Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 13-12-2019, 06:06 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 07-01-2020, 07:54 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Sony decided to reveal the PS5 logo at CES and nothing else. Said to expect more later.

Old 15-01-2020, 09:25 PM
Banned by Moderators

cezar was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlscezar was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlscezar was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlscezar was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlscezar was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlscezar was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlscezar was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlscezar was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlscezar was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlscezar was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlscezar was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Can't wait for PS5. It will be available in December this year.
Old 19-03-2020, 10:18 AM
Panty Organizer

Sony finally got around to announcing the specs for the PS5 and here's how they compare.

Quote:
CPU

PlayStation 5: Custom Zen 2 CPU with eight Cores at 3.5 GHz (Variable Frequency)
Xbox Series X: Custom Zen 2 CPU with eight Cores at 3.8 GHz (3.66 GHz with Simultaneous Multithreading)

GPU

PlayStation 5: Custom RDNA 2 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency)
Xbox Series X: Custom RDNA 2 12 TFLOPS, 52 CUs at 1.825 GHz

Memory

PlayStation 5: 16GB GDDR6 with a 256mb bus | 448GB/s bandwidth
Xbox Series X: 16GB GDDR6 with a 320mb bus | 10GB at 560 GB/s, 6GB at 336 GB/s bandwidth

Internal Storage

PlayStation 5: Custom 825GB SSD with 5.5GB/s (Raw), Typical 8-9GB/s (Compressed) IO throughput
Xbox Series X: 1TB Custom NVME SSD with 2.4 GB/s (Raw), 4.8 GB/s (Compressed) IO throughput

Others

PS5
Expandable Storage: NVMe SSD Slot
External Storage: USB HDD Support
Optical Drive: 4K UHD Blu-ray Drive

Xbox Series X
Expandable Storage: 1 TB Expansion Card (matches internal storage exactly)
External Storage: USB 3.2 External HDD Support
Optical Drive: 4K UHD Blu-Ray Drive
Looks like it will once again come down to exclusive games and price.

Last edited by Funk Butter; 19-03-2020 at 10:20 AM.
Old 19-03-2020, 01:32 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Differences so slight as to be negligible. Backward compatibility key for me. Sony has been a little vague but hoping it’s able to play any PS4 game. Since I didn’t have a PS4, would encourage me to buy (as can still play initial Xbox games on existing Xbox).
Old 19-03-2020, 02:21 PM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
PS5 all the way - the games will decide it for me plus PSVR MkII.
Old 08-04-2020, 02:33 AM
Panty Organizer

Sony unveiled the new controller for the PS5:

Old 08-04-2020, 10:05 AM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Looks like a Nintendo pro controller.
No bad thing.
Old 09-04-2020, 01:10 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Not sure these new consoles will come out this year...production must be massively hindered due to CV
Old 20-04-2020, 08:06 AM
Banned by Moderators

Price for PS5 $499-$549 according to IGN.
Limited numbers too.
Old 30-04-2020, 02:42 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
according to games journalist Jeffery Grubb, who was asked on Restera when he was expecting the PS5 reveal event to happen. “Currently planned for June 4,” was Grubb’s response.
Old 13-05-2020, 03:30 PM
Banned by Moderators

Looking good...

Old 29-05-2020, 05:13 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Sony will show off games for the PlayStation 5 during an official online showcase at 4pm ET on Thursday June 4. In a blog post today, Sony boss Jim Ryan promised that the showcase will include games and will run “a bit more than an hour.”
Old 30-05-2020, 03:06 PM

OriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
Somebody found a patent application that Sony submitted for the PS5 and then rendered it. Can't believe this is what it will look like.

Drinks holder. Fantastic!
Old 12-06-2020, 12:23 AM
Panty Organizer

The PS5 reveal was yesterday.

Quote:
There will be two versions: a regular one and a “digital edition” that does not have a disc tray. The new “DualSense” controller will be wireless. There are also accessories: an HD camera, a wireless headset, and a media remote. Sony did not indicate whether they come with the console or not.
As for the games announced:
  • VILLAGE: Resident Evil
  • Demon’s Souls
  • Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  • Horizon: Forbidden West
  • Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Returnal
  • Bugsnax
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure
  • Hitman III
  • Project Athia
  • GhostWire: Tokyo
  • Oddworld: Soulstorm
  • Stray
  • Pragmata
  • NBA 2K21
  • Deathloop
  • Solar Ash
  • Goodbye Volcano High
  • Destruction All-Stars
  • Kena: Bridge of Spirits
  • Godfall
  • Astro’s Playroom
Plus, a GTA5 edition will be coming to PS5 that will "improved and expanded". Am I really gonna play-thru GTA5 on another system. Still no pricing yet, though.
Old 12-06-2020, 03:21 AM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
As a kid I had PlayStation, PS2 & PS3 and then eventually moved to Xbox 360 once my PS3 had the ring of death! My Xbox One has never had any problems with it since I bought it in 2014. Really undecided about which console to get. Much prefer Xbox controllers too, especially where the analogs are placed. Will the consoles not be cross platform like they currently do with COD: Warfare? I’ve got so many mates that are on either console at the moment

Last edited by carter; 12-06-2020 at 03:27 AM.
Old 12-06-2020, 04:28 AM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
As a kid I had PlayStation, PS2 & PS3 and then eventually moved to Xbox 360 once my PS3 had the ring of death! My Xbox One has never had any problems with it since I bought it in 2014. Really undecided about which console to get. Much prefer Xbox controllers too, especially where the analogs are placed. Will the consoles not be cross platform like they currently do with COD: Warfare? I’ve got so many mates that are on either console at the moment
I think it depends on the game. Sony was anti-cross platform for a long time but gave up on it. I've always had Playstations because of the exclusive games. My fatty PS3 died after a few years and I got the slim version. My PS4 third party HDD croaked a few weeks ago and I had to replace it.
Old 12-06-2020, 09:10 AM

LSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've much preferred the Xbox in the latest generation, mainly because of how awesome Game Pass is (and EA Access wasn't on PS for ages) so will probably get the Series X first. However I'm sure I'll eventually succumb and get both.
Old 13-06-2020, 09:10 AM
King of Curry

Lombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have always been playstation, and like the exclusive games etc, so will be purchasing this new PS5 -but am in no hurry especially as some unfinished business with PS4 eg the ‘Last of us 2 and will probably wait till it has a really decent collection of games out that utilise potential. The only games that could force me to purchase earlier would be Gran Turismo or a new grand theft auto.
Old 13-06-2020, 10:29 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Are these really that much of an improvement on what the PS4/Xbox one do? I remember the olden days when the jump from 8bit NES and Master system to the 16bit Megadrive and the SNES seemed groundbreaking. These seem like so slightly better graphics for going on £500