Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-10-2004, 02:36 PM
bit scummish really

Radders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by SHIPEAGLE
What about Amsalam and Zohar, OK they were not very good but they were foreign and you do need a penalty taker
Triggered by this and mentions of Walter Del Rio here is a quick "We shouldn't have signed him 11"

1)Fraser Digby
2)Darren Pitcher
3)Paul Bodin
4)David Amsalem
5)Valerian Ismael
6)Walter Del Rio
7)Itzik Zohar
8)Glenn Pennyfather
9)Trevor Aylott
10)Michele Padovano
11)Andy turner

Subs) Marco Gabbiadini, Bruce dyer.

Manager) Dave Bassett.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:39 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Current non-UK side:

Kiraly
Pops, Sorondo, Speroni
Lakis, Danze, Aki, Kollka
Ventola, Torgelle, Kav.

An attacking 3-4-3 formation & Speroni might just solve our left back problem......
Old 12-10-2004, 02:41 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Radders
Triggered by this and mentions of Walter Del Rio here is a quick "We shouldn't have signed him 11"

1)Fraser Digby
2)Darren Pitcher
3)Paul Bodin
4)David Amsalem
5)Valerian Ismael
6)Walter Del Rio
7)Itzik Zohar
8)Glenn Pennyfather
9)Trevor Aylott
10)Michele Padovano
11)Andy turner

Manager) Dave Bassett.
Harsh on Dyer, Bassett (Mullery surely, or else Smith, Venables, Francis), and even Aylott (yes he was awful, but better than our other options at the time).

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 12-10-2004, 02:45 PM
Adult Member

David of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So...

A. Are we counting loan players?
B. Is it based on the country they played for or country they were born in?
C. Does NI count as Britain?

Right, I'm off to any Trolley thread. Far less confusing
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:50 PM
bit scummish really

Radders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by stevek
Harsh on Dyer, Bassett (Mullery surely, or else Smith, Venables, Francis), and even Aylott (yes he was awful, but better than our other options at the time).
Maybe a little harsh on Dyer but whilst having the odd flash of inspration he has to be the most frustrating player I have ever seen in a Palace shirt.
The managers, agreed, could be any of them and Aylott, like Digby, the best we had at the time but still f**king awful!!
Old 12-10-2004, 02:58 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Maybe a little harsh on Dyer but whilst having the odd flash of inspration he has to be the most frustrating player I have ever seen in a Palace shirt.
The managers, agreed, could be any of them and Aylott, like Digby, the best we had at the time but still f**king awful!!
Can't really argue with a word of that.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 12-10-2004, 03:05 PM

MartinE is walloping Brighton 5-0MartinE is walloping Brighton 5-0MartinE is walloping Brighton 5-0MartinE is walloping Brighton 5-0MartinE is walloping Brighton 5-0MartinE is walloping Brighton 5-0MartinE is walloping Brighton 5-0MartinE is walloping Brighton 5-0MartinE is walloping Brighton 5-0MartinE is walloping Brighton 5-0MartinE is walloping Brighton 5-0
Manager) Dave Bassett.

Interesting that you picked Bassett - I've never checked the records but I suspect his wins to games played ratio is higher than most of our managers as I seem to remember him coming in early in the New Year and us going on a great run that took us to the play off final and then starting the following season in similar style before he went. Yes, he left because he wanted to go back up north but you can't criticise his record. Has anyone got the records of our managers as far as number of wins to matches played?
Old 12-10-2004, 03:08 PM
Sprid

hernehilleagle would love to stay here and be normal but it's just so overratedhernehilleagle would love to stay here and be normal but it's just so overratedhernehilleagle would love to stay here and be normal but it's just so overratedhernehilleagle would love to stay here and be normal but it's just so overratedhernehilleagle would love to stay here and be normal but it's just so overratedhernehilleagle would love to stay here and be normal but it's just so overratedhernehilleagle would love to stay here and be normal but it's just so overratedhernehilleagle would love to stay here and be normal but it's just so overratedhernehilleagle would love to stay here and be normal but it's just so overratedhernehilleagle would love to stay here and be normal but it's just so overratedhernehilleagle would love to stay here and be normal but it's just so overrated
Clinton!?

