Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 21-11-2020, 05:43 PM

sheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Yes to be clear again when I said they have sorted themselves out I should have said ďat great cost and by adding layers of beurocracy many companies have prepared for brexit as best as they can. They will of course be less competitive as a result.Ē

One of my good mates in the sector has been told he will be working in Denmark 4 days a week as they need his presence in the Eu. Iíd like to say what he does and he has told me many times however I have always switched off and gone brain blank whenever he starts talking about it.
In the mind of Brexiters, the financial service sector and London in general need to be torn down so the rest of the country can finally have a chance to thrive.

If we get headlines of 100k city workers laid off by next summer I suspect many across the UK will quietly celebrate it.
Old 21-11-2020, 05:49 PM
Question!

AJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Looks like a trade deal with Canada has been done.

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 21-11-2020, 06:05 PM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post
In the mind of Brexiters, the financial service sector and London in general need to be torn down so the rest of the country can finally have a chance to thrive.

If we get headlines of 100k city workers laid off by next summer I suspect many across the UK will quietly celebrate it.
I donít know how accurate it is but Sadiq Khan said on the radio the other day that 10% of financial services has already had operations moved to Europe.
Old 21-11-2020, 06:27 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
I donít know how accurate it is but Sadiq Khan said on the radio the other day that 10% of financial services has already had operations moved to Europe.
its the real reason why he wants to move City Hall east....so that its closer to europe....

SaulAlinsky
Old 21-11-2020, 06:43 PM

Twiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
if i was guessing, i would bet that is an understatement.
Old 21-11-2020, 08:27 PM

Jonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ's right boot View Post
It is an interim deal so the wheels don't fall off on January 1. Full deal still to be done.
Old 21-11-2020, 10:04 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
It is an interim deal so the wheels don't fall off on January 1. Full deal still to be done.
The same one we had inside the EU?
Old 21-11-2020, 10:22 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
A continuity deal.

Cricket wanker.
Old 21-11-2020, 10:48 PM

Jonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
The same one we had inside the EU?
From what I can tell it rolls over a lot of the wording of the Canada EU agreement. 98% of goods are currently tariff-free and will remain so. There are no changes to rules of origin. In the press releases I can't see anything about quotas i.e if the UK is in addition to or as well as EU quotas. The Canadian government is keen to stress that Britain has not been granted access to the controlled agricultural sector in Canada. (This is mostly for domestic politics.)

The Canadian government says that there is no time limit to this interim agreement but they expect to negotiate a permanent deal in 2021.
Old 21-11-2020, 11:32 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:

As left wing as I am, the dismantling of the UKs primary business would be catastophic
Old 22-11-2020, 08:03 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
I donít know how accurate it is but Sadiq Khan said on the radio the other day .
Umm
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 22-11-2020, 08:07 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Sadiq Khan is from Tooting but supports Liverpool; he is not to be trusted.

Last edited by Selhurst Celtic; 22-11-2020 at 10:57 AM.
Old 22-11-2020, 08:40 AM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Most of us will know that the majority of city workers donít earn that kind of money, and while salaries in the city overall are probably higher than the national average, city workers generally work long hours too. The rest of the country (thanks mainly to the media) seem to hate the city, but donít realise what a huge contribution to the economy it makes. Iím sure I read some time ago that the city contributes almost 25% of the total tax income for the government. The financing it provides to businesses is vital in keeping people in work all over the country.
Old 22-11-2020, 08:51 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
It’s not 25% but it is a lot
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 22-11-2020, 08:51 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Itís not 25% but it is a lot
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 22-11-2020, 11:09 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkba1t View Post
Most of us will know that the majority of city workers donít earn that kind of money, and while salaries in the city overall are probably higher than the national average, city workers generally work long hours too. The rest of the country (thanks mainly to the media) seem to hate the city, but donít realise what a huge contribution to the economy it makes. Iím sure I read some time ago that the city contributes almost 25% of the total tax income for the government. The financing it provides to businesses is vital in keeping people in work all over the country.
I read it as 100,000 people, not people earning £100,000; however the City is essential to the UK economy, and so too are the tax revenues generated.
Old 22-11-2020, 08:33 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well we wanted a Canada style deal so all good news. Unfortunately it is just with Canada so we are no further forward. No mention of cheese.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 22-11-2020, 08:39 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Good news. Not many of us can carry off a lumberjack shirt.
Old 22-11-2020, 10:48 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Any chance of cheap soy sauce?
Old 23-11-2020, 02:04 AM

big bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Good news. Not many of us can carry off a lumberjack shirt.
Especially those hairy faced hipsters, who for people who say they love trees so much, feel the need for some reason, to go around dressed like the dudes who chop them down.