eyesWindom Earle dances before me like a million eyesWindom Earle dances before me like a million eyesWindom Earle dances before me like a million eyes
Slimbloke'H' is correct...well as of my training to be a referee about a year or so ago.

It is possible to be penalized for being offside from a backward pass. If you are in the situation where you are in front of the ball and in an offside position when the ball is played...then run back to get the ball you should be penalized for being offside.

As long as lakis stayed behind the ball he couldn't be penalized for being offside.

Twitter
Old 07-10-2004, 04:11 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Indeed Steve.

I like being in some doubt. I don't want the number of decisions that appear to me to be contentious to reduce substantially.

I'm going to keep a sharp eye out for the "off-side from a goalkick" flag though, because I'm convinced it gets flagged occasionally. If I spot one I will call it to everyone's attention on the match review threads.
Old 07-10-2004, 04:20 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Gooders

I'm going to keep a sharp eye out for the "off-side from a goalkick" flag though, because I'm convinced it gets flagged occasionally. If I spot one I will call it to everyone's attention on the match review threads.
I believe that people get this confused with an offside decision, for example, an offside given in the penalty area taken by the goalkeeper and hoofed up field as a goal kick would be, but from the offside freekick you can be given offside, whereas the goal kick you cannot be given offside.
Old 07-10-2004, 04:29 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That could well be it Steve, good point.
Old 07-10-2004, 04:34 PM
$4m through a traffic jam

Daveyboyross was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldDaveyboyross was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldDaveyboyross was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldDaveyboyross was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldDaveyboyross was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldDaveyboyross was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldDaveyboyross was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldDaveyboyross was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldDaveyboyross was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldDaveyboyross was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldDaveyboyross was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally posted by lin-wallington
I really cannot believe that you don't knoe the difference between a goal kick and a drop kick!
I know the difference - what i meant to say was the difference when applied to these rules. Lots of people/rules/bibles were saying it is or isn't offside - but I was just attempting to clarify whether they meant from an actual goalkick or not.

Dougie Freedman still a Palace legend.
Old 07-10-2004, 07:05 PM

griggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelf
Slightly different question, but relevant as it occured on Monday night with van der Sar. When a outfield player receives treatment for an injury, he has to leave the pitch. Does the same apply to goalkeepers?
Old 07-10-2004, 07:40 PM

Stonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally posted by Slimbloke'H'
It is my understanding the 'forward pass' rule was removed from the game some years ago which dictates you can be offside from a corner kick.

Going back to the original question, Lakis was in an offside position (as there needs to be two opposition players (including the 'keeper) .
Doesn't necessarily have to be the goalkeeper, as long as its too defenders, so it could be two out field players or one plus the goalie.
Old 07-10-2004, 07:42 PM
That's a paddling

Jasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Offside is gay
Old 07-10-2004, 07:54 PM
Glad all Over

whitey is south London and proudwhitey is south London and proudwhitey is south London and proudwhitey is south London and proudwhitey is south London and proudwhitey is south London and proudwhitey is south London and proudwhitey is south London and proudwhitey is south London and proudwhitey is south London and proudwhitey is south London and proud
The only time you can not be offside and in front of all the defenders is from a throw in.
Old 07-10-2004, 07:58 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by 917L
If a player is behind the player playing the ball at the time of release, whether the ball goes back or forward, he cannot be offside...
Correct. Why did you quote my post to point this out?
Quote:
Originally posted by Stonewall
Doesn't necessarily have to be the goalkeeper, as long as its too defenders, so it could be two out field players or one plus the goalie.
I didn't write that sentence very well, did I? It should've read more like ...as there needs to be two opposition players (one of whom can be the 'keeper).
Old 07-10-2004, 08:12 PM

Stonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for you
And i was told a while back, a free kick which results from an offside. is Indirect.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:53 PM

moverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by whitey
The only time you can not be offside and in front of all the defenders is from a throw in.
......or from your goal kick.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:04 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Stonewall
And i was told a while back, a free kick which results from an offside. is Indirect.
Indeed it is.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:15 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Last edited by Slimbloke'H'; 15-10-2004 at 06:52 AM.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:19 PM

sjmac is playing for a contract
You CAN be off side from a goal kick AND a drop kick.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:22 PM

sjmac is playing for a contract
Sorry you CANNOT be offside from a goal kick but you CAN from a drop kick. I dont know what got into me.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:46 PM

99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
.....so AJ was just being a greedy **** after all all he had to do was square the f-ing ball.....Lakis was on side
Old 08-10-2004, 11:04 AM
Associate member of AWM

Buglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by 99percent
.....so AJ was just being a greedy **** after all all he had to do was square the f-ing ball.....Lakis was on side
With Van Der Whatshisface staying more or less on his line, it was probably the right decision by AJ to go for goal. It was just a cr@p shot.