Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 10-02-2019, 01:32 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
Yep, a really bad miss and no one will need telling him that. He was mortified at the miss but it happens.
That aside, I thought he was terrific yesterday, as usual, and will always be one of the first names on the team sheet for me!
Same here
Old 10-02-2019, 01:56 PM
Probationary User

Dlm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDlm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDlm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDlm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDlm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDlm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDlm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDlm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDlm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDlm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDlm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hi guys I'm from Australia. I have supported palace for the last 10 years. I know you all love mcarthur but from watching the telly I couldnt help to make the observation that although he may have heart and loyalty to palace, he lacks skill and talent for PL. When meyer came on he just seemed to create more chances. I dont see what you see but I think mcarthur is not starting 11 worthy
Old 10-02-2019, 01:57 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
Yep, a really bad miss and no one will need telling him that. He was mortified at the miss but it happens.
That aside, I thought he was terrific yesterday, as usual, and will always be one of the first names on the team sheet for me!
Yep, with you on that
Old 10-02-2019, 02:09 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlm View Post
Hi guys I'm from Australia. I have supported palace for the last 10 years. I know you all love mcarthur but from watching the telly I couldnt help to make the observation that although he may have heart and loyalty to palace, he lacks skill and talent for PL. When meyer came on he just seemed to create more chances. I dont see what you see but I think mcarthur is not starting 11 worthy
Jimmy Mac has been an incredible servant and the most consistent performer we've had since promotion. He's almost always a 6/10 minimum. Jimmy has decent range and vision, a great engine, is tenacious in the tackle and pops up with goals. That's why he's rated highly here as a player and club servant.

He does seem to be flagging slightly now though, perhaps due to age. He looked slow yesterday, especially on that breakaway chance. His miss was very out of character though.

Trouble is we've gone from trying to play counter attacking football, which suited his game, to slow build up, tippy tappy passing, which suits Jimmy less. He's not got the very best touch and lacks the speed of mind and acceleration needed for pass-and-move football at the highest level, like someone like Meyer has. With Kouyate and Luka as enforcers, I think a lot of fans ( myself included ) want to see a more creative element brought in and Meyer would seem to fit that bill, especially as Batshuayi's added movement up front would benefit a smart, instinctive passer like Meyer.

In backs-to-the-wall games, Jimmy can still do a great job but I'd like to see games where we are on top, like yesterday, using Meyer's technical ability and guile to our advantage over a player like Jimmy Mac. But he has earned the admiration of Palace fans over the last five years. No one has played at a more consistently reliable level, except for perhaps James Tomkins.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:25 PM

lucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Jimmy Mac has been an incredible servant and the most consistent performer we've had since promotion. He's almost always a 6/10 minimum. Jimmy has decent range and vision, a great engine, is tenacious in the tackle and pops up with goals. That's why he's rated highly here as a player and club servant.

He does seem to be flagging slightly now though, perhaps due to age. He looked slow yesterday, especially on that breakaway chance. His miss was very out of character though.

Trouble is we've gone from trying to play counter attacking football, which suited his game, to slow build up, tippy tappy passing, which suits Jimmy less. He's not got the very best touch and lacks the speed of mind and acceleration needed for pass-and-move football at the highest level, like someone like Meyer has. With Kouyate and Luka as enforcers, I think a lot of fans ( myself included ) want to see a more creative element brought in and Meyer would seem to fit that bill, especially as Batshuayi's added movement up front would benefit a smart, instinctive passer like Meyer.

In backs-to-the-wall games, Jimmy can still do a great job but I'd like to see games where we are on top, like yesterday, using Meyer's technical ability and guile to our advantage over a player like Jimmy Mac. But he has earned the admiration of Palace fans over the last five years. No one has played at a more consistently reliable level, except for perhaps James Tomkins.

I would say if we had 6 more points this season we could afford the luxury of playing Meyer over Macca but we are still in respect the point territory. Having said that if Macca took his chance yesterday we would have two more. Sakho missed two great heading opportunities and there are countless more prior to the passed few games. Maybe Meyer vs Macca is our chicken and the egg scenario.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:29 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Macarthur makes the runs to get those scoring positions
Old 10-02-2019, 02:46 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post

To view the link you have to Register or Login

From last September - Perhaps he should just not cover as much ground at his age ?
Old 10-02-2019, 03:01 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Because every team needs a player who works his socks off & covers the whole pitch tirelessly for the team. Jimmy Mac is that player! No one is saying that he doesn’t have parts of his game that need improvement, but you need to see the effort that he puts in off the ball as well as on it.
When he’s not playing we really miss him. He’s a worker.

