Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 17-10-2004, 04:19 PM

Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268
Ive named my team to beat West Brom and it's

Arsenal
Old 17-10-2004, 04:26 PM

DaveS ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerDaveS ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerDaveS ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerDaveS ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerDaveS ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerDaveS ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerDaveS ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerDaveS ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerDaveS ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerDaveS ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerDaveS ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chrysler
By all accounts a vital game, I would play
Kiraly
Butterfield
Granville
Hudson
Hall
Kaviedes
Routledge
Watson
Aki
Johnson
Ventola
Bench
Torghelle
Speroni
Popovic
Lakis
Hughes

Not sure they'd let us play 17 - and from what I've heard, Bench's movement is rather static and his play a bit wooden.
Old 17-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Dr. Lucien Sanchez

<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveS
From what I've heard, Bench's movement is rather static and his play a bit wooden.
Oh dear, I know everyone isn't always on form, but please!

Taxi?

Old 17-10-2004, 05:22 PM

GSG cpfc will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.GSG cpfc will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.GSG cpfc will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.GSG cpfc will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.GSG cpfc will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.GSG cpfc will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.GSG cpfc will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.GSG cpfc will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.GSG cpfc will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.
Stay with the 4-5-1. We do not have the quality to play 2 in central midfield and that showed against Everton and Man City.

Kiraly
Butterfield Hall Popovic Borrowdale
Aki
Watson Hughes
Lakis Kolkka
AJ
Old 17-10-2004, 06:14 PM
The Sun Is Often Out

Trist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
.................................Kiraly........... ........................

Butterfield...........Hall............Popovic..... .....Granville

Routledge.....Lakis......Riihilahti....Watson..... ....Kolkka

...............................Johnson............ .....................

Subs:
Speroni
Sorondo
Hughes
Kaviedes
Ventola

If we are not ahead at halftime, I think then would be the time to withdraw Watson and bring on Ventola, switching to 4-4-2. Bit of a gamble to have Kaviedes on the bench instead of Dougie, as DF clearly has the quality to open up a team like West Brom, but I suspect we will soon be treated to a moment of genius by Ivan if he's given the chance.
Same for me.
Old 17-10-2004, 06:22 PM
Mmmmmm Nina

james powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Trist
Same for me.
And me but instead of Popovic have Hudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
Gayle is just not a goal scorer
BookFace
Gamertag: II BARNEY G II
Old 17-10-2004, 06:23 PM

nomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Sorry but NO defeat in the Premiership is a blessing in disguise.

AND replays have since shown that Boyce won the ball.

Next...
Yes, he was at fault in playing about four Bolton players omside at the free kick. If you are going to try and play them offside (dangerous tactic) then you all have to move at the same time.

Next....
Old 17-10-2004, 06:26 PM

nomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by webbplebb
Kiraly

Buttterfield
Hall
Popovic
Granville

Routledge
Aki
Hughes
Kolkka

AJ
Torghelle

subs
Ventola
Lakis
Hudson
Watson
Kaviedes
How about Borrowdale for Granville? He seem to be good enough for England Under 20's but not for Palace.
Old 17-10-2004, 06:31 PM

Ben H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by pauldrulez
-------------------Kiraly-------------------
Butts------Boyce---------Hall------Granville
Routledge-------Hughes-----Aki-------Kolkka
-------------Ventola------AJ---------------

Hopefully The BBS's best Real Madrid/CPFC fan.
PM any question when I am online and I will know the answer!!!

100th post 7/4/04 8:54am
200th post 9/4/04 12:49am
300th post 2/5/04 4:41pm
400th post: 24/5/04 7:48am
500th post: 6/6/04 10:45am
600th post: 2/7/04 8:26pm
700th post: 18/8/04 2:33pm
800th post: 17/10/2004 4:18pm

Sorry, but I reckon your signature is the saddest thing I've ever come across.
Old 17-10-2004, 07:28 PM

cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982
same as last 3 games.

bolton play the same formation as us so with their superior players we werent going to be as good as the previous 2 games.
Old 17-10-2004, 07:29 PM

cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982
Quote:
Originally posted by nomad
He seem to be good enough for England Under 20's but not for Palace.
most of the under20s arent good enough for their respective clubs.
Old 17-10-2004, 08:01 PM

Webb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by nomad
How about Borrowdale for Granville? He seem to be good enough for England Under 20's but not for Palace.
Only Wayne is playing every week from all the team from the under 20's that played last week, to be fair.

Borrowdale needs to stack up a bit, and Granville offers so much from set plays, both in the air and directly that I would still keep him there, for the time being at least.
Old 18-10-2004, 07:24 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
My guess:

Kiraly

Butterfield
Popovic
Hall
Granville

Routledge
Riihilahti
Hughes
Kollka

Johnson
Freedman

Subs
Speroni
Boyce
Watson
Lakis
Ventola

As much as we've played well with 4-5-1, for the must win game with the Baggies, I'd like to see an extra attacker.
Old 18-10-2004, 07:41 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
my guess...no change from the last 3 games. it's worked well (until the bolton game), but why change something that isn't necessarily broken. we need 3 in the middle as we'll get murdered with 2, and as long as wayne, lakis or kolkka (whoever plays) support AJ by pushing right up to him when going forward as they did against fulham then we'll be ok
Old 18-10-2004, 08:02 AM
Ledley's beard.

SpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'd play a rather attractive 4-4-1-1 formation.

Kiraly

Butterfield [If Back]
Popovic
Hall
Granville

Routledge
Watson
Aki
Kolkka

Kaviedes

Johnson

Bench: Hughes, Speroni, Ventola, Boyce, Lakis

WIIIILF, WIIIILF WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!
Old 18-10-2004, 09:50 AM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by cpfc_spc1982
same as last 3 games.

bolton play the same formation as us so with their superior players we werent going to be as good as the previous 2 games.
Thats about how I saw it (but lets substitute "more experienced" for "superior" ).

Anyone who thinks West Brom will be easy, please guess again.
Like Bolton, very physical side, (beat Bolton), have turned us over (unjustly) on the basis of muscle, for the last two meetings.
Megson knows our team quite well.
Old 18-10-2004, 10:16 AM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Kiraly
Butterfield (/Boyce) - Hall - Hudson (/Popovic) - Granville
Routledge - Riihilahti - Hughes - Kolkka
Johnson - Kaviedes

Subs:
Speroni
Popovic (Sorondo if Hudson unfit)
Watson
Lakis
Ventola (/Torghelle)

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 18-10-2004, 10:26 AM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Kiraly
Butts Hall Sorondo Granville
Wayne Watson Aki Hughes Koolka
AJ

If 0-0 at 55 mins, Ventola on for a central midfielder
& Lakis on for a wide player.
Other subs: Speroni, Boyce, Torg.

If they play with Kanu & Horsehead we need big guys at the back, hence Sorondo.
Old 18-10-2004, 10:27 AM

Location: Penge and now it's got slightly trendy I tell people I live in Penge.
Justy C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm with Benzhiyi. Feel like its a bit of a risk playing Kaviedes as you don't know what you'll get but I think in time we'll see he has the ability to win a game on his own...but also frustrate.

It will be a close game on Saturday, but I'm feeling confident. We've made so many signings that it was always going to take time for the side to settle but we are getting there, and the options we have in each position are the best we've had for years.