Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 08-10-2004, 11:28 AM

HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.
Supporters Trust

Does anyone know if anything is going on with the supporters trust at the moment? Has anyone heard anything about their renewed membership yet? or has anyone else received any news updates recently?

Also, if my memory serves me correctly (please feel free to correct me - my memory isn't as good as it used to be!) wasn't there an AGM about this time last year in the Stephenson Lounge at the club?

Last edited by HappyLarry; 08-10-2004 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:29 AM
SHUT IT SLAG

Location: We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner
Jack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Re: Supporters Trust

Quote:
Originally posted by HappyLarry
Does anyone know if anything is going on with the supporters trust at the moment? Has anyone heard anything about their renewed membership yet? or has anyone else received any news updates recently?

Also, if my memory serves me correctly (please feel free to correct me my memory is as good as it used to be!) wasn't there an AGM about this time last year in the Stephenson Lounge at the club?
The last letter I had from them, they wanted a membership fee.
The president of the Commission Mr. Delors said at press conference the other day that he wanted the European Parliament to be the democratic body of the community, he wanted the Commission to be the Executive and he wanted the Council of Ministers to be the Senate.

No. No. No.

Margaret Thatcher
Speech in Houses of Parliament
30th October 1990
Old 08-10-2004, 11:41 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Thats a good point I received that and sent a fee, but heard nothing else.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:18 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
They wanted £5 to rejoin (despite having 180 grand in the bank at one point) so I personally chose not to.
I heard at a Centenary meeting that about 1000 of the 4000plus old members had rejoined.
One of the reasons many may not have rejoined is that their database of members was 3 years old, so many old members may have moved. Plus many of the original members may not have actually been Palace fans, but sympathetic fans of other clubs.
One of the things that made me smile is that there are a few people who have still not cashed their £1000 loan refund!!!
Went to the last AGM and to be honest considering it was 3 years on from the formation, numerous accounts issues were highlighted as long overdue by an on-the-ball member.
I'm sure they have a role to play at the club, but the way they have been getting through their money of late makes you wonder if they would be in any position to save the club, if in the future it all went tits up again.
One of the things they did last season was spend 15 thousand pounds on sponsoring the Millwall Boxing Day game (that no-one else wanted to sponsor), sponsoring the physio for the rest of that season, and sponsoring the Under 15's that season. Whilst they got a proportion back due to selling raffle tickets for the Millwall sponsorship package, I'm not sure if they really got much "value" from the spend in my opinion.
I think they gave the club some money (a few grand?) for some physio equipment in the summer too (as if Palace can't afford it now, being a Premiership club!)
Sorry to the committee members - this is a right dig at what you do (although I can't talk as I was on Pisa's committee for a couple of years and we did even less) but it does seem to be very much "what do they do?" if you ask any fan about what the Trust are up to nowadays.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 08-10-2004, 02:11 PM

Clapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
the sponsorship of the U-15s was a good idead IMHO
Old 08-10-2004, 02:22 PM

HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.
Quote:
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
the sponsorship of the U-15s was a good idead IMHO
must admit that I agree - are they still sponsoring the U15's (or equivilant team) this season? & the Physio?

The last news about membership on the website is dated the end of July!

I'm still not sure whether they have cashed my cheque yet
Old 08-10-2004, 03:20 PM

Axie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Quote:
Originally posted by PeterH
Thats a good point I received that and sent a fee, but heard nothing else.
I did exactly the same and haven't heard anything. It was some time ago now.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:34 PM

Location: Skibbereen / Schinken/ Trá Lí/ an Aerbus / But I'm still behind Stav.
JohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The people who do the active work at the Trust are about 6-7 (on here they are Richard, Myself, NTE, Delboy & occasional poster Empee, Nobby is of course 6,000 miles away but pitches in too). All of us have busy work & personal lives (in my case I am trying to finish a past time Masters degree as well as working long hours at my job).

If you visit the website - click through the logo on BBS home page you go to our site.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Which has updates

& you can contact us through it.

The AGM last year was held at the end of November (27th). It is hoped that there will be similar timing this year. Unfortunately due to personal circumstances I was unable to start my part of the work required for the AGM until this week (I had hoped to start in August)

There was I think 900 renewals.
From our site:
"We have received a number of enquiries from Trust members about whether their cheques have been received and cashed.

Unfortunately, there has been a delay in cashing cheques, although we will soon be able to start doing so. The delays have been caused by the work needed to transfer our old membership records onto a new database, so that all cheques cashed are recorded against membership numbers. Happily, the problem has been made greater by the large numbers of renewals that we have received (around 1,000!). Thanks again for your support!

This is part of the process we must follow to ensure that our accounts can be properly audited at year end.

We apologise for the delay in dealing with this. The Trust team carry out this work in their spare time, but we accept that the delay has been longer than it should have. It is our aim to have this work completed within the very near future."

In the mean time funding has been provided to a number of Palace projects including MayDay Hospital radio for an ISDN link to cover Palace Games.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:36 PM

JohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by HappyLarry
must admit that I agree - are they still sponsoring the U15's (or equivilant team) this season? & the Physio?

The last news about membership on the website is dated the end of July!

I'm still not sure whether they have cashed my cheque yet
Not yet sponsoring them again given the change in club's status & media profile.

All cheques are cashed, I am unsure if membership cards have been sent out (or kept with mailout for newsletter/ AGM info etc.)
Old 08-10-2004, 03:40 PM

PS IMHO we need more vounteers to help out.
The more we have the more we can do!
Old 13-10-2004, 12:14 AM

MKCPFC - bright copper kettlesMKCPFC - bright copper kettlesMKCPFC - bright copper kettlesMKCPFC - bright copper kettlesMKCPFC - bright copper kettlesMKCPFC - bright copper kettlesMKCPFC - bright copper kettlesMKCPFC - bright copper kettlesMKCPFC - bright copper kettlesMKCPFC - bright copper kettlesMKCPFC - bright copper kettles
I sent a cheque to renew membership in April / May it was never cashed.

Was there a closing date for renewal ?
Old 13-10-2004, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MKCPFC
I sent a cheque to renew membership in April / May it was never cashed.

Was there a closing date for renewal ?
They have all been cashed by now. Though some couldn't be processed & these were returned please can you PM your name / details & I'll check.