We generally play with a 5 man midfield (ish). We don’t have 5 better players & McA can cover anywhere across that midfield. He’s played left side, right side, and for the most part in centre mid both defensively & further up behind the striker. For that reason alone, he would be in my starting line up.

Last edited by jhc; 10-02-2019 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:06 PM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannapaul View Post
He is a soldier for us and rumours I've heard been carrying a back injury for months waiting for op end of season
I'll take that with a pinch of salt, but not surprising if true.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:15 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_181 View Post
I would say if we had 6 more points this season we could afford the luxury of playing Meyer over Macca but we are still in respect the point territory. Having said that if Macca took his chance yesterday we would have two more. Sakho missed two great heading opportunities and there are countless more prior to the passed few games. Maybe Meyer vs Macca is our chicken and the egg scenario.
This for sure! Mayer over jimmy Mac, but not when we are still in the shite. I think if we would have another ten or so points which we should have really. Then hodgson would also be playing a little more freely with his tactics.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:17 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He is one of the most underrated players by fans of other clubs, without doubt
Old 10-02-2019, 03:25 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
He is one of the most underrated players by fans of other clubs, without doubt
And quite often by fans of our club
Old 10-02-2019, 03:29 PM

Illeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIlleagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIlleagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIlleagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIlleagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIlleagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIlleagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIlleagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIlleagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIlleagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIlleagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Meyer was able to come on and play like he did for the 15 minutes he was on the pitch because McCarthur had run himself into the ground for previous 80 mins. Much easier to come on and wizz about like Meyer when everyone else on the pitch is knackered. He probably should have come on 10 minutes earlier but hasn't looked as impressive over 90 mins.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:42 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illeagle View Post
Meyer was able to come on and play like he did for the 15 minutes he was on the pitch because McCarthur had run himself into the ground for previous 80 mins. Much easier to come on and wizz about like Meyer when everyone else on the pitch is knackered. He probably should have come on 10 minutes earlier but hasn't looked as impressive over 90 mins.
He hasnít played in his position when heís played 90 minutes...
Old 10-02-2019, 03:43 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Jimmy was at his best the last few games of last season.

He was coming off the bench and it meant he didn’t have to restrict his style at all.

I’d like to see them the other way around. Meyer for an hour, Jimmy being frenetic for half hour.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:05 PM

swirly007 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswirly007 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswirly007 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswirly007 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswirly007 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswirly007 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswirly007 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswirly007 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswirly007 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswirly007 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswirly007 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good to see James up there for most miles run - Luka first and Andros also features!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 68E64F23-44C6-4E91-B04C-9C42DE173410.jpg (2.08 MB, 74 views)
Old 10-02-2019, 04:10 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Such a unique comedy laugh out loud miss from a great servant. Love him even more now.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:21 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
A full size football goal is huge, when you are only a few yards away from it, it's massive. What he failed to do yesterday was astounding, incredible really. Stand in your kitchen and walk from one end to the other, that's probably nearly the distance of a goal line. I can't believe what he did, absolutely sh*t.

I don't think his good play elsewhere makes up for such a failure like that, especially with two players to his right. What was he doing?
Old 10-02-2019, 04:23 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
A full size football goal is huge, when you are only a few yards away from it, it's massive. What he failed to do yesterday was astounding, incredible really. Stand in your kitchen and walk from one end to the other, that's probably nearly the distance of a goal line. I can't believe what he did, absolutely sh*t.

I don't think his good play elsewhere makes up for such a failure like that, especially with two players to his right. What was he doing?
YouTube best misses ever. Some truly world class players have made worse ones than Jimmy Mac's yesterday.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:24 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think youíre maybe not giving enough credit to Mac for battling away for the hardest hour of the match, and then Max can come on fresh and skip his way around West Ham players who are flagging in the last 20 mins.

Mac was also struggling in the last few minutes because he was injured in a challenge, which you might not have noticed on the telly.