Claude Levi-Strauss
Old 12-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally posted by MartinE
Manager) Dave Bassett.

Interesting that you picked Bassett - I've never checked the records but I suspect his wins to games played ratio is higher than most of our managers as I seem to remember him coming in early in the New Year and us going on a great run that took us to the play off final and then starting the following season in similar style before he went. Yes, he left because he wanted to go back up north but you can't criticise his record. Has anyone got the records of our managers as far as number of wins to matches played?
I think our form had dropped before he went (we'd been in the top two, but we're on the edge of the play-offs when he left) but nonetheless I suspect you're right.

Old 12-10-2004, 03:14 PM
Doting Grandfather

BaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by stevek
and even Aylott (yes he was awful, but better than our other options at the time).

No way - we would have been better off playing with only 10 instead of big Trev!
Old 12-10-2004, 03:17 PM
bit scummish really

Quote:
Originally posted by MartinE
Manager) Dave Bassett.

For the purpose of that post I picked Bassett as it was such a short stay as manager. As I said to Stevek, the choice of managers was open wide. Venables in his more recent spell especially, Francis (though as he likes to keep pointing out, he did bring in AJ) and Smith (although I met Smith and chatted on a few occasions and liked the man!)
Old 12-10-2004, 03:20 PM
Lest we forget

Gark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by David of Kent

C. Does NI count as Britain?
If it does then you'd also have to include the republic as you might be talking about the british isles.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:22 PM
Adult Member

David of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Does the Republic of Ireland really count as the British Isles????
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:24 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally posted by Gark Moldberg
If it does then you'd also have to include the republic as you might be talking about the british isles.
Disagree. Someone from Northern Ireland who is content (or as content as anyone is!) with the current sovereignty situation would regard themselves as British (the strapline for the Ulter Unionist Party is 'Simply British). No native of the Republic of Ireland would.

Old 12-10-2004, 03:25 PM
Adult Member

To view the link you have to Register or Login

This site seems to confirm that all of Ireland plus England, Scotland and Wales are the British Isles, Great Britain is England, Wales and Scotland and UK is Great Britain plus NI.

Well I've learnt something today

Last edited by David of Kent; 12-10-2004 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:33 PM
bit scummish really

Quote:
Originally posted by BaldEagle96
No way - we would have been better off playing with only 10 instead of big Trev!
Old 12-10-2004, 03:35 PM
No Islands in This Desert

welshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by FrankieBoy
Are we counting loan players? Forsell ?
Yep and Vaessen in goal
Old 12-10-2004, 03:36 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

nottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

1)Fraser Digby
2)Darren Pitcher
3)Paul Bodin
4)David Amsalem
5)Valerian Ismael
6)Walter Del Rio
7)Itzik Zohar
8)Glenn Pennyfather
9)Trevor Aylott
10)Michele Padovano
11)Andy turner

Manager) Dave Bassett.
i think aylott should be dropped in favour of the myth, the legend...

gareth taylor.

http://www.justgiving.com/allan-williams3
Old 13-10-2004, 03:22 AM
frequent flyer

jackslipper would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workjackslipper would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workjackslipper would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workjackslipper would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workjackslipper would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workjackslipper would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workjackslipper would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workjackslipper would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workjackslipper would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workjackslipper would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workjackslipper would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to work
Quote:
Originally posted by David of Kent
To view the link you have to Register or Login

This site seems to confirm that all of Ireland plus England, Scotland and Wales are the British Isles, Great Britain is England, Wales and Scotland and UK is Great Britain plus NI.

Well I've learnt something today
Our passports are titled "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland"
Old 13-10-2004, 03:57 AM

Skint Eagle is playing for a contract
Thinking of the comedy foreign players we've had just think back to those dark days of administration when anyone from abroad seemed to turn up at training and then get a game. Anyone remeber Fernando whatever his name was... anyone remeber "fernando ooooh fernando oooh he comes from Venezuela, drinks in the Jolly sailor!" to the tune of the old veira arsenal chant as far as i can remember.

And what about the amusing Brazilian that just turned up 1 week seemed to get the ball spin round in a circle on the spot with it, arms and elbows knocking everyone out the way and the ball just seemed to stick to him! Think he then went up to Newcastle for a trial after Wardsworth went. what was his name Facunda or something!